PDA

View Full Version : Pioli says TG and Waters not going anywhere

madness
03-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Pioli says Gonzalez did not request a trade

By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
More News
DANA POINT, Calif. | General manager Scott Pioli said Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez did not request a trade during recent conversations.

“He has not indicated to me that he wants to be traded,” Pioli said. “I don’t want to get into any other specifics of the conversations because those are conversations that will stay between players and (coach Todd Haley) and players and myself. They were good conversations, positive conversations, healthy conversations.”

Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said this week the Chiefs would not attempt to trade Gonzalez. Pioli said the Chiefs have made no effort to determine what they could get for Gonzalez.

“I’ve not made or fielded any call regarding Tony Gonzalez,” he said.

Pioli also indicated the Chiefs would not attempt to move Pro Bowl guard Brian Waters, who recently asked to be traded or released.

“He’s a Chief,” Pioli said. “He’s under contract.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1106883.html

madness
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Obviously we didn't have a shot at TG but the comments about Waters no going anywhere stings a bit.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Why would they KC is that much better with them then without.Its gotta make sense and trading either of those guys just doesnt make sense for them.

DraftBoy
03-26-2009, 05:16 PM
No shock here, Pioli isn't dumb he knows what he's doing.

Philagape
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM
He didn't say Waters isn't going anywhere. He said they would not attempt to move him. Didn't say anything about fielding offers.
How often do you hear a team say they're actively shopping a player anyway?

Goobylal
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Pioli says TG and Waters not going anywhere
Literally and figuratively.

camelcowboy
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
New England will get them for a 7th round choice next year and a cup of chowder.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Obviously we didn't have a shot at TG but the comments about Waters no going anywhere stings a bit.

all he said was he is under contract, he didnt say jack about anything else.

acehole
03-26-2009, 08:32 PM

posturing...

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2009, 09:19 PM
New England will get them for a 7th round choice next year and a cup of chowder.
:goodpost:

HHURRICANE
03-27-2009, 08:46 AM
I beleive that Waters isn't going anywhere.

Gonzales may go if a high enough bid gets thrown at them from the right team.

madness
03-27-2009, 10:47 AM
He didn't say Waters isn't going anywhere. He said they would not attempt to move him. Didn't say anything about fielding offers.
How often do you hear a team say they're actively shopping a player anyway?

So he's not not going anywhere but he wouldn't attempt to move him? Very often... the media might not report it but, yes, very often.

madness
03-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Chiefs Pro Bowl G Waters not being shopped
By Chris Brown - Posted March 27th, 2009
In addition to refuting rumors that Tony Gonzalez asked to be traded, Kansas City GM Scott Pioli also stated firmly that Pro Bowl G Brian Waters would not be moved off their roster either.

There had been some speculation that Waters, who is unhappy in KC might be traded under the new front office regime. But Pioli shot that down in an interview with the Kansas City Star.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/27/chiefs-pro-bowl-g-waters-not-being-shopped/