PDA

View Full Version : Possible trade UP?

X-Era
03-30-2009, 04:47 PM
The Bengals may want to move down... the guy they may want could be Andre Smith. Hes a possibility for dropping all the way to 11.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/30/bengals-begin-bluffing-on-maclin/

The article talks about teams like Jax, and Oak trying to jockey with each other for Maclin.

But the thought here is if we move up to 6, we probably will get pick of the litter at DE... This move could land Orakpo.

The cost would be:

6- (1600)
11- (1250) and our 3rd, (215)

We could move down in round 2 to pick up a 3rd again, or of course the Peters trade for a 1st (which Im not a fan of) and get our G, OLB, and/or TE. in the 1st 3 rounds

That leaves OLB, but both June and Keiaho are still out there.

DraftBoy
03-30-2009, 04:49 PM
I dont understand the logic in moving up to 6 though. Orakpo is good but I dont think he's worth dealing up for. If we make this move imo its out of desperation which does not bode well.

Oaf
03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
No way we could move to 6 for just a 3rd and no way we'd give an extra 3rd for Orakpo (IMO).

Jaybird
03-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Depends what happens, what if someone like curry is on the board.. then we move up

bflojohn
03-30-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd move ahead of Oakland, in this scenario, IF B.J. Raji is still on the board. Otherwise I'd pass, because my thinking is to protect your investment in Marcus Stroud by pairing him with a young stud who would serve as the Bills' "John Hendeson". The best football Stroud played was with a power player next to him and NO ONE should confuse Kyle Williams as that kind of player!!

SquishDaFish
03-30-2009, 05:24 PM
If Curry is there which I doubt alot of teams will be looking to move and Cinci prob wouldnt move and take him

ddaryl
03-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Curry would be the only reason to move up... and Curry could very well be there. Paying 10 mil per season for a LB is a big reason why he will fall a few slots. The boys holding the top 5 picks will probably stick with the big money positions like OT, QB, DE, DT IMO, where big money is more justified.

clumping platelets
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM
< 10% chance of trading up

TacklingDummy
03-30-2009, 05:40 PM
The Bengals could use a left tackle.

acehole
03-30-2009, 08:36 PM
I said as much last week....we shall see..

The Bengals may want to move down... the guy they may want could be Andre Smith. Hes a possibility for dropping all the way to 11.

The article talks about teams like Jax, and Oak trying to jockey with each other for Maclin.

But the thought here is if we move up to 6, we probably will get pick of the litter at DE... This move could land Orakpo.

The cost would be:

6- (1600)

We could move down in round 2 to pick up a 3rd again, or of course the Peters trade for a 1st (which Im not a fan of) and get our G, OLB, and/or TE. in the 1st 3 rounds

OpIv37
03-30-2009, 08:41 PM
I dont understand the logic in moving up to 6 though. Orakpo is good but I dont think he's worth dealing up for. If we make this move imo its out of desperation which does not bode well.

welcome to Buffalo sports. There are only two choices: nothing, and a desperate move.

Jeff1220
03-31-2009, 10:25 AM
I can't even remember the last time Buffalo moved up from their first pick in a trade.

DraftBoy
03-31-2009, 10:44 AM
welcome to Buffalo sports. There are only two choices: nothing, and a desperate move.

Yea but at the cost and with how wallet conscious our FO is, even this move seems to be beyond their usual idiotic antics.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
If anything the Bills should move down not up.

SABURZFAN
03-31-2009, 03:14 PM
:bling:
I can't even remember the last time Buffalo moved up from their first pick in a trade.

they moved it up to 2004 for JP Losman. :flush:

bflobarry
03-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Yea but at the cost and with how wallet conscious our FO is, even this move seems to be beyond their usual idiotic antics.
Totally agree: Our FO is not going to move up for one reason- $$$$. Every slot up costs more guaranteed money, a lot more for 1st rounders. This is not going to happen.

DBrown77
03-31-2009, 04:03 PM

The cost would be:

6- (1600)

I've heard this quote about Orakpo, "looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane"

ServoBillieves
03-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I'd move ahead of Oakland, in this scenario, IF B.J. Raji is still on the board. Otherwise I'd pass, because my thinking is to protect your investment in Marcus Stroud by pairing him with a young stud who would serve as the Bills' "John Hendeson". The best football Stroud played was with a power player next to him and NO ONE should confuse Kyle Williams as that kind of player!!

To move up for anyone to be a "John Henderson" next to Stroud would be idiotic and I would lose what little faith I have left in the F.O. Don't get me wrong, to have a beast pairing like that in Buffalo would be great, but we don't need run stoppers, we need pass rushers. There is no reason to replace solid DT's, one of the few needs we don't have, with a rookie that early when other needs are so glaring it hurts. Have you watched Kyle Williams play? There's a reason that he's the starter. Spencer played well last year too.

yordad
03-31-2009, 04:33 PM
To move up for anyone to be a "John Henderson" next to Stroud would be idiotic and I would lose what little faith I have left in the F.O. Don't get me wrong, to have a beast pairing like that in Buffalo would be great, but we don't need run stoppers, we need pass rushers. There is no reason to replace solid DT's, one of the few needs we don't have, with a rookie that early when other needs are so glaring it hurts. Have you watched Kyle Williams play? There's a reason that he's the starter. Spencer played well last year too.I am inclined to agree. Williams did alright. He was amongst the tops in the league for tackles for a DT in the 4-3. This might have been partially due to being next to Stroud, but he isn't the weakest link, and may still improve, or at least become more consistent. Not to mention, he was extended last year.

Jeff1220
03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
:bling:

they moved it up to 2004 for JP Losman. :flush:

That wasn't their first pick - they used #13 for Evans.

SABURZFAN
03-31-2009, 10:17 PM
That wasn't their first pick - they used #13 for Evans.

which is why i said 2005.