PDA

View Full Version : The slickster is swindling us again!

X-Era
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Here goes Russ and his classic marketing job:

Said Bills G.M. Russ Brandon, “We didn’t take the next step last year in terms of wins (http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/624259.html), but we took steps in other areas that will put us [in position] to hopefully take another step in the win column.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/624259.html

Its classic...

yordad
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Well this is good news

Brandon indicated that the team needs depth at all positions, but a pass-rushing defensive end, outside linebacker, tight end and left guard are specific needs.At least now we know they realize it.

yordad
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't like this though..

"The playoffs are our mission."
One would think it would be a Super Bowl win. :idunno:

T-Long
03-31-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't like this though..

One would think it would be a Super Bowl win. :idunno:
One step at a time!

OpIv37
03-31-2009, 07:04 PM
One step at a time!

let's start by winning a division game. Then we can talk about playoffs.

yordad
03-31-2009, 07:12 PM
let's start by winning a division game. Then we can talk about playoffs.Heck as it is, I don't think either is likely, but if your gonna set your sites....

HHURRICANE
03-31-2009, 07:52 PM
I love it. It's a must win situation for Jauron but so far the FO has done nothing to help him get there.

X-Era
04-01-2009, 06:11 AM
I love it. It's a must win situation for Jauron but so far the FO has done nothing to help him get there.
Wait, Ralphy doesnt think our talent is good enough.... :funny:

But weve done so much to fix it so far.

SABURZFAN
04-01-2009, 06:45 AM
let's start by winning a division game. Then we can talk about playoffs.

playoffs? what is that? :idunno:

Dujek
04-01-2009, 06:49 AM
playoffs? what is that? :idunno:

Apparently it's football that happens in January. I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

SABURZFAN
04-01-2009, 06:53 AM
Apparently it's football that happens in January. I wasn't aware such a thing existed.

oh yeah.... i've only been celebrating my birthday and getting the golf clubs ready in January for the last decade. :ill:

Jan Reimers
04-01-2009, 07:51 AM
"We took steps. . . to take another step. . ."

I'm sick of all of these steps that lead us nowhere.

OpIv37
04-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Send that quote to Karl Rove- maybe he'll offer Brandon a job and we can get him out of Buffalo.

Jan Reimers
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Send that quote to Karl Rove- maybe he'll offer Brandon a job and we can get him out of Buffalo.
Hell, send it to Obama. Brandon could be the new Secretary of the Treasury, and tell us less than Timothy Geithner. Oh wait, Brandon's probably not a tax cheat, so he'd be ineligible for a high level Cabinet position.

SABURZFAN
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM

look on the bright side, you weren't alone when we were out in the middle of nowhere. :beers:

Jeff1220
04-01-2009, 09:33 AM
oh yeah.... i've only been celebrating my birthday and getting the golf clubs ready in January for the last decade. :ill:

I realize how long it's been since the Bills were in the playoffs...but it just occurred to me that my boys - 6 and almost 9 - have never seen a Bills playoff game. That's just not fair. Now I'm really mad.

Pride
04-01-2009, 09:56 AM

The Buffalo Bills Organization Quality Improvement Plan
http://www.globalgallery.com/prod_images/esc-e6.jpg

X-Era
04-01-2009, 09:57 AM
The Buffalo Bills Organization Quality Improvement Plan
http://www.globalgallery.com/prod_images/esc-e6.jpg

This might just be the most accurate post I have ever seen!

:clap:

justasportsfan
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
"His unparalleled work ethic, being one of the premier playmakers and bringing that competitive nature to the team, that's what we're looking forward to," Brandon said. "Our focus is on winning games. The guy has been ultra-productive and has been a tremendous talent. To add that kind of player to our team is exciting for everyone in Bills Nation."

Translation: "bringing in TO hides all my screw-ups. People will forget that we're 0-6 in the division, 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons and still buy tickets because I brought in TO. Hell, even some bills fans are okay with rebuilding all over again. Thats what I learned from Tom Donahoe. TO is my Drew Bledsoe".

Jeff1220
04-01-2009, 10:34 AM
"His unparalleled work ethic, being one of the premier playmakers and bringing that competitive nature to the team, that's what we're looking forward to," Brandon said. "Our focus is on winning games. The guy has been ultra-productive and has been a tremendous talent. To add that kind of player to our team is exciting for everyone in Bills Nation."

Translation: "bringing in TO hides all my screw-ups. People will forget that we're 0-6 in the division, 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons and still buy tickets because I brought in TO. Hell, even some bills fans are okay with rebuilding all over again. Thats what I learned from Tom Donahoe. TO is my Drew Bledsoe".

Except I think TD really thought Drew would help - many people did (and he did for about 8 games that year, with a playoff spot riding on game 16).
It seems that they(Brandon and cronies) know how bad this team is/has been/will be but grabbed TO for the jersey and ticket sales, especially from their Canadian fanbase.

OpIv37
04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Except I think TD really thought Drew would help - many people did (and he did for about 8 games that year, with a playoff spot riding on game 16).
It seems that they(Brandon and cronies) know how bad this team is/has been/will be but grabbed TO for the jersey and ticket sales, especially from their Canadian fanbase.

Bledsoe MIGHT have helped if a) he had an OL and b) Kevin Gilbride wasn't a complete moron.

Don't get me wrong- Bledsoe made his own mistakes as well. But at that time, the D and ST were good and the rest of the offense was at least passable- I think if we had an OL and some better play calling, we could have gotten by despite Bledsoe's faults.

I'm not sure if Brandon thinks TO will help or not- but he is a marketing guy, so there is no doubt that he sees the sales potential, if not the football potential. But this does wreak of Donahoe and Bledsoe- get a big name to win over the fans but fail to give him the tools he needs to succeed.

justasportsfan
04-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Bledsoe was a temporary fix just like TO is. TD wasn't gonna sell as much tickets with Robosack or AVP at qb.

bigbub2352
04-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Brandon is here to sell tickets nothing else

venis2k1
04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
winning is a great way to sell tickets.

OpIv37
04-01-2009, 11:29 AM
winning is a great way to sell tickets.

Well, we're trying to win on the football field but the guy making the decisions has a marketing background. We can't draft and we don't make good FA decisions. And our coach has no spine and a losing record in the NFL. So, winning's not really an option at this point- it's all about marketing.