PDA

View Full Version : AFL's First MVP is my Guest Tonight!

jnixon
03-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Check out my Internet Radio Show "The Jeff Nixon Sports Report" where I talk about issues regarding the Buffalo Bills and the NFL in general. I played Free Safety for the Bills from 1979-1984.

The show airs every Monday night from (5 pm to 6 pm Eastern) (4 to 5 pm Central) (3 to 4pm Mountain) and (2-3 Pacific). You can listen to the show by going to the following website link: http://www.modavox.com/voiceamerica/vshow.aspx?sid=1477

I invite you to call the show tonight and ask me or my guest a question at the toll free number 1-(888) 346-9144.

My guest tonight is Abner Haynes. Abner helped launch the AFL in 1960, when he was the fledgling league's first Player of the Year, and its first Rookie of the Year. He captured the AFL's first rushing crown with 875 yards, and also led the Texans in receiving, punt returns, and kickoff returns. Haynes spent three years in Dallas and two with same franchise when it became the Kansas City Chiefs. In 1962, he helped the Texans win the AFL Championship in the classic double-overtime victory over the two-time defending champion Houston Oilers. At the time it was the longest professional football championship game ever played. Haynes still owns 10 franchise records, including most points in a game (30), most touchdowns in a game (5), and most career combined yards (8,442). Over his career he was regularly among the American Football League's top ten rushers, ranking third all-time, and the all-time leader in touchdowns, with 46. The 6-foot-1, 200 pound Haynes, had great speed and dazzling moves in the open field. He set AFL records with 5 touchdowns in a game and 19 touchdowns in a season in 1961, and 46 career rushing touchdowns. He also played for the Denver Broncos, the Miami Dolphins, and the New York Jets.
When you call into the show, an engineer will transfer you to a line where you can hear the show. He then notifies me through [Instant Messaging] that you are on the line. At some point I will acknowledge that you are on the line and you can ask me a question or make a comment.
All Voice America shows are saved as podcasts, so you can always go back to a show and hear it again and even download it and save it on your computer, mp3 player, ipod and certain cell phones.

Call me!

Jeff Nixon
Buffalo Bills
Free Safety 1979-1984

Wally The Barber
03-30-2009, 02:50 PM
I will be listoning

Night Train
03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
RB Abner Hayes was a freakish talent in the old AFL for the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs.

If this guy got through the line, he could turn 6 into 60 in the blink of an eye. His moves in the open field were just insane. Could make multiple cuts on a dime running at full speed and then just sprint away in the open field.

Night Train
03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Good show, Jeff. Well done. :up:

Former Bill Joe Cribbs " No Average Joe" Show following yours ! Wow. That is shocking.

This station is very cool.

jnixon
04-06-2009, 10:05 AM
My Guest tonight is Roy Jefferson!

Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins

jnixon
04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Roy Jefferson is my guest tonight!