PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Rumor - Cutler Traded To San Fran

Night Train
04-01-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.denverexaminer.problitz.c...ler-Trade.html (http://www.denverexaminer.problitz.c...ler-Trade.html)

If it's not a joke, it's waaaaaaay too much for him.

SquishDaFish
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
too bad that link isnt real lol

Night Train
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Broncos have deal in place to send Cutler to San Francisco
The Broncos will acquire three draft picks and quarterback Alex Smith in the deal
By Matt Baubo - print article
Published: April 1, 2009
<SPACER type="block" height="1">
The Denver Broncos have the framework of a deal in place to trade disgruntled starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the 49ers, a source close to the team reports. The 49ers will reportedly send their first and third round pick in this year's draft (10th and 74th overall), their second round pick in the 2010 draft, aging safety Mark Roman, and former first overall pick Alex Smith.

http://www.denverexaminer.problitz.com/sports/broncos/cutler_jay.gif
<CENTER>Denver's Jay Cutler (AP)</CENTER>

Talks accelerated after Bronco's CEO and team president announced the club was willing to trade Cutler after trying and failing to contact the young signal caller for 10 days. Sources report that the 49ers were the most aggressive in their offer to secure the young quarterback's services.

This is the end of a long saga for McDaniels, who seemed unable to repair a relationship with his new quarterback after news of a potential trade leaked. Cutler asked to be traded in early March amid rumors that new coach Josh McDaniels looked into trading Cutler for Matt Cassel, McDaniel's former starting quarterback in New England.

McDaniel's first attempt at repairing the relationship failed, with Cutler telling ESPN, "[McDaniels] admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it."

Recently, Cutler forfeited over $100,000 in bonus money by missing more than 10% of his team's offseason program driving the wedge further between himself and the organization. The move comes before Cutler was able to embarrass the Bronco's organization further by missing the April 17th-19th minicamp.

The deal is contingent Smith passing a physical. Smith's shoulder has been an issue since he separated his shoulder in 2007. A bone chip in his shoulder forced him to injured reserve for the duration of the 2008 season.

The move also reunites Smith with former head coach Mike Nolan, who is the defensive coordinator for the Broncos. Smith and Nolan often had a frosty relationship after Nolan made Smith the first overall pick in the 2005 draft.

The 49ers now have the starting quarterback they seemed to be grasping for since 2003. Their aggressive approach to signing Kurt Warner indicated that the 49ers would not let another offseason pass without securing a successful starting NFL quarterback.

Ed
04-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Perfect. He's not a Jet and out of the AFC. Plus, this makes the Broncos worse in the short term. We'll have to see how those draft picks turn out.

Ed
04-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh, and we can stop talking about Cutler coming to Buffalo.

Night Train
04-01-2009, 04:42 PM
It could be fake but I decided to let you folks read it , for what it's worth.

T-Long
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
If this were true, why would they need Alex Smith? They will probably be able to land Mark Sanchez with pick #10

Yasgur's Farm
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
No other source is reporting this.... KFFL, ESPN. NFL.com

The link no longer works.

FlyingDutchman
04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
dude I think its an April fools joke. I saw that somewhere else and it was a joke. I dont believe a damn thing that i hear today

Ed
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
It definitely seems way too quick to make a deal like that, but it would have been nice. I don't want him going to the Jets.

venis2k1
04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
:spam:

BillsWin
04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Its an April Fools joke people.

BillsWin
04-01-2009, 05:10 PM
The Broncos wouldn't want Alex Smith, the guy is garbage.

DynaPaul
04-01-2009, 05:15 PM
April Fools joke or not it would make sense. The 49ers would get a real QB and be done with the failed Alex Smith experiment.

HAMMER
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Maroons!

JerryRice
04-02-2009, 12:27 AM
The Broncos wouldn't want Alex Smith, the guy is garbage.

I agree.