PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are totally blowing it...time to pick a side.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 01:09 PM
We have been rebuilding for 4 years now. It's a joke. So instead of having two sides of the ball that are mediocre at least pick a side and make it dominate.

Believe it or not I think the offense is closer to being the side to load up on and here's why:

1) Lynch and Jackson - as good as any running duo in the league right now.

2) Edwards - 3rd year veteran with size and smarts. Should be his break out season if healthy and protected.

3) Owens, Evans and Reed - Owens takes enough pressure off Evans and Reed to turn them into play makers.

4) Emergence of Johnson as credible #4 WR.

I'm not sure why you don't finish the job and get a TE and LG and make this side of the ball your strength? Your 2 players away from potentially fielding a very good offense.

yordad
03-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Might as well throw in the forgotten 11th position (FB) for good measure. It would be fun to watch. But, a pass rush would win more games then a rookie TE upgrade.

Mitchell55
03-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Forgot about hardy

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Might as well throw in the forgotten 11th position (FB) for good measure. It would be fun to watch. But, a pass rush would win more games then a rookie TE upgrade.

For two years I've been saying DEs but they don't exist in FA or in this year's draft for the schemes we run.

I also believe that the Bills are content with Schobel and Kelsay.

venis2k1
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Seeing how much the Tampa 2 sucks as a scheme, id like to see the offense. However, everything on the offense revolves around the development of TE.

yordad
03-31-2009, 01:48 PM
For two years I've been saying DEs but they don't exist in FA or in this year's draft for the schemes we run.

I also believe that the Bills are content with Schobel and Kelsay.Are you content with Schobel and Kelsay? Because this is your thread.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Are you content with Schobel and Kelsay? Because this is your thread.

I think DE has been the highest priority since the end of the 2007 season. I got criticized alot for posting this last year before the draft because we still had a Schobel lovefest around here.

But the reality is that I don't see anyone in this year's draft that I would call a slam dunk at the DE position so rather than throw a body pick in there lets get the players that might get us over the hump on at least one side of the ball.

Pinkerton Security
03-31-2009, 02:17 PM
I think DE has been the highest priority since the end of the 2007 season. I got criticized alot for posting this last year before the draft because we still had a Schobel lovefest around here.

But the reality is that I don't see anyone in this year's draft that I would call a slam dunk at the DE position so rather than throw a body pick in there lets get the players that might get us over the hump on at least one side of the ball.

your reasoning is fine, and i almost agree with you, but the only slam dunk players to come out of the draft have been guys like Peyton, AP, Calvin Johnson, etc, and there were plenty of "slam dunk" guys who ended up sucking some major you-know-what.

I just feel that if we never take a shot on a top DE prospect, then theres slim chances we'll ever improve our pass rush.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 02:25 PM
your reasoning is fine, and i almost agree with you, but the only slam dunk players to come out of the draft have been guys like Peyton, AP, Calvin Johnson, etc, and there were plenty of "slam dunk" guys who ended up sucking some major you-know-what.

I just feel that if we never take a shot on a top DE prospect, then theres slim chances we'll ever improve our pass rush.

You might be right. I'm just saying that after 4 years I'd like to see at least one side of the ball actually play like a winner.

I see two holes on the offense.

There are at least 4-5 holes on the defense.

Michael82
03-31-2009, 02:28 PM

For now...it all depends on if the greedy bastard Peters decides to be a team player and show up for camp and whether or not he's willing to lower his demands to help the team.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
For now...it all depends on if the greedy bastard Peters decides to be a team player and show up for camp and whether or not he's willing to lower his demands to help the team.

I'm assuming that Peters is staying and I'd be really surprised if a deal didn't get done.

A trade would be detrimental to this team.

OpIv37
03-31-2009, 03:28 PM
I also believe that the Bills are content with Schobel and Kelsay.

I seriously hope you're dead wrong about this, because if the FO is happy with those two assclowns and their lack of production, they're far worse than I thought.

jamze132
03-31-2009, 03:44 PM
You might be right. I'm just saying that after 4 years I'd like to see at least one side of the ball actually play like a winner.

There are at least 4-5 holes on the defense.

You only see two holes on the offense? I see at least 5...

1. Our QB hasn't proven **** yet
2. Who is our LG?
3. Who is our C? A backup from Carolina?
4. Butler at RG can't stay healthy.
5. I like Walker at RT but what happens if Peters is traded?
6. FB?
7. Who's playing TE?

I think we are just fine at RB and WR now that TO is temporarily on board. It should at least alleviate some pressure off of Evans.

You only see 4-5 holes on defense? :rofl:

1. Where do I start?
2a. DE
2b. DE
3. DT (minus and aging Stroud)
4. All the LB spots.
5. Mckelvin is going into his second year.
6. McGee has serious brain farts.
7. Fewell.

I think it's is fairly obvious that our defense needs more attention than the offense but regardless, the FO has ****ed this team for the foreseeable future.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 03:54 PM
You only see two holes on the offense? I see at least 5...

1. Our QB hasn't proven **** yet
2. Who is our LG?
3. Who is our C? A backup from Carolina?
4. Butler at RG can't stay healthy.
5. I like Walker at RT but what happens if Peters is traded?
6. FB?
7. Who's playing TE?

I think we are just fine at RB and WR now that TO is temporarily on board. It should at least alleviate some pressure off of Evans.

You only see 4-5 holes on defense? :rofl:

1. Where do I start?
2a. DE
2b. DE
3. DT (minus and aging Stroud)
4. All the LB spots.
5. Mckelvin is going into his second year.
6. McGee has serious brain farts.
7. Fewell.

I think it's is fairly obvious that our defense needs more attention than the offense but regardless, the FO has ****ed this team for the foreseeable future.

I see the two holes being LG and TE and that is what I was reffering to.

On D I agree that we need 2 DEs, 2 LBs, and probably an upgrade at either FS or SS.

ServoBillieves
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm content with a healthy Schobel and a Denney/Kelsay rotation. Also, Hargrove was reinstated, does that make him a Bill or a free agent? The guy had pass rushing moves and was fun to watch. But read the fine print. CONTENT, not happy. It's definitley something that needs to be addressed, but it's not a hole.

I don't see a LG move anytime soon, so it's either a rookie or we put Bell/Chambers there (which, in all honesty, I'd be content, not happy but content, with Chambers). TE isn't fixable til the draft, and the FB position can just as easily switch to a Schouman/Fine situation at any time, which I like.

And what the ever living **** is wrong with people thinking that we have trouble in the secondary and at LB? Yes, we do need another starting LB, but that's probably the next FA move or a first/second round pick. But Poz and Kawika aren't good enough otherwise? Plus, DiGiorgio and Ellison are proven backups who can step up when needed, and we haven't seen what Alvin Bowen can do in game time yet. Remember, there was a lot of buzz about him in OTA's last year. Donte needs to step up, I love the depth at FS, and our corners are solid.

Go ahead and tear it apart, but I'm sticking to this til next season.

dplus47
03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
1) Lynch and Jackson - as good as any running duo in the league right now.

i don't think anything you said was particularly off except this. i'm not saying lynch and jackson are no good, but there are a few duos where these two aren't even in the conversation, IMO.

just to prove i'm not trying to bash the bills, i've included another duo i wouldn't say is as "good as any." guess which two duos don't belong?

lynch-jackson. buffalo. 4.1 and 4.4 ypc. 11 combined TD's.

brown-williams. miami. 4.3 and 4.1 ypc. 14 combined TD's.

williams-stewart. carolina. 5.5 and 4.5 ypc and 28 combined TD's.

jacobs-bradshaw. ny giants. both over 5 ypc. 16 combined TD's. granted, bradshaw was #3, but everyone on the giants got more than 5 ypc.

johnson-white. tennessee. 4.9 and 3.9 ypc with 24 combined TD's. and i'm not a big fan of lendale white, but still...

buffalo has a solid pair of running backs. not spectacular. 14th in the league in rushing solid. 14th in yards, 14th in yards per carry. 11th in TD's.

yordad
03-31-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm content with a healthy Schobel and a Denney/Kelsay rotation. Also, Hargrove was reinstated, does that make him a Bill or a free agent? He is a FA, and still in a lot of trouble.

yordad
03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Giant headache- Peters
Giant hole- LG, DE, LB, TE
Big hole- DE, FB
under-talented- S, DT

There is alot of work to be done.

dplus47
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
if you stick to the premise that the O is the way to go, they'd better get a center, a couple of guards, and a tackle in this draft. they need starters on the interior OL and depth, of course.

IMO, the bills need to get better on both lines, OL and DL. i know that's not "picking a side," but you need to get pressure on the QB and you need to be able to protect your QB and run the ball.

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm content with a healthy Schobel and a Denney/Kelsay rotation. Also, Hargrove was reinstated, does that make him a Bill or a free agent? The guy had pass rushing moves and was fun to watch. But read the fine print. CONTENT, not happy. It's definitley something that needs to be addressed, but it's not a hole.

I don't see a LG move anytime soon, so it's either a rookie or we put Bell/Chambers there (which, in all honesty, I'd be content, not happy but content, with Chambers). TE isn't fixable til the draft, and the FB position can just as easily switch to a Schouman/Fine situation at any time, which I like.

And what the ever living **** is wrong with people thinking that we have trouble in the secondary and at LB? Yes, we do need another starting LB, but that's probably the next FA move or a first/second round pick. But Poz and Kawika aren't good enough otherwise? Plus, DiGiorgio and Ellison are proven backups who can step up when needed, and we haven't seen what Alvin Bowen can do in game time yet. Remember, there was a lot of buzz about him in OTA's last year. Donte needs to step up, I love the depth at FS, and our corners are solid.

Go ahead and tear it apart, but I'm sticking to this til next season.

Well based on this post the Bills are in good shape. So you must be content, not happy, with 7-9.:str8face:

yordad
03-31-2009, 05:16 PM
i don't think anything you said was particularly off except this. i'm not saying lynch and jackson are no good, but there are a few duos where these two aren't even in the conversation, IMO.

just to prove i'm not trying to bash the bills, i've included another duo i wouldn't say is as "good as any." guess which two duos don't belong?

lynch-jackson. buffalo. 4.1 and 4.4 ypc. 11 combined TD's.

brown-williams. miami. 4.3 and 4.1 ypc. 14 combined TD's.

williams-stewart. carolina. 5.5 and 4.5 ypc and 28 combined TD's.

jacobs-bradshaw. ny giants. both over 5 ypc. 16 combined TD's. granted, bradshaw was #3, but everyone on the giants got more than 5 ypc.

johnson-white. tennessee. 4.9 and 3.9 ypc with 24 combined TD's. and i'm not a big fan of lendale white, but still...

buffalo has a solid pair of running backs. not spectacular. 14th in the league in rushing solid. 14th in yards, 14th in yards per carry. 11th in TD's.Look at how hard each runs. Look how many yards are after contact. Look how often aren't taken down by first contact.

Our 2 RBs are straight studs. They are as good as any, IMO. The problem is they get hit in the backfield every time.

I'll give you a number....1.5. That is how many players we kept from the interior of the line last year (of those that saw playing time). Butler, and of course Chambers played a game or two. Everyone else we let walk, or cut.