PDA

View Full Version : Kearse likely to be out of team drills until June

Gunzlingr
05-14-2003, 07:30 AM
Jevon Kearse said if he was a ''regular person,'' he'd be ready to go, ready to say he's all the way back from surgery to repair a fractured foot.

But when the Titans think about Kearse, they don't think about ''regular.'' They think about Pro Bowls and sack records, they think about the guy whose speed and athleticism allows him to carry the nickname ''The Freak.''

That's why Kearse wasn't in drills yesterday and probably will not be in any of the team's May workouts. The Titans want to take no chances with Kearse, who missed 12 games last season after fracturing his foot in the regular-season opener and finished the year with a career-low two sacks.

''I'm taking it slow,'' Kearse said. ''[The doctor] told me if I was just a regular person, not doing a lot of physical things and running around and doing a lot of cutting and planting and guys leaning on you and stuff like that, I would be good to go. But they are going to take time.'

more (http://www.tennessean.com/sports/titans/archives/03/05/32683646.shtml?Element_ID=32683646)