PDA

View Full Version : Owens signing mirrors Lofton addition

The Spaz
04-02-2009, 08:53 AM
While the excitement still remains at a high level in Western New York over the Bills’ addition of Terrell Owens, there are some that wonder just how much of a difference he can make on Sundays. Buffalo’s Hall of Fame quarterback feels the only example you need is a Hall of Fame wideout that played for Buffalo as well.

“When they signed T.O., I thought of James Lofton,” said Jim Kelly. “When he came in I already had Andre Reed, but I needed that other guy so we could run that three wide receiver offense. Lofton came in and we went to Super Bowls and looking at T.O. hopefully he’s the guy that will get them to that next level.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/owens-signing-mirrors-lofton-addition/67263738-9364-4dd6-9a67-8caef58e97b9

ddaryl
04-02-2009, 08:56 AM
now if they actually have an OL next season this might have some turth to it

The Juice Is Loose
04-02-2009, 09:30 AM
HOLY COW

we lost one lousy o linemen...we have peters signed for 2 more years

the play of the o line has a lot to do with other players making plays

if your afraid of the pass, you back off...if your not, you crowd the line.

its all on trent to make the best of his opportunities. if he decides quickly and gets the ball out our o line will look amazing.

ddaryl
04-02-2009, 09:36 AM
HOLY COW

its all on trent to make the best of his opportunities. if he decides quickly and gets the ball out our o line will look amazing.

Holy ****

this game is won and lost in the trenches, and we lost multiple players and lots of depth that wasn't so great to start with. AND we have no idea what Peters will do this season. He could hold out till game 10 for all we know.

How great is hargartner ???? He must be a guarenteed big difference maker in your eyes.

and that's exactly what Trent did last year. Dump the ball off and its the same things that has people here wanting Cutler. Poor OL play means less plays downfield, and more dumpoffs

or Maybe you don't recall how anemic our run game was for more then 1/2 the season last year either. Even though we have 2 really good RB's

My philosophy will always be to invest heavily into the DL and OL regulalry. Something the Bills have failed at for over a decade and that failure is in direct correlation with the amount of playoff appearances we have had in that time frame.

SabreEleven
04-02-2009, 09:38 AM
When he said TO will take us to the next level, did he mean the Bills will go 8-8? That is the next level...

Mski
04-02-2009, 09:40 AM
When he said TO will take us to the next level, did he mean the Bills will go 8-8? That is the next level... or even a division win? :ill:

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 09:56 AM
These guys hang onto the glory years with a kung fu grip.

Jimbo, it's over. Do a nutrisystem commercial and retire.

The Spaz
04-02-2009, 10:00 AM
These guys hang onto the glory years with a kung fu grip.

Jimbo, it's over. Do a nutrisystem commercial and retire.

I think he is retired and can do whatever he wants.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I think he is retired and can do whatever he wants.

I love the late 80s and 90s Bills but this team needs to get an identity of it's own.

I loved watching Kelly play. But comparing the Lofton addition to TO is absurd.

The Spaz
04-02-2009, 10:16 AM
I love the late 80s and 90s Bills but this team needs to get an identity of it's own.

I loved watching Kelly play. But comparing the Lofton addition to TO is absurd.

How so? I think the facts are in the article. I do know we have issues on the o-line for it to work but just looking at the WR addition it is similar.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
HOLY COW

Did you not watch the giants beat the PAts in the superbowl by getting to Brady even though MArsha had a better OL and all around better team and coaching staff than what we have now?

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:19 AM
TO may be a Lofton but where's Kent Hull?

The Spaz
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM

That is the issue there is no denying that.

bigbub2352
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Guess the article fails to list No Oline, No TE, No FB, and most important No Hall OF Fame RB or QB and oh yeah a Front Office and Coaching Staff

bigbub2352
04-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Hangartner man come on, we sign backups all the time and they always turn into solid starters for us especially on the OLine

U know our staff knows more than most come on

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:21 AM
BTW if this works, do you think TO will take less than what we're paying Lee if he says he wants to stay?

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Hangartner man come on, we sign backups all the time and they always turn into solid starters for us especially on the OLine

U know our staff knows more than most come on

Fitz = Reich

Be afraid AFCE. Be very afraid!!!!

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:27 AM
How so? I think the facts are in the article. I do know we have issues on the o-line for it to work but just looking at the WR addition it is similar.

I'm not sure how old you are but when Lofton came to this team almost all of the peices were already in place and that's why Lofton was a great pickup. By the way Chris Brown is a moron because Loftons issues were not on field but off field and that's why his career had a setback.

Owens is coming here to basically help ressurrect an offense not be a complimnet to it.

The Spaz
04-02-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure how old you are but when Lofton came to this team almost all of the peices were already in place and that's why Lofton was a great pickup. By the way Chris Brown is a moron because Loftons issues were not on field but off field and that's why his career had a setback.

Owens is coming here to basically help ressurrect an offense not be a complimnet to it.

No question we don't have a lot of established players but the potential is there. I do know it doesn't look good right now but if I looked at only the ngfative on this team I don't know the reason I would turn on the TV and watch and be a fan.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:33 AM
By the way Chris Brown is a moron because Loftons issues were not on field but off field and that's why his career had a setback.
where did he say this anyways?

SabreEleven
04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
or even a division win? :ill:

He said 1 level, not 4 or 5.

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Ok cool when do we add thurman, Kelly, Bruce, Talley,Hull, Bennett, Biscuit???

thenry20
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM
HOLY COW

:penalty:

You've got to be kidding!!!

Comparing the current line with Jim's beasts! All of these guys were PB worthy. That can't be said today.

Whatever you're smoking must be good. Pass it this way.

I don't know if you saw or heard Thurman's HOF speech but he mentions that line several times (as did Kelly).

ParanoidAndroid
04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Without that O-line and a nasty pass rush, the Bills don't go to a single SB.