PDA

View Full Version : With the Cutler Trade.....

gonzo1105
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
The Bills are now in a prime position for a trade down scenario. Apparently all the Broncos want are two first round picks. The bills, one pick ahead of Denver, are now a prime candidate to either take the # 2 QB Mark Sanchez or # 3 QB Josh Freeman. Any team that wants one of these QB's are going to have to move ahead of Denver to get one of these guys. I actually like the fact that Cutler is going to get traded unless its to the Jets. Hopefully this ends up working out very well for us.

FlyingDutchman
04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
depends if the QBs make it through S.F and Jax

ddaryl
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
depends if the QBs make it through S.F and Jax

a run on QB's also plays into our hands cause somebody is dropping

T-Long
04-02-2009, 05:03 PM
The Bills are now in a prime position for a trade down scenario. Apparently all the Broncos want are two first round picks. The bills, one pick ahead of Denver, are now a prime candidate to either take the # 2 QB Mark Sanchez or # 3 QB Josh Freeman. Any team that wants one of these QB's are going to have to move ahead of Denver to get one of these guys. I actually like the fact that Cutler is going to get traded unless its to the Jets. Hopefully this ends up working out very well for us.
Great post...I never thought of that. I knew that teams would want to trade up to land one of these QB's, but I have a bad feeling that both will be gone by the time we are on the clock. But as was stated before, that means two top 10 players are going to be pushed back right into our laps.

Jaybird
04-02-2009, 05:11 PM

I agree!

I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the trade. If one of the top 2 QB are still on the board i see the bills becoming a bigtime player to trade down (unless someone of value is sitting for us to take)

jpdex12
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree!

I was thinking the same thing as soon as I saw the trade. If one of the top 2 QB are still on the board i see the bills becoming a bigtime player to trade down (unless someone of value is sitting for us to take)

My mind was immediately on to this. The only fear that I had was Cutler to NYJ. You know that teams will be calling us to work a trade to get that QB that they are afraid that Denver will grab. If we trade down a few spots we pick up anotehr third at least or even a second and we still get a player that will fill a void and then two good players to fill two other voids in the second round. I smell a trade down!

Good call Gonzo!

SABURZFAN
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM

in the meantime, the Bills could work Denver as well. work a deal to swap picks and get Scheffler in a Bills uni would be a lift for the offense.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
um.. you guys do realize that ITS THE FREAKING BILLS DRAFT TEAM right? as in STUPID BRAINLESS KNUCKLEHEADS.....
ANY smart deal that COULD be made will be LOST on them.