PDA

View Full Version : Why Peters havent been traded?

TonyBlack
04-02-2009, 07:29 PM
i mean if he aint happy being a "bill" like cutler wasnt happy either then trade him for some early draft picks GEEEEZ is not like he's the only o-line player out there. i know he one of the bests but DAMN DAMN DAMN...trade him to seahawks or rams or something.

***I KNOW I HAVENT POST GOOD TOPICS BUT PLEASE DONT BAN ME, IM A REAL BILLS FAN I KNOW I CAN DO BETTER BUT PLEAZZZZZ***

patmoran2006
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
The goal is to work out a deal. Prime LT's don't fall off trees and the draft is a crapshoot.

But having said that, if they're still far away by draft day time I'd be shocked if he's not traded.

But there is a 0.0% chance the Bills get a package even in that ballpark that Cutler got.

Romes
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
:rofl:

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
The goal is to work out a deal. Prime LT's don't fall off trees and the draft is a crapshoot.. Wouldn't it be smarter than for a team who is picking a LT high in the draft to trade for a "prime LT"?

But there is a 0.0% chance the Bills get a package even in that ballpark that Cutler got.Why not? You just said "prime LT's don't fall off trees". A 1st and a 3rd should not be unrealistic.

DrGraves
04-02-2009, 08:01 PM
i wish we would just suck it up and pay the dude. its not like we are going to use that cap space anyways.

yordad
04-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't it be smarter than for a team who is picking a LT high in the draft to trade for a "prime LT"?

Why not? You just said "prime LT's don't fall off trees". A 1st and a 3rd should not be unrealistic.Didn't we have this conversation with him before? Déjà vu.

HHURRICANE
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
A proven LT is in such demand that trading himm for an unknown first makes 0 sense.

TacklingDummy
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
A proven LT is in such demand that trading himm for an unknown first makes 0 sense.

So the team trading draft picks, "unknown", for Peters would be making the smart move?

So why wouldn't a team who's picking a LT early in the draft just not give Buffalo a call about Peters instead? After all Peters in this elite left tackle and left tackles don't fall off of trees.

jamze132
04-03-2009, 12:27 AM
i mean if he aint happy being a "bill" like cutler wasnt happy either then trade him for some early draft picks GEEEEZ is not like he's the only o-line player out there. i know he one of the bests but DAMN DAMN DAMN...trade him to seahawks or rams or something.

***I KNOW I HAVENT POST GOOD TOPICS BUT PLEASE DONT BAN ME, IM A REAL BILLS FAN I KNOW I CAN DO BETTER BUT PLEAZZZZZ***
Florida education?

justasportsfan
04-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Especially for a team (bills) thats still waiting for ANY of the players they've drafted since they've been here to become above average players at their respective positions.

acehole
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
This "Prime LT" did (fall off a tree) lest we forget. UDFA as I recall. Let him go for the right deal...we need the picks....

The goal is to work out a deal. Prime LT's don't fall off trees and the draft is a crapshoot.

But having said that, if they're still far away by draft day time I'd be shocked if he's not traded.

But there is a 0.0% chance the Bills get a package even in that ballpark that Cutler got.

X-Era
04-04-2009, 06:56 AM

If we get a 1st rounder for him and then spend it on a new LT, thats basically a wasted pick. We didnt get better on the field by doing that move, and we dont upgrade a position of need.

The move doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

billogic99
04-04-2009, 08:40 AM
I keep reading Peters is an "elite" LT, well he sure as hell hasn't played like one. He's played well, but elite? How is it we can ignore 11.5 sacks and still call the guy elite? I realize he's missed some tine due to injury and missing camp, but isn't part of being elite being the guy who isn't injured and isn't missing camp? Just sayin.

acehole
04-04-2009, 08:55 AM
I keep reading Peters is an "elite" LT, well he sure as hell hasn't played like one. He's played well, but elite? How is it we can ignore 11.5 sacks and still call the guy elite? I realize he's missed some tine due to injury and missing camp, but isn't part of being elite being the guy who isn't injured and isn't missing camp? Just sayin.

Shhhh not to loud, make sure Philly cant hear you..