PDA

View Full Version : That's all, folks.....

OpIv37
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Well, if we get swept by ****ing Atlanta, we have no business being in the playoffs in the first place.

This franchise is as bad as the Bills.

Nighthawk
04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
Well, if we get swept by ****ing Atlanta, we have no business being in the playoffs in the first place.

This franchise is as bad as the Bills.

This organization is pretty pathetic and I've been saying it for years. Maybe this will finally wake up the morons running this team and they'll finally realize that these players aren't good enough.

Swept by the Thrashers...what a joke!

LtFinFan66
04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
the Pens are laying it on the Devils....6 different guys have scored. The Sabres seem to be like jekyll and hyde lately

Nighthawk
04-01-2009, 08:59 PM
the Pens are laying it on the Devils....6 different guys have scored. The Sabres seem to be like jekyll and hyde lately

Nah, they just suck...and they've done that consistently for the past 2 years.

rbochan
04-01-2009, 09:05 PM
fml

OpIv37
04-01-2009, 09:24 PM
This organization is pretty pathetic and I've been saying it for years. Maybe this will finally wake up the morons running this team and they'll finally realize that these players aren't good enough.

wishful thinking- what they're going to do is use the Miller/Vanek injuries as an excuse and say "if we were healthy we would have made the playoffs." Then they don't have to do anything in the off-season and it's the same **** again next year.

SabreEleven
04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
This team played pretty much this whole game like a non-playoff team...they were lucky to get the one point they did get. So much for that passion. **** them.

I'm glad I'm not one of those idiots who got all excited over 3 wins.

chernobylwraiths
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
But the Sabres are SOOOOOOOOO close.

SabreEleven
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
So close to finish last in the division...

SkateZilla
04-02-2009, 04:20 AM
I Hope FLA Boots Montreal out of the playoffs, that way our entire division gets a wake up call, cuz Boston Ran away with this one.

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2009, 06:35 AM
So close to finish last in the division...

If it wasn't for that three game winning streak, we could be behind Toronto and Ottawa by now!

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2009, 07:17 AM
If it wasn't for that three game winning streak, we could be behind Toronto and Ottawa by now!

What a wise thing to say.....

Jan Reimers
04-02-2009, 07:39 AM
The good news is, we have several months until our other favorite team kicks us in the nuts.

SabreEleven
04-02-2009, 08:33 AM
I Hope FLA Boots Montreal out of the playoffs, that way our entire division gets a wake up call, cuz Boston Ran away with this one.

Yea, that's what I'm worried about, the division and the other teams in it :rolleyes:

SabreEleven
04-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Vanek made just a HORRIBLE play on the OT goal. He had two guys going towards the net and instead of throwing it towards the net, he circles around trying to make an All-Star attempt at a play instead making the simple play. I don't blame him for the lost because a lot of other guys didn't man up but I blame him for that goal.

mchurchfie
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I watched that game last night and how they were outplayed, outhustled, and slapped around like boys against men and it was just so clear that this roster just isn't good enough for any kind of PO run. I don't fault these guys anymore for their effort, they just plain aren't good enough to get the job done. They showed the last SO win that we had against Atlanta and the two guys that won it for us were Briere and Kotalick...nuff said.:ill: Regier needs to be let go, he is too in love with this current roster.

don137
04-02-2009, 10:21 AM
The sad part is I do not see Darcy as a guy to make drastic changes. The fact is since Briere and Drury left this team has sucked. Their is no leadership. I feel a huge problem is no young talent ever develops into being a star. For the most part they develop into mediocre players. This team is full of mediocre talent that are all replaceable IMO. IMO Pominville and Hecht should be gone.

mchurchfie
04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
This team is built the same as the Bills. Built mostly on the draft with very little influx of savvy character veterans who know how to win. These guys have basically had to figure out how to be leaders and winners on their own and they are failing miserably. This team needs some veterans in here get pissed when they get kicked in the teeth.

Michael82
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM
**** This Team!!! :mad:

hydro
04-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Very eloquent there Mikey!

SabreEleven
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM

Stay classy, Rochester...

SkateZilla
04-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Vanek made just a HORRIBLE play on the OT goal. He had two guys going towards the net and instead of throwing it towards the net, he circles around trying to make an All-Star attempt at a play instead making the simple play. I don't blame him for the lost because a lot of other guys didn't man up but I blame him for that goal.

Umm, He tried to BLINDLY Throw it towards the net, and it went off the players skate, a mistake, yes. lets not base his entire season off of one bonehead play.

i watched the highlights, this is a different team, regardless, they look pumped, they just need to get back to basics again and stop trying to be pretty, which will cut down on the bonehead botched passes that lead to OT Game Winners for the other team.

Michael82
04-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Very eloquent there Mikey!
Thanks. I was looking forward to going to the Season Finale next Saturday. Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do....The Sabres just piss me off so much right now. It's a shame, because even us, the fans know what is wrong with the team. If only Tom Golisano, Larry Quinn and Darcy Regier knew. :sigh:

Michael82
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Stay classy, Rochester...
Bite me! :mad:

OpIv37
04-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Umm, He tried to BLINDLY Throw it towards the net, and it went off the players skate, a mistake, yes. lets not base his entire season off of one bonehead play.

i watched the highlights, this is a different team, regardless, they look pumped, they just need to get back to basics again and stop trying to be pretty, which will cut down on the bonehead botched passes that lead to OT Game Winners for the other team.

Ok..... let's relive that moment for one second.

It's OT. The playoffs are basically on the line and the team needs one big play to keep the unlikely hope alive just a little bit longer. The $7 million player that the FO is building around makes a stupid play that leads to a breakaway and basically hands the other team their winning goal.

Ever see Crosby do that? Malkin? Ovechkin? Alfreddson? Kovalchuck? Need I continue?

If this team is ever going to go anywhere, guys like Vanek need to step up and make plays in that situation. The jackass did the complete opposite.

Is it fair to base his whole season on that play? No, but guys of his stature should have much more crunch time ability than that. At the very least, they should NEVER give the game away like he did. NEVER.

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok..... let's relive that moment for one second.

It's OT. The playoffs are basically on the line and the team needs one big play to keep the unlikely hope alive just a little bit longer. The $7 million player that the FO is building around makes a stupid play that leads to a breakaway and basically hands the other team their winning goal.

Ever see Crosby do that? Malkin? Ovechkin? Alfreddson? Kovalchuck? Need I continue?

If this team is ever going to go anywhere, guys like Vanek need to step up and make plays in that situation. The jackass did the complete opposite.

Is it fair to base his whole season on that play? No, but guys of his stature should have much more crunch time ability than that. At the very least, they should NEVER give the game away like he did. NEVER.

It was a terrible play, but let's not be hypocritical here and say that those guys NEVER make a bad play. I don't think Vanek is a playmaker like some of those guys are. He is just a scorer. He will stand by the net and get a lot of goals that way, be I don't think he will EVER be a playmaker like Tim Connolly can be. Thing is, I don't see Vanek make that play hardly at all. Stuff like that happens.

I just hope that somebody sees that this team is NOT a playoff team or at least a team that can win in the playoffs in its current form. They don't need to get rid of everybody, but they DO need an influx of character players like Gaustad that have a bit more ability. I would love to see Vanek work with Gaustad on his hands around the net.

SabreEleven
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM

He should have thrown it towards the net before he made his cute little turn. He had the opening before that. It isn't one boneheaded we are basing his season on. He has disappeared for LARGE stretches of the season. I've seen ever game.

I'm glad they looked pumped in the highlights because that is the only place they were pumped. They played like bums the rest of the game. It was like watching a commercial for a movie where they show all the good parts on TV and the rest of the movie sucks.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-03-2009, 07:24 AM

I doubt they will every wake up.

trapezeus
04-03-2009, 09:08 AM
what is so frustrating is that when they lose, the team even says the same thing. "we got too fancy. We have to keep it simple." "we're trying to hard at home to please the fans."

It's like they think they are the best team in the league and just had a couple off nights. And lindy can't fix it. he seemingly has lost this team.

In the end, it was sad to see briere and drury go, but watching their play around the league, they wouldn't have made much of a difference when you consider their costs would have jetissoned other players. Vanek would be gone, roy wouldn't make it, perhaps we would have let pominville go, miller might have left.

But everyone is right. We need some rivet to be a hecht like veteran and we need a better #1 seasoned vet who can score.

chernobylwraiths
04-03-2009, 09:26 AM
I would trade for Shane Doan.

SabreEleven
04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
For Peters, Lalime and a 7th rounder? Oh wait, this isn't the Main forum.

Nighthawk
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
It was a terrible play, but let's not be hypocritical here and say that those guys NEVER make a bad play. I don't think Vanek is a playmaker like some of those guys are. He is just a scorer. He will stand by the net and get a lot of goals that way, be I don't think he will EVER be a playmaker like Tim Connolly can be. Thing is, I don't see Vanek make that play hardly at all. Stuff like that happens.

I just hope that somebody sees that this team is NOT a playoff team or at least a team that can win in the playoffs in its current form. They don't need to get rid of everybody, but they DO need an influx of character players like Gaustad that have a bit more ability. I would love to see Vanek work with Gaustad on his hands around the net.

I don't think you can teach feel around the net...you either have it or you don't.

I agree with everything else you said...we need more talented, more character, more heart type of players. Oh yeah, and a new GM!

SkateZilla
04-03-2009, 01:41 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes..... I can point out bonehead plays by everyone from Crosby to OV, to Broduer to Briere, everyone has a bonehead play every once and a while.

SkateZilla
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
It was like watching a commercial for a movie where they show all the good parts on TV and the rest of the movie sucks.

ROFLMAO, Quote of The Year....

OpIv37
04-03-2009, 07:42 PM

I didn't say those guys NEVER made a bad play. What I meant was that you never see them make a play THAT bad at such an important juncture of the game and the season.

I think you're right about Vanek, but the problem is that he's sucking up $7 million in cap room a season. It's hard to win when so much is tied up in guys who aren't playmakers.

I'm hoping for a shake up this off-season too.