X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Two OT Prospects visited OBD

Alabama OT Andre Smith completed an official visit with the Buffalo Bills earlier this month, a source has told Scout.com. The 6-foot-four, 325-pound Outland Trophy winner had created some controversy when he left the NFL Scouting Combine early without telling anyone back in February. During his Pro Day workouts, reports indicated that he looked like the consistently dominating blocker that scouts had seen on film, but he
    http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=851656

Britton's already had private workouts for the Miami Dolphins, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Kansas City Chiefs and the Chicago Bears. And one of the teams he's already visited is the Buffalo Bills, with more scheduled.

or maybe they are looking at both these guys as LG prospects...

Oh and in the first link you can also see that USC DT Fili Moala visited. Mich St. RB Javon Ringer also has visited. http://profootball.scout.com/2/851795.html
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Re: Two OT Prospects visited OBD

Or maybe as LT prospects? What's the consensus on Smith with you guys? Okay to take at 11?

Comment

• seanbillsfan
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Oaf
      Or maybe as LT prospects? What's the consensus on Smith with you guys? Okay to take at 11?
      The guy is a beast talent wise. His charactor issues are a different matter though. I guess it would all depend on who else is there at that point

Comment

• Buddo
        • Mar 2007

Talent is not an issue with him. If he had turned up in shape at the combine, he would be being talked about, as possibly the #1 pick.
        If he can demonstrate that he really wants to play football, he could easily be worth the #11.
        There has to be some red flags about his 'work ethic', but if he truly does want to play some ball, then those can probably be overcome.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

I just can't help but shake the name Mike Williams when I think about Smith.

Britton is a U of A guy, and very solid, but I never thought I'd be seeing his name at the top of the first round. I think a lot of the mocks have him late first/early second, which is probably where he belongs.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

Nope don't want Smith...

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

We have no business taking Smith with our 1st. pick. I know that it won't happen, but the way it is around here you never really know.
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

I am very nervous with Smith...If we trade Peters and draft Smith we are replacing one character problem (money wise) with another character problem.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Bill did not see witner before draft and drafted him.

Just saying
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Moala in the 2nd Round wouldn't be a bad fit for us. Sorry to go a little off topic but I dont really think Smith or Britton are worth discussion at this point. Both are LT prospects so unless they plan to trade Peters before the draft or move him to RT then they are just doing their due diligence, imo.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

Smith would make me very nervous as the Bills pick at #11. Big time boom or bust potential.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

No thanks to Andre Smith @11... He just screams out Mike Williams to me. All the talent in the world, just not the right attitude for the game.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

I dont get the Williams-Smith comparisons imo. Smith was far more dominant in college than Williams and was a more complete prospect. Williams was the best pass protector coming out but had mental lapses in the running game. Smith is near flawless in both and right now based only on talent is the top guy without question.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

What is that song from the Great White North? Once bitten .. twice shy.

Smith is very likely to fall through #11 overall. Talent wise he's up there worth the consideration of #1 overall. We all know that Moss story who fell all the way to #23 in his draft year.

The Bills was bitten once by Mike Williams. Most of the people associated with drafting him are still here so I think the Bills should have the firsthand knowledge of what an OT bust looks like, smells like, and talks like. I'm actually glad that they do not just turn the page and looking away from Mr. Smith period. I don't know if he's going to turn out the way like Moss or Williams. But I like the way they approach this: work hard on it beforehand.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Moala in the 2nd Round wouldn't be a bad fit for us. Sorry to go a little off topic but I dont really think Smith or Britton are worth discussion at this point. Both are LT prospects so unless they plan to trade Peters before the draft or move him to RT then they are just doing their due diligence, imo.
                              You don't see Smith as an RT or OG prospect at all?

I personally think these visits are just get a better profile on some of these guys. Britton is a junior, and they probably wanted to know what happened with Smith's combine and pro day.

I would imagine that with Britton, they're just exploring the possibility of him being on the board in the second round. Is he good enough value to take at that point? Not sure, especially if we still don't have a DE yet.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X