PDA

View Full Version : No way Jauron pulls this out!!

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I started thinking last night that there is no way Jauron is going to make it past this season.

Maybe this team is 9-7 if he does a better job coaching last year. Our schedule is harder and we will continue to miss that home game we lost.

I'm not sure this team is any better than last year's team. Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney are all one year whiter and slower, we don't have a replacement for Crowell, and as it stands right now the G psoition on this team is going to be weaker.

So based on this we should be preparing ourselves for coach Bobby April? If so I beleive this team will be 10X worse.

jamze132
04-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Wilson is preparing for the return of Bill Cowher to run the team.

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2009, 09:28 AM
I started thinking last night that there is no way Jauron is going to make it past this season.

Maybe this team is 9-7 if he does a better job coaching last year. Our schedule is harder and we will continue to miss that home game we lost.

I'm not sure this team is any better than last year's team. Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney are all one year whiter and slower, we don't have a replacement for Crowell, and as it stands right now the G psoition on this team is going to be weaker.

So based on this we should be preparing ourselves for coach Bobby April? If so I beleive this team will be 10X worse.

Wait what???? Where the heck did this come from?? I have never heard you say such a ridiculous thing.

is it a rule that you have to start the same exact thread once a week, except with a different title???

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Wait what???? Where the heck did this come from?? I have never heard you say such a ridiculous thing.

is it a rule that you have to start the same exact thread once a week, except with a different title???

You think the team is better? Why? TO. One player? Serioulsy?

ddaryl
04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Wilson is preparing for the return of Bill Cowher to run the team.

your a ****ing tease :catfight:

but that is my dream outcome :balloons:

theanswer74
04-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Its Groundhogs Day.

Honestly, for the people who say we arent better, get it through your heads and repeat it....We will only get better because of our young players getting better!

That's what happens in the NFL. When you start young players there is some growing that needs to take place. The Bills have had One of the youngest starting lineups the last 3 years.

yordad
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
So, some of our players are whiter then last year, and this is evidence Jauron will be fired?

:wtf:

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2009, 10:02 AM
You think the team is better? Why? TO. One player? Serioulsy?

Sorry, guess you didnt pick up on my sarcasm. I dont know if we're better or worse. I just see you saying the same exact things over and over again.

The Spaz
04-02-2009, 10:02 AM
So, some of our players are whiter then last year, and this is evidence Jauron will be fired?

:wtf:

I know right?! Some people have to look in the mirror and see what they look like.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Its Groundhogs Day.

Honestly, for the people who say we arent better, get it through your heads and repeat it....We will only get better because of our young players getting better!

That's what happens in the NFL. When you start young players there is some growing that needs to take place. The Bills have had One of the youngest starting lineups the last 3 years.

Okay here we go. What young players are getting us over the hump?

I love this argument because it is the same one I see every year. How did that Simpson and Whitner thing work out. Are they any better than when they played as rookies?

TacklingDummy
Trading for Cutler, trading Peters, and Schobel/Kelsay living up to their contracts could save Dicks job.

Those are unlikely to happen, see ya Dick.

HHURRICANE

I love this argument because it is the same one I see every year. How did that Simpson and Whitner thing work out. Are they any better than when they played as rookies?

Yobouty, Poz?

justasportsfan
We have Fitz now as the back up qb. Championship!!!

OpIv37
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM
If Jauron's dad had pulled out we wouldn't be in this mess.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:06 AM

McCargo?

OpIv37
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Its Groundhogs Day.

I thought that was supposed to happen last year, and the year before.....

Sorry, but this FO can't draft. We don't have any young talent, or at least not enough of it. This team will only win with outside help.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:12 AM

Sorry, but this FO can't draft. We don't have any young talent, or at least not enough of it. This team will only win with outside help.

Exactly why I think Jauron is bringing a knife to a gun fight.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Exactly why I think Jauron is bringing a knife to a gun fight.
Add in the schedule and it will be a miracle if Dick keeps his job.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:16 AM

Hey but the team is better. Our young players are going to get us over the top finally!!

Jeff1220
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM

...until the bye.

(finished the sentence for you)

WeAreArthurMoates
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM

I love this argument because it is the same one I see every year. How did that Simpson and Whitner thing work out. Are they any better than when they played as rookies?<!-- / message -->

Seriously, that's an easy one, Trent Edwards. This is a qb's league and you only go as far as your qb takes ya. If Trent puts it together this team will be good and this year he has no excuses.

Other players who need to take there game to another level are and very well could are Poz, Youboty, McKelvin, and Whitner.

bigbub2352
04-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Any Franchise committed to winning the Super Bowl would have fired this entire staff FO included and cut a bunch of the overpaid Vets that do nothing on this team at the end of the season
DJ is one of the worst Head Coach's in the league and his staff underneath him probably falls into that category good thing he inherited April, who i think after week 4 will be our interm HC

We should be in the rebuilding process now
We should have seen the trend of athletes coming out of college the last 5 yrs and switched to a 3-4
We should have.... u fill in the blank
Im tired

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 10:25 AM
This is a qb's league and you only go as far as your qb takes ya..

but the OL allows a qb to go as far as he can take them. Coaching plays a huge part too.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 10:28 AM
but the OL allows a qb to go as far as he can take them. Coaching plays a huge part too.

Hopefully if Turk calls another roll out 2 minutes left in the game, with the lead, Peters makes his block and doesn't get Trent killed.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Hopefully if Turk calls another roll out 2 minutes left in the game, with the lead, Peters makes his block and doesn't get Trent killed.

Edwards isn't going to have the ball in his hands like JP.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Edwards isn't going to have the ball in his hands like JP.
Trent makes mistakes also.

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2009, 10:35 AM
Trent makes mistakes also.

ok Licker!

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 10:51 AM
ok Licker!

TOS :fit:

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Sigh.

theanswer74
04-02-2009, 11:10 AM

The problem is our young players are the leaders of this team. So as they go the Bills will go.

We have a lot of young talent.

madness
04-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Very young teams usually show improvement statistically from year to year but that may not always transfer in wins until they actually learn how to win as a team.

If you ignore the obvious improvements over the last few years by just focusing on the win-loss column, you will never grasp the concept of a young team's progression (or any team for that matter).

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Very young teams usually show improvement statistically from year to year but that may not always transfer in wins until they actually learn how to win as a team.

If you ignore the obvious improvements over the last few years by just focusing on the win-loss column, you will never grasp the concept of a young team's progression (or any team for that matter).

Win-loss are the most important stat to me.

I don't see how there was improvement last year. The team went 7-9 again and did so against weak competition.

Syderick
IMO this is Dick Jauron's make it or break it year. Either he works his ass off with his job on the line or he gets fired. If being under hot seat helps us get to the playoffs good, if not then bring in another coach for 2010. At the end of the season we're either in the playoffs or we're getting a new coach The End.

theanswer74

There are a ton of improvements.

My favorite is 3rd downs. The team is getting better. If they improve Redzone offense next year, which is possible with T.O., we will see more wins.

madness
04-02-2009, 11:44 AM

I don't see how there was improvement last year. The team went 7-9 again and did so against weak competition.

At the end of the day that is the most important stat but if you can honestly say that last year's teams was no better than the year before it just because the they had the same record then I don't know what to tell you.

venis2k1
04-02-2009, 11:48 AM
The problem is our young players are the leaders of this team. So as they go the Bills will go.

The problem is the leaders on this team are Kelsay and Whitner.

yordad
04-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Edwards isn't going to have the ball in his hands like JP.Why? Would he assume Peters will whiff? AND would he decide the Bills would be best served throwing an incompletetion, and stopping the clock before the 2 minute warning as opposed to trying to make a play?

venis2k1
04-02-2009, 11:55 AM
JP is clearly a fool for assuming the "ALL PRO" left tackle could protect his blind side for 3 seconds.

yordad
04-02-2009, 11:58 AM
JP is clearly a fool for assuming the "ALL PRO" left tackle could protect his blind side for 3 seconds.Or at least for any second. I don't think Peters even touched that guy. And JP was rolling out, which should have affored him even more time.

You know what I think if funny.... the same people who say you can't judge Edwards on one bad Cleveland game are the same people who want to judge JP on this play.

mayotm
04-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Or at least for any second. I don't think Peters even touched that guy. And JP was rolling out, which should have affored him even more time.

You know what I think if funny.... the same people who say you can't judge Edwards on one bad Cleveland game are the same people who want to judge JP on this play.Or the people that don't want to give Edwards the same opportunity to fail / succeed as they did for Losman.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2009, 12:33 PM
At the end of the day that is the most important stat but if you can honestly say that last year's teams was no better than the year before it just because the they had the same record then I don't know what to tell you.

They put up better numbers, but if the numbers do not lead to wins who cares? They still went 7-9, with 6 of those wins coming against the AFC East and AFC West two of the weake divisions I have seen in years. They bet one playoff team. They went 0-6 against the AFC East.

At the end of the day, any improvement that existed did not help them.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Cmon guys. You guys are too harsh. Dick just got here. He just started rebuilding this team.

yordad
04-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Or the people that don't want to give Edwards the same opportunity to fail / succeed as they did for Losman.OK, so your saying it was a mistake, but your not wanting to learn from it? You say JP got too much time, but TE should have the same amount? I don't get it.

mayotm
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
OK, so your saying it was a mistake, but your not wanting to learn from it? You say JP got too much time, but TE should have the same amount? I don't get it.I'm not necessarily saying JP got too much time. Many of us (including myself) showed great patience waiting on JP to develp. It never happened. Heading into year three, most would agree that Edwards is further along than JP was at the same point in his career. Yet many that were making excuses for JP and preaching patience aren't giving Edwards the same benefit of doubt. Personally, I'm more concerned about Edwards' ability to stay healthy versus his ability to win games.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Is someone actually trying to blame Peters for the Jets loss?? Or are we talking about something else?

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2009, 02:10 PM
TD thinks it is Peters fault.

yordad
04-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Is someone actually trying to blame Peters for the Jets loss?? Or are we talking about something else?No you are right. The Jets suck, and they could only beat a team if JP was their QB. Had TE started a game against them, the Bills would have blown the Jets out.

O wait, TE did, and the Bills still lost.

I believe he was referring to your favorite play. The one where JP fumbled after a very bad play call, and a complete whiff by Peters on his "block".

TD thinks it is Peters fault.I believe he said several times that it was primarily a couple different peoples fault.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Is someone actually trying to blame Peters for the Jets loss?? Or are we talking about something else?

Peters has his share of the blame during that play. He hardly even attempts to touch Elam. Any attempt at a block by Peters and JP doesn't get blindsided and fumble. So yes Peters is one of the reason the Bills lost the Jet game.

mayotm
04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
No you are right. The Jets suck, and they could only beat a team if JP was their QB. Had TE started a game against them, the Bills would have blown the Jets out.

O wait, TE did, and the Bills still lost.

I believe he was referring to your favorite play. The one where JP fumbled after a very bad play call, and a complete whiff by Peters on his "block".
I believe he said several times that it was primarily a couple different peoples fault.It was a bad call. It was poor execution by Peters. It was poor execution by Losman.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 02:30 PM
I believe he said several times that it was primarily a couple different peoples fault. Thanks :up:

Combination of play calling, Peters, and Losman.

yordad
04-02-2009, 02:52 PM
It was a bad call. It was poor execution by Peters. It was poor execution by Losman.Well yeah.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM

I don't see how there was improvement last year. The team went 7-9 again and did so against weak competition. :up:

we may have outdone our own stats from the year before but unfortunately, the other teams in the division wiped their asses with our stats.

I don't care if the 08 bills were better than the 07 bills statistically. In the end, the rest of the AFCE were so much better than us. 0-6 in the division . AFCE's ***** in 08. I'd rather we end up last in every statistical ranking as long as we're on top of the standings.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 03:04 PM
They put up better numbers, but if the numbers do not lead to wins who cares? They still went 7-9, with 6 of those wins coming against the AFC East and AFC West two of the weake divisions I have seen in years. They bet one playoff team. They went 0-6 against the AFC East.

At the end of the day, any improvement that existed did not help them.
yeah that sounded like an FTP argument. Stats are better than wins.

When the colts won the SB they were dead last defensively.

madness
04-02-2009, 03:38 PM
yeah that sounded like an FTP argument. Stats are better than wins.

When the colts won the SB they were dead last defensively.

Not one single person said that.

justasportsfan
04-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Not one single person said that.

I agree. I said it sounded like it.

Our improvements mean nothing when everyone else around is improving 10X faster. The fins were supposedly younger than us in 07. They made us look like a college football team last year.

madness
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree. I said it sounded like it.

Our improvements mean nothing when everyone else around is improving 10X faster. The fins were supposedly younger than us in 07. They made us look like a college football team last year.

What a difference solid QB play can make.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 04:35 PM
What a difference solid QB play can make.
It's really because the fins payed Jake Long so much money. The Bills need to send the bank to Peters quickly.

OpIv37
04-02-2009, 07:22 PM

but when I came on here complaining about the crappy wins against Oakland and St. Louis, and (correctly) predicting that we would struggle against the better teams in our division, everyone told me that it wasn't about stats and wins were all that mattered.

Suddenly, it's statistical improvement that matters? Make up your mind.

acehole
04-02-2009, 07:26 PM
We go as the qb goes...no more ....no less.

Write it down.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney are all one year whiter and slower

i'm probably just immature, but that was one of the funniest things i've heard/seen all day. thanks.