I'm Bored Out of My Mind (So I'm Posting My Official Mock)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

I'm Bored Out of My Mind (So I'm Posting My Official Mock)

Ok, with what has already happened in free agency, obviously I can't change the past. I think, had I been in charge, I would have made a play for Hangartner PLUS another linemen, possibly Jason Brown. Then I'd have Hangartner play guard. But, what's done is done and so I'm going to move on from there.

Peters situation - Honestly I'm sick of it. I'm sick of him. I don't think he's worth what he wants, and as much as I hate to say it, I'd trade him. Obviously, if it can be worked out in the 9.5 region, I'd keep him. But, it won't so I tell Philly he is theirs for the 21st pick. If they want him, they'd do it.

If they didn't want him, I'd just tell him to play out his contract and then we'll let him go. But not guarantee that we wouldn't franchise him. What can he do, honestly? Sit out? Let him.

But I'm rambling, onto the draft.

#11 - BJ Raji - I have been saying this for a while. Our best pass rusher was out last year. Our defense was at its best with Sam Adams and Pat Williams, so I'm a believer in DT's. They don't get snatch up and signed big for no reason. I think a Stroud/Raji combo will destroy teams running game, and force them into passing situations. I think if we can dictate play selection more, pass rush, pass defense, etc, will improve. BJ Raji is the one sure bet that might be there at 11, in my opinion.

#21 - Brandon Pettigrew - I love the addition of TO. He's been my favorite WR for ten years. (Except when Moulds was here) However he needs help as well as the rest of our offense. I think Pettigrew at 21 is the perfect spot to draft him, we've all talked about him and what he can do for our offense, so I can just leave it at that.

#42 - Phil Loadholt - Here is our new RT. Read his scouting report here. Another big tackle. I move Walker to LT, which if Peters is gone, is a no brainer. I think this could be a tremendous run blocking line. And good run blocking equates to:

Favorable down and distance
    The ability to dictate run/pass
    Makes play action useful and appropriate
    Forces defenses closer to the line, TO & Lee, you get the point.

From there IDK. I can't analyze 4 rounds into the draft as I don't get paid to do so, so it would be a huge waste of time.

I honestly think we grab an LB in the 3rd and have him, Ellison, Digi, and Bowen compete for the 3rd spot. Digi and Ellison have starting exp. and with our huge DT's clogging up blocks, whoever is in there will improve over last year, etc.

As far as left guard goes, we'll have to draft some depth at line and maybe hope for a vet to get axed in june/july. It happens. Guards can be found and frankly, they can be as good or better than Dockery, so we shouldn't drop off too much at the line, I don't think.

If you bash me, don't make it Peters related, as none of us knows how that will turn out. I am merely posting what I'd do, at this point. (If it were me, I'd have signed him last year, it would've been cheaper and less drama. Probably better for 08 as well)
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: I'm Bored Out of My Mind (So I'm Posting My Official Mock)

Your guess is as good as anyones.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
      Peters situation - Honestly I'm sick of it. I'm sick of him. I don't think he's worth what he wants, and as much as I hate to say it, I'd trade him. Obviously, if it can be worked out in the 9.5 region, I'd keep him. But, it won't so I tell Philly he is theirs for the 21st pick. If they want him, they'd do it.

If they didn't want him, I'd just tell him to play out his contract and then we'll let him go. But not guarantee that we wouldn't franchise him. What can he do, honestly? Sit out? Let him.

Ok... so you figured in a trade of peters and yet we don't take an OT at #11 or #21... ????????

and then you say make him play if we can't trade him, an yet again you don't consider the need for his eventual replacement either... ??????? and moving Walker over and depending on a 2nd round project IMO is not the way to go

I would love to have Raji, but Peters has forced the Bills hands and we would be fools IMO to not upgrade our anemic OL as it exist now Peters or no Peters
      Last edited by ddaryl; 03-27-2009, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

If we trade peters and get a 1st rd pick for him we need to use the 11th pick on a LT, and the 20th pick on Pettigrew, then in rd 2 we need to go OLB/DE

I like ur scenarios thou all is possible right now we need 4-5 starters going into the draft
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

2 arrests, one for DUI...I dont see him as a Bills pick, imo.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            could have said the same about ellis and hardy and lynch
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              He can become Marshawn's roomie.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• User Manuel
                The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                • Nov 2003

Ok, with what has already happened in free agency, obviously I can't change the past. I think, had I been in charge, I would have made a play for Hangartner PLUS another linemen, possibly Jason Brown. Then I'd have Hangartner play guard. But, what's done is done and so I'm going to move on from there.

#11 - BJ Raji - I have been saying this for a while. Our best pass rusher was out last year. Our defense was at its best with Sam Adams and Pat Williams, so I'm a believer in DT's. They don't get snatch up and signed big for no reason. I think a Stroud/Raji combo will destroy teams running game, and force them into passing situations. I think if we can dictate play selection more, pass rush, pass defense, etc, will improve. BJ Raji is the one sure bet that might be there at 11, in my opinion.

#21 - Brandon Pettigrew - I love the addition of TO. He's been my favorite WR for ten years. (Except when Moulds was here) However he needs help as well as the rest of our offense. I think Pettigrew at 21 is the perfect spot to draft him, we've all talked about him and what he can do for our offense, so I can just leave it at that.

#42 - Phil Loadholt - Here is our new RT. Read his scouting report here. Another big tackle. I move Walker to LT, which if Peters is gone, is a no brainer. I think this could be a tremendous run blocking line. And good run blocking equates to:

From there IDK. I can't analyze 4 rounds into the draft as I don't get paid to do so, so it would be a huge waste of time.

I honestly think we grab an LB in the 3rd and have him, Ellison, Digi, and Bowen compete for the 3rd spot. Digi and Ellison have starting exp. and with our huge DT's clogging up blocks, whoever is in there will improve over last year, etc.

As far as left guard goes, we'll have to draft some depth at line and maybe hope for a vet to get axed in june/july. It happens. Guards can be found and frankly, they can be as good or better than Dockery, so we shouldn't drop off too much at the line, I don't think.

If you bash me, don't make it Peters related, as none of us knows how that will turn out. I am merely posting what I'd do, at this point. (If it were me, I'd have signed him last year, it would've been cheaper and less drama. Probably better for 08 as well)
                I would leave draft day feeling good with those picks.

Comment

• cpearl
                  • Mar 2005

Nobody can post a Mock Draft around here withouth everyone ripping it to shreads.

However, I really like yours. I would love Raji although thevery reason you think he is a great pick is why he will be gone by #11. Raji-Stroud would be unstoppable. And would really help our undersized LBs.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

I certainly wouldn't mind that, except for two things:

1) I don't think Raji will fall that far. I know, mock drafts are speculation anyway, but I just don't see him getting past several teams who need an NT.

2) Honestly, I don't see the Bills trading Peters. I can see them grabbing an OT early if contract talks aren't near completion (mainly for leverage if a holdout happens again), but I can't see them trading him until next year, when he has 1 year left on his contract. Also, it's so difficult to predict trades, so it's not usually worth it.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      Ok... so you figured in a trade of peters and yet we don't take an OT at #11 or #21... ????????

and then you say make him play if we can't trade him, an yet again you don't consider the need for his eventual replacement either... ??????? and moving Walker over and depending on a 2nd round project IMO is not the way to go

I would love to have Raji, but Peters has forced the Bills hands and we would be fools IMO to not upgrade our anemic OL as it exist now Peters or no Peters
                      Peters isn't worth it. He just isn't that good. When has our line performed well, that he would be considered good?

It became the trendy thing to say, "Oh jason peters is good"...Whatever. He signed a contract 2 years ago, and he hasn't out played it. Comparing his pay to Walker's pay is irrelevant, as he hasn't outplayed Walker. If he didn't want to play for a pay he shouldn't have signed a contract.

He gave up the most sacks in the ENTIRE NFL last year.

HE GAVE UP THE MOST SACKS IN THE ENTIRE NFL LAST YEAR!

If Lynch had the most fumbles, or if Trent had the most picks, we would axe them.

We can get Peters value x2 for a trade right now. Not only that, but you don't have to take a tackle at 11 if you don't feel their worth it.

Its that kind of thinking that gets teams in cap hell. "Oh well gee wizz we need this position the most, we better draft it as high as possible. No. Sorry. The drop from 1st to 2nd round isn't necessarily that much. PETERS WASN'T EVEN DRAFTED!

We needed a tackle heading into the draft before, and your line of thinking got us Mike Williams.

I'd try mine.

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Peters isn't worth it. He just isn't that good. When has our line performed well, that he would be considered good?

It became the trendy thing to say, "Oh jason peters is good"...Whatever. He signed a contract 2 years ago, and he hasn't out played it. Comparing his pay to Walker's pay is irrelevant, as he hasn't outplayed Walker. If he didn't want to play for a pay he shouldn't have signed a contract.

He gave up the most sacks in the ENTIRE NFL last year.

HE GAVE UP THE MOST SACKS IN THE ENTIRE NFL LAST YEAR!

If Lynch had the most fumbles, or if Trent had the most picks, we would axe them.

We can get Peters value x2 for a trade right now. Not only that, but you don't have to take a tackle at 11 if you don't feel their worth it.

Its that kind of thinking that gets teams in cap hell. "Oh well gee wizz we need this position the most, we better draft it as high as possible. No. Sorry. The drop from 1st to 2nd round isn't necessarily that much. PETERS WASN'T EVEN DRAFTED!

We needed a tackle heading into the draft before, and your line of thinking got us Mike Williams.

I'd try mine.

Well I pretty much agree on your assessment about Peters not being worth the headache nor the price tag... but I would force him to play on his old deal before I would ever trade him just to get rid of him which is why I say draft Oher

I personally think the OT listed as 1st rd talent can start. Oher can play LG while we deal with Peters, and using the Mike Williams as analogy doesn't mean it will happen again. I like Oher because he is a G and/or a T. He gives us leverage against Peters demands, and fills an immediate hole at LG if we find away to keep Peters, while also providing us with better depth at T.

but in the end I really have no clue about Loadholt or his ability to start on day 1. His analysis pretty much says he is a stictly a RT in the NFL. We need someone who can compete at the LT position and challenge our options of Walker and Chambers at LT if Peters is a goner. So at the #11 slot I would go with the a pick that IMO makes our OL better now, and offers us options if PEters departs... I don't think Loadholt is that option. I'm not saying he won't be a great RT but this team has plenty of RT candidates, and limited LG and LT candidates.
                        Last edited by ddaryl; 03-27-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Great, so we traded our proven LT for an unproven TE and then spent a draft pick on an unproven RT which we didnt need.

But at least we saved money... which we also didnt need... and we also have to pay that new draft pick that we didnt have.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 03-27-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

I'm totally fine with Walker at LT, Chambers at RT. In which case, we'll need a G like Mack or Robinson at 41 instead.

I'm not comfortable with a 3rd round pick v Ellison to start. I would take Cushing or Matthews at 21 and grab a Coffman or equivalent in the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                            X