PDA

View Full Version : Latest National Football Post 3 Round Mock

patmoran2006
03-30-2009, 01:22 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/nfp-three-round-mock-draft/

Love the second and third round picks. #11- not so much, though it wouldn't surprise me since he isn't one of those "tweeners" that don't fit our Cover 2 defense.

methos4ever
03-30-2009, 01:25 PM

Love the second and third round picks. #11- not so much, though it wouldn't surprise me since he isn't one of those "tweeners" that don't fit our Cover 2 defense.
Tweener comment aside, Ayers has been someone mentioned numerous times as a favorite of Modrak and Bills' scouts. With the addition of Nix, I wouldn't be surprised if we take more of a SEC than a Big 10 look in drafts...

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Is Ayers the next Eric Flowers?

SeatownBillsFan21
03-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Seattle Seahawks: Mark Sanchez, QB, USC,LOL this is funny. never happening they will get a t or a DT thats just what they do.

Robert Ayers would be solid here IMO
Duke Robinson would he start?? if so that would be a steal
Shawn Nelson dont know much about him but we need a TE that can make an impact on the stat sheet IMO

TacklingDummy
03-30-2009, 01:34 PM

They didn't factor in the high 1st round pick the Bills will get for Peters.

:monkeyp: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/03/nfp-three-round-mock-draft/

Philagape
03-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Duke is the ideal second-round pick. I'd be happy with Ayers and Duke, more because of Duke

DraftBoy
03-30-2009, 01:42 PM
All picks make sense therefor we won't take any of them.

Mahdi
03-30-2009, 01:51 PM
K how bout this then....

#11. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

#42. Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State

#75. Cameron Morrah, TE, Cal

justasportsfan
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
there's gotta be a safety somewhere in there

venis2k1
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I HATE the Ayers pick, 1 year starter that produced 3 sacks his senior year. We already have a lot of three sack DEs. Give me Brown instead and i love this mock.

DraftBoy
03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
K how bout this then....

#11. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State

#42. Donald Washington, CB, Ohio State

#75. Cameron Morrah, TE, Cal

I actually don't mind Jenkins or Morrah, you give me a decent LB at 42 and a S in Round 4 and I can make that believable.

Mahdi
03-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I actually don't mind Jenkins or Morrah, you give me a decent LB at 42 and a S in Round 4 and I can make that believable.
You dont want a DE at all? That hardly seems realistic for a team with zero production from that position.

O and we already have 2 other Cameron Morrahs on the team in Schouman and Fine so what other dimension does Morrah really bring?

Night Train
03-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Every player is the next Eric Flowers or Mike Williams.

Just forfeit the draft and embrace misery.

:rolleyes:

Night Train
03-30-2009, 03:24 PM
BTW. That draft looks pretty good Pat.

DraftBoy
03-30-2009, 03:31 PM
You dont want a DE at all? That hardly seems realistic for a team with zero production from that position.

O and we already have 2 other Cameron Morrahs on the team in Schouman and Fine so what other dimension does Morrah really bring?

I disagree about the DE position with you, we've been over it. Im not going to rehatch the same argument again.

No we don't neither is as athletic as Morrah or as accomplished a receiver coming out. Morrah has really good hands, good size and can block inline as well. He was a big help this year for Cal in allowing Jahvid Best to spring the ball outside by sealing off the corner.

Mahdi
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I disagree about the DE position with you, we've been over it. Im not going to rehatch the same argument again.

No we don't neither is as athletic as Morrah or as accomplished a receiver coming out. Morrah has really good hands, good size and can block inline as well. He was a big help this year for Cal in allowing Jahvid Best to spring the ball outside by sealing off the corner.
Just because we disagree on the style of DE doesn't mean the position doesn't need to be upgraded. Kelsay, Denney and Schobel is not going to cut it. Fact.

Lefty2985
03-30-2009, 04:34 PM
love the 2nd round pic. not so much on the 1st round

DraftBoy
03-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Just because we disagree on the style of DE doesn't mean the position doesn't need to be upgraded. Kelsay, Denney and Schobel is not going to cut it. Fact.

An injured Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, and a rookie Ellis will not cut it. I agree however two of those factors change next season. A DT like Raji makes our DE's a ton better. So now we don't just disagree on the style of DE's we've been over this before.

acehole
03-30-2009, 08:35 PM
I would trade that guard for Lary English and complete the defense...

We can get that other guard Trevor Canfield, OG, Cincinnati
A tough offensive lineman who plays with a mean streak; could come in and start right away or hope that RT Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon [-A massive RT prospect with smooth feet and a strong upper body falls one more...if we trade peters we can move walker to LT and draft some guards in 4th and 5 and 6th rounds...[/font][/font]

Mahdi
03-31-2009, 10:01 AM
An injured Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, and a rookie Ellis will not cut it. I agree however two of those factors change next season. A DT like Raji makes our DE's a ton better. So now we don't just disagree on the style of DE's we've been over this before.
Do u hang out with Kelsay and Denney or something? What have they done in the last 4 years to show you that they are starters exactly?

In a league that features Woodley and Harrison, Osi and Tuck, Kearse and KVB, Adams and White, Porter and Crowder, Adelius and Vrabel, Freeney and Mathis, Antonio Smith and Mario, Suggs and Johnson.....etc etc

And you are good with Kelsay and Schobel (who when healthy managed 6 sacks in 07 btw) with Denney as the primary backup and Ellis who really showed a lack of explosion.

Gimme a break. Man be realistic. If this team doesn't have a pass rush next year we'll be 0-6 in the division once again, and thats before factoring in our tough schedule... Matt Ryan, Brees, Manning, Collins, Cassel... No way in hell the Bills FO goes into next season without addressing the DE spot. And I seriously question your knowledge of football if you think that its reasonable for them not to.

DraftBoy
03-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Do u hang out with Kelsay and Denney or something? What have they done in the last 4 years to show you that they are starters exactly?

In a league that features Woodley and Harrison, Osi and Tuck, Kearse and KVB, Adams and White, Porter and Crowder, Adelius and Vrabel, Freeney and Mathis, Antonio Smith and Mario, Suggs and Johnson.....etc etc

And you are good with Kelsay and Schobel (who when healthy managed 6 sacks in 07 btw) with Denney as the primary backup and Ellis who really showed a lack of explosion.

Gimme a break. Man be realistic. If this team doesn't have a pass rush next year we'll be 0-6 in the division once again, and thats before factoring in our tough schedule... Matt Ryan, Brees, Manning, Collins, Cassel... No way in hell the Bills FO goes into next season without addressing the DE spot. And I seriously question your knowledge of football if you think that its reasonable for them not to.

First I can't stand Kelsay and Denney and I was the first and loudest person to rip on Kelsay's brutal extension. Next please don't mention Antonio Smith ever again when mentioning premier pass rushers, or Channing Crowder for that matter. You completely blew the momentum you were trying to mount in your point.

I never said they won't address it, I simply said I can believe the Bills could not go DE early in the draft. Taking a guy like Raji does improve our pass rush, taking a S who won't get burnt deep improves our pass rush, taking a blitzing LB improves our pass rush, as does taking a pass rushing DE. You know all of this yet refuse to acknowledge it. We have a big chunk of money tied up in the DE's on this team already and a developmental prospect in Ellis. Am I saying we won't go DE early? No, but Im saying I can see a scenario where we don't as well.

Mahdi
03-31-2009, 10:50 AM
First I can't stand Kelsay and Denney and I was the first and loudest person to rip on Kelsay's brutal extension. Next please don't mention Antonio Smith ever again when mentioning premier pass rushers, or Channing Crowder for that matter. You completely blew the momentum you were trying to mount in your point.

I never said they won't address it, I simply said I can believe the Bills could not go DE early in the draft. Taking a guy like Raji does improve our pass rush, taking a S who won't get burnt deep improves our pass rush, taking a blitzing LB improves our pass rush, as does taking a pass rushing DE. You know all of this yet refuse to acknowledge it. We have a big chunk of money tied up in the DE's on this team already and a developmental prospect in Ellis. Am I saying we won't go DE early? No, but Im saying I can see a scenario where we don't as well.
Antonio Smith is definitely not the type of guy I want on this team, but he will be playing with a dominant player on the other side. That will allow him to get more pressure than he normally does with Arizona.

Crowder was used quite a bit as a pass rusher last year and finished with 6 sacks. Kelsay and Denney combined.

Mahdi
03-31-2009, 10:55 AM

The best safety in the world doesn't improve pass rush, he can only create coverage sacks once in a while, but you cant depend on that with the QBs we will be facing. A LB in a 4-3 can sometimes be used as a pass rusher but that leaves something open on the back end. Every team needs a pass rush either from their DEs or their 3-4 OLBs.

Yasgur's Farm
03-31-2009, 11:12 AM
A DT like Raji makes our DE's a ton better.I'll take Raji over any DE if he's still on the board at 11.

venis2k1
03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I liked Raji the first time i saw him...when his name was Dewayne Robertson

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM

Yep!!

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 08:02 PM
The best safety in the world doesn't improve pass rush, he can only create coverage sacks once in a while, but you cant depend on that with the QBs we will be facing. A LB in a 4-3 can sometimes be used as a pass rusher but that leaves something open on the back end. Every team needs a pass rush either from their DEs or their 3-4 OLBs.

100% agree. Our secondary is not the problem. You know the common link between the crappy teams of Donohoe and Brandon? Kelsay and Schobel.

Our DTs played excellent last year and our ends stills sucked. The DEs are the issue.

DraftBoy
03-31-2009, 08:07 PM
100% agree. Our secondary is not the problem. You know the common link between the crappy teams of Donohoe and Brandon? Kelsay and Schobel.

Our DTs played excellent last year and our ends stills sucked. The DEs are the issue.

Tell me you're not serious about the bolded part.

Mahdi
04-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Tell me you're not serious about the bolded part.
That's not very far fetched. The best teams in this league have either game breaking DEs or freak OLBs.

Kelsay and Schobel have never been dominant and never will be and for the last 2 years in particular have been a big reason why we don't close out games.

Ed
04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
This is the first time I noticed that New England has three second round picks. WTF!