X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigGabes23
    • Mar 2006

ESPN Radio - Bills "make most sense" In a Cutler Trade

OK..... This will never happen, but Colin Cowherd is talking about potential teams that Denver would be willing to trade with, and they keep coming back to the Bills. They have a young talented QB and players and picks they could give up. It does make the most sense, as most teams mentioned (like the Jets and Bucs) have no QBs to send back to Denver. I live in Cleveland and I can tell you there is no way a deal including Brady Quinn will happen. What do you think of:

Trent Edwards and Poz

for

Jay Cutler and a 3rd rond pick?

I take Maualuga with the 11th pick. He will shoot up the board again after his pro day.

What do you think?
  • Dujek
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2008

Re: ESPN Radio - Bills "make most sense" In a Cutler Trade

No way.

That's the thing, the Bills are a good fit for a trade from Denver's point of view, because they get a young smart QB who will flourish under McDaniels, but it's a ****ty deal for the Bills, who would be getting an emotional big girl of a QB with very little commone sense and would end up with a gutted LB corps.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

If McDaniels thinks Trent is the best qb(rookies included) out there that could be had via a trade, then Trents value is more than what we think he is desptie where we drafted him.

Trents got so much potential even more than Cassel with the right coach and I think McDaniels is the one who has the ability to bring out the best in Trent.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• homeslice5484
        • Jul 2008

id take cutler over edwards any day...how is edwards gonna get the ball deep to TO? Remember Cleveland?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Can Culter play in the snow? I'm still not sold on Edwards in the cold.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• clumping platelets

Edwards and our 2nd for Cutler and Scheffler

Comment

• homeslice5484
              • Jul 2008

weather is another factor....edwards has far too many question marks to not make the trade if it is possible. That MNF game against Cleveland still bothers me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Having Cutler and TO (or Trent and TO, for that matter) is irrelevant if we can't protect the QB long enough to deliver the ball.

Trading for Cutler and signing TO while ignoring the trenches is very Donahoe-esque. In fact, I seem to remember TD trading a first round draft pick for an immobile QB without ever giving him an OL.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• homeslice5484
                  • Jul 2008

i agree about the oline....but i still question edwards ability to get the ball to TO, especially deep. Last years Cleveland game, Edwards refused to throw deep even though it was open the entire second half. Receivers were jumping down the field waving their arms for the ball and he wouldn't throw it. Plus him playing in the cold and snow is still a big question. This is a must win year for Jauron, him, and this team....if you can get Cutler you do it. This is about winning, not hurting a players feelings. Trent should have been pulled against Cleveland when he refused to throw the ball deep when it was wide open.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Having Cutler and TO (or Trent and TO, for that matter) is irrelevant if we can't protect the QB long enough to deliver the ball.

Trading for Cutler and signing TO while ignoring the trenches is very Donahoe-esque. In fact, I seem to remember TD trading a first round draft pick for an immobile QB without ever giving him an OL.
                    Meh. Seems to me some posters here think reshuffling our OL around can solve that problem even though they are unproven with an unproven coaching staff .
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 04-01-2009, 10:22 AM.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

O LINE PEOPLE! O LINE!

Our OL will be fine.

Im indifferent on keeping or trading Edwards. If they trade him its because they dont feel he has the tools to succeed in Buffalo.

If they keep him they feel he can improve on those things and im fine with that too.

Either way we should be fine at QB. Cutler has already proven that he has an elite arm and I like Edwards demeanor.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                        Our OL will be fine.

Im indifferent on keeping or trading Edwards. If they trade him its because they dont feel he has the tools to succeed in Buffalo.

If they keep him they feel he can improve on those things and im fine with that too.

Either way we should be fine at QB. Cutler has already proven that he has an elite arm and I like Edwards demeanor.
                        In what universe will our OL be fine? Butler is mediocre, Hangartner has never been a named starter, our LG is- well, we don't have a LG, and our only depth is Chambers.

I agree on Edwards- I'm indifferent as well. I'm not entirely ready to give up on him, but I do see Cutler as an upgrade.
                        Last edited by OpIv37; 04-01-2009, 10:25 AM.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dujek
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Meh. Seems to me some posters here think reshuffling our OL around can solve that problem even though they are unproven with an unproven coaching staff .
                          The problem is that seems to be the line that the Bills FO are feeding everyone too. Our o-line is a mess, and if the FO thinks they have our 5 starters for next year already on the roster then whoever's under center is in for a rough year.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

In what universe will our OL be fine? Butler is mediocre, Hangartner has never been a named starter, our LG is- well, we don't have a LG, and our only depth is Chambers.

I agree on Edwards- I'm indifferent as well. I'm not entirely ready to give up on him, but I do see Cutler as an upgrade.
                            I watched Hangartner play a bit last year on NFL rewind. He looked solid, real solid. Especially the game where the Panthers ripped the Giants for 200 yards on the ground.

Butler is better than most think. We were actually more successful running to the right than to the left last year.

For me, a line of

Peters- Antoine Caldwell/Luigs/Wood- Hangartner - Butler - Walker

is better than what we had last year.

Comment

• bflobarry
                              • Jan 2004

It's funny how the Trent haters always zero in on the Cleveland game. Yes, he played very poorly, starting w/ his first pass, which was tipped, then intercepted. He then wilted under the VERY bright lights of a national TV audience and a stadium of screaming fans. The guy is 22 yrs old, and had the worst day of his career that day. OK, we got it. Now, how about the Jax game (4th qtr comeback), Raiders, ditto, or Denver, ditto? He's got a winning record as a starter on a mediocre team. How about we support our QB, instead of crucifying him after 23 starts? And, BTW, how would any of US like to have our worst day ever at our job televised on MNF? Let he who lives in a glass house....I think the kid's a winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X