PDA

View Full Version : Preston takes shot at Bills....

sauce
03-31-2009, 08:39 PM
lol someone needs to tell this douchebag he sucks and while he is "grasping" for a team to play for in the NFL...Jason Brown who was drafted after him is one of the highest paid OL in the NFL

I think Preston is bitter that he sucks

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...raws/#comments (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/31/preston-says-bills-are-grasping-at-straws/#comments)

Preston Says Bills Are “Grasping At Straws”
Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 8:24 p.m. EDT
Former Bills center Duke Preston recently has signed with the Packers.

And Preston wasn’t bashful with his views regarding his former team.

He told Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show on Tuesday that the Bills “might be grasping at straws.”

Though Preston didn’t specifically mention the arrival of receiver Terrell Owens, it wouldn’t take a genius to make that connection.

Preston also seems to be happy about joining a team that, relatively speaking, is more competitive in its division.

“If you look at my four years in Buffalo, we only beat New England one time,” Preston said. “Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak. So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

Apparently, Preston didn’t notice that the Bills finished the season at 7-9 in a top-heavy division, and that the Packers were 6-10 in the woeful NFC North, which featured two eight-foot-rim layups against the Lions.

yordad
03-31-2009, 08:44 PM
lol someone needs to tell this douchebag he sucks and while he is "grasping" for a team to play for in the NFL...Jason Brown who was drafted after him is one of the highest paid OL in the NFL

I think Preston is bitter that he sucks

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...raws/#comments (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/31/preston-says-bills-are-grasping-at-straws/#comments)

Preston Says Bills Are “Grasping At Straws”
Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 8:24 p.m. EDT
Former Bills center Duke Preston recently has signed with the Packers.

And Preston wasn’t bashful with his views regarding his former team.

He told Sporting News Radio’s The Monty Show on Tuesday that the Bills “might be grasping at straws.”

Though Preston didn’t specifically mention the arrival of receiver Terrell Owens, it wouldn’t take a genius to make that connection.

Preston also seems to be happy about joining a team that, relatively speaking, is more competitive in its division.

“If you look at my four years in Buffalo, we only beat New England one time,” Preston said. “Green Bay has kind of historically been at the top of its division, almost the New England Patriots so to speak. So to go another team and another division that kind of is on the upper tier of it instead of trying to claw their way into the upper tier is a cool opportunity.”

Apparently, Preston didn’t notice that the Bills finished the season at 7-9 in a top-heavy division, and that the Packers were 6-10 in the woeful NFC North, which featured two eight-foot-rim layups against the Lions.Is Preston their starter?

justasportsfan
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Is he wrong? Think about it. We're still rebuilding after 3 years after getting our arses handed to us by a rebuilding fins team. We don't even have an OL yet after 3 years. Our qb is a questionmark and our starting rb might be suspended for stupidity. We're depending on a headcase to make everyone around him better and make something happen for this season and then he's out of here.

Kenny
03-31-2009, 08:53 PM
I like it. Hopefully it'll light a fire for the rest of the Bills players... The lack of toughness on the Bills squad is just pathetic

Commissioner
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I know Preston is an idiot... just by his bone headed play before half time this year....

But someone should inform him that we never beat the Patriots "his 4 years here".... he obviously never had his head in the game.

raphael120
03-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Which is why i dont mind TO being here. If we suck, I want him to blow up because i know i'd want him to blow up if people are being idiots in the organization.

Raptor
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
hahaha Preston isnt even a lock to make there roster

and yea he really moved up in the world to the team drafting two spots ahead of us

yordad
03-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Well, he wasn't offered a contract because he is stupid, so I wouldn't expect anything more out of him.

SABURZFAN
03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
consider the source. if there's anybody grasping for straw, it's the Green Bay Packers for signing Preston.

venis2k1
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
maybe the reason we cant win in our division is because our Center gets manhandled on a regular basis...not to mention taking points off the board in a close game because of a ****** penalty.

jamze132
04-01-2009, 12:34 AM
"Duke" needs to worry about that DT staring him dead in the eye rather than how crappy the Bills are. He absolutely sucked.

billogic99
04-01-2009, 01:26 AM
I don't think what he said was a shot at the Bills, I think he was speaking honestly. Most of us here feel the same way, why is it so hard to hear from a player no longer on the roster?

If we were winning the division every year and we were constantly in the playoffs and he made a statement suggesting the Bills are tops in their division and we were ready to be a SB contender would anyone complain? I don't think so, his comments were no different. The only difference is that kinda truth we don't want to hear.

Night Train
04-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Preston isn't exactly wrong in stating the Bills are grasping at straws with the Owens signing and then waiting until the draft to fill multiple holes.

Then again, his lousy play created one of the holes we must fill.

SABURZFAN
04-01-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't think what he said was a shot at the Bills, I think he was speaking honestly. Most of us here feel the same way, why is it so hard to hear from a player no longer on the roster?

it isn't hard at all. if he were somebody who was one of the better players, that's one thing. he wasn't one of the better players on the roster which is why he's in Green Bay. when he becomes a player who dominates at his position, then he can run his mouth.

soapman
04-01-2009, 07:20 AM
His poor play was part of the reason we haven't gotten better. There's a reason he wasn't resigned. Later douche...

Jan Reimers
04-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Preston stinks, but the truth still hurts, regardless of the source.

trapezeus
04-01-2009, 08:20 AM
i take this as good news. usually when a player references last year as why he has a better shot at winning in the future, that team he left usually gets better and the team he joined struggles and "no one saw it coming."

There is no actual evidence that that can happen for the bills, but we can dream, can't we?

madness
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Not one single person is questioning anything he said about the Bills but thanks to those of you that feel the need to validate the crap we already know.

sauce's point is that Preston is a fool if he thinks he moved on to far 'Green'er pastures.

The Spaz
04-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Duke you sucked ass. You think the Bills are bad well the Pack went 6-10 last year. Suck on that you never was.

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2009, 08:48 AM
consider the source. if there's anybody grasping for straw, it's the Green Bay Packers for signing Preston.
:rofl: :goodpost:

bigbub2352
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
News Flash Duke i hope ur golf game is better than how u play any of the OLine positions cause you were a turn style and got lucky we have such a lame duck Front OFFice cause your ass shouldnt have even made the roster last yr
You are weak and horrible at pass blocking have fun stinking it up in GB and that bad ass division, remember your moron antics cost us a possible NE win
so glad he is someone else's problem now

billsfanone
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Preston is right though.

ddaryl
04-01-2009, 09:46 AM
unfortunately he is correct even though he is part of the problem with our talent evaluators thinking he was worth drafting.

The Bills are grasping at straws and it was obvious when we went into FA and came away with T.O. and more holes then when we started FA

justasportsfan
04-01-2009, 09:50 AM
People say he's smart . Obviously his body can't do what his brains tell him to do but he isn't saying anything different than what Pat Williams said when we decided to let him go.

THATHURMANATOR
04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
This might sting a little if the guy had any talent but coming from this disgusting fat body it means NOTHING.

HHURRICANE
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM
The irony is that this douche bag was the biggest contributor to us losing against NE in the last game of the year.

That might be the funniset thing i've ever read.

Oaf
04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
It's not like Preston did a single thing to a improve a "bottom feeder team". He actually made it worse. Doesn't that say a lot Duke?

Romes
04-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Preston says he's been taken out of context.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/02/preston-sets-record-straight/

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Preston says he's been taken out of context.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/02/preston-sets-record-straight/

He basically confirmed everything he said. Not sure why Chris Brown is trying to spin it into a positive.

He said we were grasping at straws and stood by the comment. I'm pretty sure that's a parting shot.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 08:18 AM
the truth hurts.

We were grasping straws but Dick is now gasping for air to stay alive.

madness
04-02-2009, 10:38 AM
the truth hurts.

We were grasping straws but Dick is now gasping for air to stay alive.

Now everyone can start backpedalling and calling Preston an idiot because he was referring to this franchise not being able to keep continuity by firing coaching staffs and keeping Jauron was the right thing to do.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:40 AM
Now everyone can start backpedalling and calling Preston an idiot because he was referring to this franchise not being able to keep continuity by firing coaching staffs and keeping Jauron was the right thing to do.
I don't have that much of a problem with Jauron than his stupidty when it comes to picking OC's . I haven't heard anyone say they're happy they are keeping Turk yet.

madness
04-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't have that much of a problem with Jauron than his stupidty when it comes to picking OC's . I haven't heard anyone say they're happy they are keeping Turk yet.

I'm not happy about keeping him but I think it's reasonable to say the jury is still out. Hardly any first time OC's get fired after their first year but just like Jauron and the rest of the staff, it's basically do or die and there are no excuses.

If we don't win this year, the we go through another staff and it's going to be that much harder to bring in top talent let alone convincing the talent we already have to resign.

yordad
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Preston is grasping at a roster spot. I was hoping he would get cut at halftime of the Pats game. See ya.