PDA

View Full Version : How does miller still get run after his 13 games out?

trapezeus
03-29-2009, 09:41 AM
It seemed like in the habs game, there were still a lot of bumps and liberties that the opposing team took with our goalie. when is our team going to stand up to this nonsense?

On one of their goals, a habs player actually shoves miller down.

i wish we were tougher to regulate some of the nonsense like this. We don't have to fight everyone, but we have to push back.

hydro
03-29-2009, 10:19 AM
It seemed like in the habs game, there were still a lot of bumps and liberties that the opposing team took with our goalie. when is our team going to stand up to this nonsense?

i wish we were tougher to regulate some of the nonsense like this. We don't have to fight everyone, but we have to push back.
Wait what? Did they not get in the Habs face almost every time they did that? Not to mention getting into a ton of fights and little tiffs? I think they are getting much better (last two games) at not letting that **** happen without an altercation...

JD
03-29-2009, 10:23 AM

Tonight we stuck up for miller more than any other time this season.. so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

We got in their goalies face a lot too and Montreal stood up for him as the team did for Miller.

OpIv37
03-29-2009, 12:55 PM
I saw the whole Florida game and the start of the Montreal game, and it seemed to me like the team was FINALLY standing up for each other and defending their goalie. It's too little, too late, but it's good to see. They're starting to grow a sack, so hopefully they'll carry it into next season.

Ebenezer
03-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Let me get this straight...I am an NHL player (some of the toughest athletes out there) and I like to bump into opposing players...all of a sudden somebody is going to look at me, bump me or even push me and I am going to stop bumping goalies? This is what I hate about hockey mentalities...the opponents are not going to stop running goalies. Do you think this only happens to the Sabres? Watch other games - it happens all the time. Do other teams not stick up for their goalies? The only way it stops is if you use your stick as an axe and slam them in the face - that isn't going to happen. They stood up for Miller - YEAH!! Everybody celebrate...and if you think that is going to get the other guys to stop you're nuts.

SabreEleven
03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
a lot of that crap that went on was the ref's fault. They just let all that crap go because it was the Canadiens. What killed me was the play that a Sabres player ran into Price because he was clearly pushed in by a Canadiens defenseman while the puck was in the corner and never in front of the net but we all know the Canadiens get a way with murder...Ruff was livid because no penalties were called on that play.

OpIv37
03-29-2009, 01:55 PM
a lot of that crap that went on was the ref's fault. They just let all that crap go because it was the Canadiens. What killed me was the play that a Sabres player ran into Price because he was clearly pushed in by a Canadiens defenseman while the puck was in the corner and never in front of the net but we all know the Canadiens get a way with murder...Ruff was livid because no penalties were called on that play.

even at the start of the game, Sekera had the puck in the corner behind the Sabres net and got his feet chopped out from under him, no call. He managed to get up, reverse his field and go directly behind the net, and the same Montreal player pulled him down from behind- again no call- and Montreal got a scoring chance out of it. I couldn't believe they let the guy get away with it not once but TWICE in the span of about 5 seconds.

Mitchell55
03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
This game had to be fixed.

hydro
03-29-2009, 02:24 PM
This game had to be fixed.

:rofl: Then the refs couldn't even get that right...

LtFinFan66
03-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Rob Halford is proof that a gay dude can rock the metal

SabreEleven
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Rob Halford is proof that a gay dude can rock the metal

What about Freddie Mercury?

LtFinFan66
03-29-2009, 04:21 PM
not metal but a great singer