PDA

View Full Version : With Da #11 pick Bills draft...

TonyBlack
03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Aaron Maybin (DE/OLB)

yordad
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Insightful

Philagape
03-26-2009, 12:13 PM
And original.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
woah woah woah! MAYBIN!!!! we dont even need a DE!??!?!?! holy crap this is soooooooooooo out there!!! what a set of brass balls this guy has predicting such an outlandish claim.

Block "O"
03-27-2009, 02:40 AM
maybins a DE? seems more like a 3-4 LB if you asked me. I think all these people who want Maybin, Orakpo, and Brown are just preparing our team for the 3-4 post Jauron

Pinkerton Security
03-27-2009, 08:11 AM
maybins a DE? seems more like a 3-4 LB if you asked me. I think all these people who want Maybin, Orakpo, and Brown are just preparing our team for the 3-4 post Jauron

hes a pass rusher. he is arguably the most relentless rusher in the draft. just bc he is undersized doesnt mean he is not a DE, he did pretty well in a fairly rugged Big 10.

TacklingDummy
03-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Aaron Maybin (DE/OLB)

Personally I don't want another player from Penn State. Everette Brown, seems like the most popular choice. I find it interesting the next popular choice after Brown/Maybin is OSU CB Malcolm Jenkins, wouldn't that be a shocker?

11. Buffalo -.OT/OG Andre Smith ~ Alabama = This pick makes a ton of sense for a few reasons. First, it would be excellent value getting in my opinion the best offensive lineman in college football from last season. Second, Buffalo lost starting guard Derrick Dockery to the Redskins and aside from him they are weak on the interior of their line. Third, playing in Buffalo, New York requires the ability to play smash mouth football and no other guy will maul people quite like big Andre will.

11. Buffalo Bills Aaron Maybin DE Penn State

11. Buffalo Bills Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State

11. Buffalo - Everette Brown, DE, Florida St.

Adding Terrell Owens to the offense takes care of that side of the ball for now. Upgrading the pass rush is a must, and Brown is a terror off the edge. He may not be a major threat against the run, but he gets up the field as well as any end in this draft.

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

The Buffalo Bills really need to get a pass rusher. They have holes at OLB and DE and Cushing is the best player available for those positions and he can rush the passer

11. Buffalo Bills – Everette Brown, DE/LB, Florida State

Brown is a guy who can play both defensive end, or outside linebacker positions, depending on what the Bills need. The Bills need a solid defensive end who can get after the quarterback, and Brown plays a lot in the backfield, on both running and passing plays.

11.Everett Brown, Florida State, DE Buffalo desperately needs a pass rusher, as they finished near the bottom of the league in sacks. Brown is a gifted athlete with a huge upside.

11 - Buffalo Bills - Aaron Maybin DE - Penn State

11. Ray Maualuga: Buffalo needs a DE but with no one warranting a selection at 12 I went with Maualuga who would be a great addition to the Bills LB corp

11. Buffalo Bills: Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
One team that was thrilled to see Aaron Maybin light it up at Penn State's Pro Day was Buffalo. With Maybin likely to enter the top 10, the likelihood of one of the top defensive ends dropping to No. 11 has risen tremendously.

This team really needs pass-rushing help. Buffalo mustered a laughable 24 sacks in 2008, and no player had more than four. Aaron Schobel missed most of the season, but the Bills had similar problems even when he was in the lineup

11.) Buffalo Bills - Everette Brown, DE Florida State
Pass rushing needed.

11.) Buffalo Bills - Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
The Bills had 10 ints in 2008 and seem to be happy with Edwards as their QB of the future

11. Buffalo - Everette Brown, DE, Florida State - On MY board, Brown is a top 10 pick. I wouldn’t blame Seattle if they took him at #4. His speed, power, killer instinct, and vast array of moves leave few holes in his game. The buzz is going in the wrong direction on Brown only because he failed to top 6’2” at the combine, relegating him to 3-4 OLB in some people’s minds. I don’t care - he’s stout enough to play with his hand on the ground, and he’s the most vicious pass rusher in this draft class. A steal if he falls this far, but he might.

11. BUF — Aaron Maybin, DE, 6036 249, 4.89 — The Bills have a few needs that must be adressed early on. They need a tight end, a pass rusher, and a center. The only position worth looking at with the eleventh pick is DE. Maybin is a little undersized, but he is taller than I expected, and I think he’s a good fit in the 4-3. He ran a blazing 4.59 40 at his pro day, and even if he ends up at linebacker, he fills a need here. Plus, the 4-3 is his only bet to stay at DE. He really stepped up this year and became a pass rushing terror for a great Penn St defense. The Bills had good success with former Nittany Lion Paul Posluszny so I think they will be comfortable taking Maybin here. If he can generate pressure on opposing quarterbacks, this defense should be vastly improved, and the team should avoid another monumental meltdown.

11) Buffalo Bills - Brian Orakpo - DE Texas

Comment: The Bills D took a step back last year and Orakpo fills a great need for the Bills as a solid pass rush can hide weakness elsewhere.

11. Buffalo - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU - The Bills need pass rush help and Jackson gives them just that. He is bigger than some of the other DEs being drafted this high, and teams love his ability to swat down passes if he doesn’t get to the QB. The Bills are happy to finally have a durable pass rusher on the team.

11 Buffalo Bills Malcolm Jenkins

11. Andre Smith: In the top 5 Andre Smith is a big risk. At number 11 he becomes a good value and would fill the teams need for a right tackle. Smith is also a safer pick for a team thinking right tackle than one that wants him to play the left side.

11. Buffalo Bills - Aaron Maybin DE Penn State ..This pick may come down to either Maybin or Everette Brown here...Maybin gets the nod because Brown lacks ideal height, and the Bills have a history of taking PSU players high in the draft...*Note - A sleeper pick for the Bills could be OSU CB Malcolm Jenkins since the Bills lost CB Jabari Greer in FA, and have a long history of taking OSU DB's in the first round...Jenkins has the ability to play CB or move inside to Safety.

EDS
03-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Unless one of Curry, Orakpo or Raji falls to the 11th pick I think the Bills will be forced to select someone who is (1) an imperfect fit for their defensive scheme (i.e., Maybin or Brown) or (2) a reach to fill a position of need (i.e., Cushing, Maualuga, Ayers, Pettigrew, etc.).

If the Bills are going to jettison Peters then one of the top tackles makes sense, but if they are drafting one of those guys to play guard then I think it would be a waste as they can probably get a guard in round two or three. In any event, they need to sign a veteran interior o-lineman whether it be for a starting position or as a reserve.

OpIv37
03-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Personally I don't want another player from Penn State. Everette Brown, seems like the most popular choice. I find it interesting the next popular choice after Brown/Maybin is OSU CB Malcolm Jenkins, wouldn't that be a shocker?

if we take another DB- especially another OSU DB- with our first pick, I'll probably end up putting my hand through a wall.

Pinkerton Security
03-27-2009, 10:08 AM

11. Buffalo -.OT/OG Andre Smith ~ Alabama = This pick makes a ton of sense for a few reasons. First, it would be excellent value getting in my opinion the best offensive lineman in college football from last season. Second, Buffalo lost starting guard Derrick Dockery to the Redskins and aside from him they are weak on the interior of their line. Third, playing in Buffalo, New York requires the ability to play smash mouth football and no other guy will maul people quite like big Andre will.

11. Buffalo Bills Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State

11. Buffalo - Everette Brown, DE, Florida St.

Adding Terrell Owens to the offense takes care of that side of the ball for now. Upgrading the pass rush is a must, and Brown is a terror off the edge. He may not be a major threat against the run, but he gets up the field as well as any end in this draft.

11. Buffalo Bills: Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

The Buffalo Bills really need to get a pass rusher. They have holes at OLB and DE and Cushing is the best player available for those positions and he can rush the passer

11. Buffalo Bills – Everette Brown, DE/LB, Florida State

Brown is a guy who can play both defensive end, or outside linebacker positions, depending on what the Bills need. The Bills need a solid defensive end who can get after the quarterback, and Brown plays a lot in the backfield, on both running and passing plays.

11.Everett Brown, Florida State, DE Buffalo desperately needs a pass rusher, as they finished near the bottom of the league in sacks. Brown is a gifted athlete with a huge upside.

11 - Buffalo Bills - Aaron Maybin DE - Penn State

11. Ray Maualuga: Buffalo needs a DE but with no one warranting a selection at 12 I went with Maualuga who would be a great addition to the Bills LB corp

11. Buffalo Bills: Everette Brown, DE, Florida State
One team that was thrilled to see Aaron Maybin light it up at Penn State's Pro Day was Buffalo. With Maybin likely to enter the top 10, the likelihood of one of the top defensive ends dropping to No. 11 has risen tremendously.

This team really needs pass-rushing help. Buffalo mustered a laughable 24 sacks in 2008, and no player had more than four. Aaron Schobel missed most of the season, but the Bills had similar problems even when he was in the lineup

11.) Buffalo Bills - Everette Brown, DE Florida State
Pass rushing needed.

11.) Buffalo Bills - Malcolm Jenkins, CB Ohio State
The Bills had 10 ints in 2008 and seem to be happy with Edwards as their QB of the future

11. Buffalo - Everette Brown, DE, Florida State - On MY board, Brown is a top 10 pick. I wouldn’t blame Seattle if they took him at #4. His speed, power, killer instinct, and vast array of moves leave few holes in his game. The buzz is going in the wrong direction on Brown only because he failed to top 6’2” at the combine, relegating him to 3-4 OLB in some people’s minds. I don’t care - he’s stout enough to play with his hand on the ground, and he’s the most vicious pass rusher in this draft class. A steal if he falls this far, but he might.

11. BUF — Aaron Maybin, DE, 6036 249, 4.89 — The Bills have a few needs that must be adressed early on. They need a tight end, a pass rusher, and a center. The only position worth looking at with the eleventh pick is DE. Maybin is a little undersized, but he is taller than I expected, and I think he’s a good fit in the 4-3. He ran a blazing 4.59 40 at his pro day, and even if he ends up at linebacker, he fills a need here. Plus, the 4-3 is his only bet to stay at DE. He really stepped up this year and became a pass rushing terror for a great Penn St defense. The Bills had good success with former Nittany Lion Paul Posluszny so I think they will be comfortable taking Maybin here. If he can generate pressure on opposing quarterbacks, this defense should be vastly improved, and the team should avoid another monumental meltdown.

11) Buffalo Bills - Brian Orakpo - DE Texas

Comment: The Bills D took a step back last year and Orakpo fills a great need for the Bills as a solid pass rush can hide weakness elsewhere.

11. Buffalo - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU - The Bills need pass rush help and Jackson gives them just that. He is bigger than some of the other DEs being drafted this high, and teams love his ability to swat down passes if he doesn’t get to the QB. The Bills are happy to finally have a durable pass rusher on the team.

11 Buffalo Bills Malcolm Jenkins

11. Andre Smith: In the top 5 Andre Smith is a big risk. At number 11 he becomes a good value and would fill the teams need for a right tackle. Smith is also a safer pick for a team thinking right tackle than one that wants him to play the left side.

11. Buffalo Bills - Aaron Maybin DE Penn State ..This pick may come down to either Maybin or Everette Brown here...Maybin gets the nod because Brown lacks ideal height, and the Bills have a history of taking PSU players high in the draft...*Note - A sleeper pick for the Bills could be OSU CB Malcolm Jenkins since the Bills lost CB Jabari Greer in FA, and have a long history of taking OSU DB's in the first round...Jenkins has the ability to play CB or move inside to Safety.

you dont want a player from PSU, but look at the outcomes of FSU DE's??