PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Donation drive

LouGrant
05-14-2003, 08:53 AM
Fellow Bills fans and members of “The Zone”-

Ten months ago we started this adventure of putting together the best Buffalo Bills site on the internet. Thanks to the very generous support and free web hosting from Tony at Online Media, we were able to build this site at an incredible pace. Up until now, we were in a unique position in that we did not need our member’s financial support. Unfortunately, we grew so big so fast it necessitated that we get our own dedicated server. A move that costs real money, not Zonebucks.

To keep this site running, we need to pass the hat around. Through member donations we will be able to continue to bring you the very best in Buffalo Bills news, insight, and off- season entertainment.

To make sure you know where your dollars are being spent, we are going to have “Open Books”. Every penny collected and spent will be on public display for our membership’s scrutiny. We give our personal guarantee that every dollar will be put back into this site’s operation and / or promotion. In a perfect world, our costs would be taken care of if every member donated just 20 cents a month. Every donation, big or small, is greatly appreciated.

For our contributors, the Zone will be putting together a series of special offers depending on donation, from special Zone private forum access, prizes, gifts, input into site activities, opportunities to acquire Bills tickets and so on. This is your community…let’s keep it free of those nasty pop ups and other blatant ad pitches.

For those who don't want to <a href="http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=5&state=news&nid=5085"> <B>find out more about the use of the the Paypal Button</B> </a> and prefer to send your donation in via the mail, you can send them to the following address:

Frank Stephen
PO BOX 182
Bowmansville, NY 14026-0182

Make sure you make checks payable to Frank Stephen, our treasurer (That's Ebenezer)

Thanks again for all of your wonderful support! We will keep evveryone updated on the progress. :up:

GO BILLS!

BillsNYC
05-20-2003, 10:27 AM
Frank Stephen. The man with 2 first names. Isn't it weird having a first name as your last name? it automatically eliminates ONE NAME that you can never name your child...unless you're a schmuck!

Dozerdog
05-20-2003, 10:32 AM
Beats having "Furter" as your last name I guess. Or "Burns"...

Ebenezer
05-20-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
Frank Stephen. The man with 2 first names. Isn't it weird having a first name as your last name? it automatically eliminates ONE NAME that you can never name your child...unless you're a schmuck!

The funny thing was that Stephen is not the original last name for the family...when they emigrated in 1900 somebody asked "father's name" which was Stefan...and it got Anglicized to Stephen and became our last name...

...at least our daughter won't have to put up with the confusion of which is the first and last names.

LtBillsFan66
05-20-2003, 11:00 AM
I'm changing my last name to either Ralph of Bob.

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

That's not bad, there's nothing you can do about having 2 first names. It's when your parents give you 2 similar names.

I know somebody by the name of Bill McWilliams(or William McWilliams) and I've met somebody by the name of Dick Johnson. He seemed like a dick though.

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Could you imagine the torture that guy went through in school being name Dick Johnson?

WG
05-23-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm changing my last name to either Ralph of Bob.

You'll have to hyphenate that BFO;

BFO Ralph-of-Bob

:D

LtBillsFan66
05-23-2003, 10:23 AM
Damn typo. :D

No not you typ0.

BillsNYC
05-23-2003, 11:31 AM
i just had a guy sign up for my golf tournament....his last name:

Hamburger

Dozerdog
05-23-2003, 01:33 PM
There used to be a Modified Race car driver at the Erie county fair named Dick Fite

Gunzlingr
05-23-2003, 01:52 PM
There are some people in a nearby town with the last name of Frankenstein. We used to prank call the crap out of them: "Is this the Frankensteins? Well this is Dracula, and I am having a big party at my house Friday night" The good ole days before call waiting.

Š
05-24-2003, 07:00 AM
It's Frank-en-steeen!!!!! :madfire:

http://www.foxhome.com/youngfrankenstein/assets/images/img_picture3.jpg

Typ0
05-26-2003, 10:58 PM
There is a race car driver named Dick Trickle. Poor guy.

Fat Tony
05-26-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Š
It's Frank-en-steeen!!!!! :madfire:

http://www.foxhome.com/youngfrankenstein/assets/images/img_picture3.jpg

"Wow- look at those big knockers"

"Oh- why thank you"http://www.alexfilmsociety.org/images/movies/youngfrank.jpg

Demon
06-04-2003, 11:20 AM
I'll be more then happy to help a great site like this. Do you guys accept money orders?

How much you guys looking for?

Pride
06-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Demon, any amount is great! We do however have certain perks for people who donate a certain amount. For that and other information, like where to send it go here:

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?action=YourSite_content&month=5&state=news&nid=5085

Demon
06-04-2003, 08:08 PM
No zone bucks???? lol j/k

Alright thanks. I'll send some money (via money order by mail) to that address, prolly $25.... money is kinda tight now. I'm 19yo and have no credit card so money order is best i can do. : )

I get paid every other friday and got paid last Friday and i had to pay some bills and bought several things and still need to buy a MLB game for someone so i wont be able to send the money this or next week. Once i get my pay check next friday i will send it out.

I do want to help this site though!

lordofgun
06-04-2003, 11:13 PM
thanks bud! it's appreciated!

BillsNYC
06-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
thanks bud! it's appreciated!

he's lying...send more. :boozer:

Demon
06-24-2003, 02:19 AM
No i havn't forgotten yet lol, i'm a man of my word, things been a little rough here as of late but i will send my money soon, i promice : )

PA Season Ticket Holder
06-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Quit spending it on beer and pizza :snicker:

RedEyE
08-05-2003, 06:52 PM
I've been procrastinating on this myself. "Checks in the mail". Can't you just bill me?

Billz_fan
08-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Im in for the Gold amount :D Paypal sent tonight !

Hook me up :laughter:

Fat Tony
09-01-2003, 12:58 AM
bump

Cntrygal
09-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
bump

"bump"? That's the best you could do Fat Tony? Geesh... even Snake could do better.
:injured:

clumping platelets
09-01-2003, 03:49 AM
Maybe Fatso Tony could make a donation :shakeno:

NoCtUrNaL
09-01-2003, 10:51 AM
If you can convert $100 into 100,000 ZB's I'm there.

ArcticWildMan
09-01-2003, 11:36 AM
Long time no see Noc. Where you been bud?