PDA

View Full Version : FAREWELL COACH SABAN

Stoneludlow
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Does Coach Saban belong on The Wall?

There have been two football championships in Buffalo sports history (1964 and 1965), and Lou Saban - who passed away this weekend at the age of 87 - was walking the sidelines for both of them. O.J. Simpson, for all of his terrible faults and flaws, may be the greatest athlete in Buffalo sports history, and he blossomed under the guidance of Coach Saban. The much-traveled football mastermind coached for a combined total of 8 1/2 years in Buffalo, the most of any Bills coach.

So what do you think - should Lou Saban be on the Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame? He and Bills Owner Ralph Wilson had their differences over the years - but should Ralph put aside old emnity and honor his old ally and adversity? Or are Saban's greatest deeds too far in the past, too hard to accurately measure against the weaker competition in the old American Football League, to deserve the greatest honor the franchise can offer?

I for one think with his passing, it is HIGH time the Bills remember the man that led them to their only major championships. And these were before the "Merger".

I'll be interested in hearing other fans reactions to this matter. Especially since this is the Bills 50th season.

Michael82
03-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Saban should definitely be on the wall. He was a damn good coach, if you look back at what he's done and he helped the Bills win their only league championships. But I'm wondering if putting him on the wall now would be a kick in the ass to Saban because he won't get to enjoy coming to Buffalo one last time to hear the crowd....

Mski
03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
i like the idea of him going on the wall and have been for it for a few years now too... intresting thing i learned reading about his passing... he was the president of the New York Yankees for two seasons in the early 80's

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 07:53 PM
The more I read about Wilson the more I realize he's an *******.