PDA

View Full Version : TO has certainly upped our visibility

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2009, 02:40 PM
http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/1268402/127207/SI_300x250_30Off_HatsApparel_BigBox_3.25.09.jpg

How often do you remember seeing Bills gear being hawked in NFL ads??? NEVER!! I know some people might think this is stupid and a desperation move or whatever, but for the time being it is really boosting our visibility, and I think thats a very good thing. We need cash, we need to expand our market base, and if TO helps with that, I am all for it.

The Bills are a company, and this is all part of their marketing scheme.

ddaryl
03-26-2009, 02:44 PM
for better or for worse, but there is an old saying ... "there is no bad publicity"

Goobylal
03-26-2009, 02:47 PM
for better or for worse, but there is an old saying ... "there is no bad publicity"
Or as Oscar Wilde put it "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

OpIv37
03-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I was in a sports store in Woodbridge, VA the other day- they didn't have TO jerseys yet but they had the TO 81 T-shirt hanging next to similar T-shirts for Haynesworth, Brady, Manning, etc. It was weird to see a Bills player up there with all the high-profile guys.

psubills62
03-26-2009, 03:07 PM
http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/1268402/127207/SI_300x250_30Off_HatsApparel_BigBox_3.25.09.jpg

How often do you remember seeing Bills gear being hawked in NFL ads??? NEVER!! I know some people might think this is stupid and a desperation move or whatever, but for the time being it is really boosting our visibility, and I think thats a very good thing. We need cash, we need to expand our market base, and if TO helps with that, I am all for it.

The Bills are a company, and this is all part of their marketing scheme.

I love getting visibility.

The only problem is - so many people hate T.O. Even if it's only because the media covers him 24/7, they still hate T.O. So I'm wondering if it will actually increase the number of people who root against us? I guess I don't really care either way, but I'm not sure I see it increasing our fan base all that much.

FlyingDutchman
03-26-2009, 03:21 PM
This is what he was brought here to do. Sell merchandise and tickets. Ive seen the Bills discussed the last 3 days in a row on ESPN

OpIv37
03-26-2009, 03:26 PM

The only problem is - so many people hate T.O. Even if it's only because the media covers him 24/7, they still hate T.O. So I'm wondering if it will actually increase the number of people who root against us? I guess I don't really care either way, but I'm not sure I see it increasing our fan base all that much.

really, hardly anyone roots against us outside the AFCE. We're largely irrelevant. In fact, some people root for us out of pity when their team is out of it. I live out of market so I've seen it a million times.

But I do see your point- the TO thing could piss some people off and make some enemies for this team. On the whole, though, I think it will attract way more fans than haters.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Still nothing in our malls with anything TO or Buffalo so thats upsetting gotta order it all online

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting for the day when we get publicity because of winning. It did happen ealy last year before we got our hearts broken once again.

psubills62
03-26-2009, 03:36 PM
really, hardly anyone roots against us outside the AFCE. We're largely irrelevant. In fact, some people root for us out of pity when their team is out of it. I live out of market so I've seen it a million times.

But I do see your point- the TO thing could piss some people off and make some enemies for this team. On the whole, though, I think it will attract way more fans than haters.

I could see people rooting for the Bills out of pity.

I think it could really help our fan base if two things happens: 1) T.O. behaves himself. This is going to be very difficult, mainly because of how the media portrays things (like skipping voluntary workouts). But if Owens can just be quiet or happy or whatever for one year in Buffalo, people might become curious about it. Also, 2) if the Bills are successful. If signing Owens helps take the Bills to the playoffs and they become something of a feel-good story, along with the exposure, then that could help quite a bit.

Those are my thoughts, we'll have to see though. I live in Indiana, so I'm the only Bills fan out here that I know of. And since we signed T.O., five people have mentioned it to me, and before that nobody ever mentioned the Bills (I've been here for 2 years) to me. I could easily see some of my friends rooting for them on the side, because I get so excited about it.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Everyone hates Billy Fuccillo, at least I know first hand for the Syracuse and Albany people I know, he is so annoying with his "HUUUUUGEE" ads. But its all marketing, it sticks in your brain.

Will TO bring millions to our fan base? No. Will he hurt? I dont think so. Is it worth it to bring in someone who may help win some fans, as well as someone who is a pretty darn good receiver? Absolutely.

feldspar
03-26-2009, 05:54 PM

Does that Bears jersey come with the tits?