PDA

View Full Version : McDaniel Would Love Edwards

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Listening to Peter King on Mike and Mike this morning on the Cutler trade, I have that sense McDaniels would love to have a QB like Edwards.

The main point here about the trade is that it is not about draft picks or who offered more of it. Denver sets the price (minimum 2 1st round) and everyone involved is meeting that (Tampa, Washington, Chicago the finalists). But the key is that once McDaniels watched films, he pretty much focused on Chicago because he really likes Orton. Mr. King even speculates that Denver may not even use a first round on QB in the draft.

Orton has always been a game manager. I know Levy was really high on him during his draft year (Levy was not Bills GM then). I saw it first hand during the pre-season game between the Bills and Chicago that once he got on the field he basically torn apart the then-highly-ranked Bills defense. He was less successful in regular seasons. Edwards has demonstrated, in my opinion, that he can be successful in regular seasons as Orton did to the Bills in that pre-season game. Edwards also has more big play capability than Orton.

I know we have concerns about the health of Edwards - btw he seems to know that as well and has been focusing on improving in that area last off season and now. But I just can't help to believe that he's the type of QB coaches from the Belichick tree would love - not a gunslinger like Bledsoe and Cutler, but more on smarts and less likely to make stupid mistakes.

I always compare Edwards to Brady, mainly on their football makeup when they start their career. Brady, of course, takes off after 2 or 3 seasons to become one of the greatest. I want to point out again here I think Edwards has the same mental makeup, whether he can take off from there remains to be seen. Orton is an example of someone yet to take off.

I wanted to mention my big concern on Edwards - that Cleveland Monday Night Game last year. A guy with his ability should not make so many stupid mistakes. I can only hope that it was the lingering effect of the concussion. We shall see this year.

acehole
04-03-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes you edwards fans have a "Sense" and feelings about things.
It would be better if reality was your guide. He has yet to do anything.
Anywhere.

Edwards to Brady? Montanna?

I have grown fond of the people I disagree with but you are all high.

Listening to Peter King on Mike and Mike this morning on the Cutler trade, I have that sense McDaniels would love to have a QB like Edwards.

The main point here about the trade is that it is not about draft picks or who offered more of it. Denver sets the price (minimum 2 1st round) and everyone involved is meeting that (Tampa, Washington, Chicago the finalists). But the key is that once McDaniels watched films, he pretty much focused on Chicago because he really likes Orton. Mr. King even speculates that Denver may not even use a first round on QB in the draft.

Orton has always been a game manager. I know Levy was really high on him during his draft year (Levy was not Bills GM then). I saw it first hand during the pre-season game between the Bills and Chicago that once he got on the field he basically torn apart the then-highly-ranked Bills defense. He was less successful in regular seasons. Edwards has demonstrated, in my opinion, that he can be successful in regular seasons as Orton did to the Bills in that pre-season game. Edwards also has more big play capability than Orton.

I know we have concerns about the health of Edwards - btw he seems to know that as well and has been focusing on improving in that area last off season and now. But I just can't help to believe that he's the type of QB coaches from the Belichick tree would love - not a gunslinger like Bledsoe and Cutler, but more on smarts and less likely to make stupid mistakes.

I always compare Edwards to Brady, mainly on their football makeup when they start their career. Brady, of course, takes off after 2 or 3 seasons to become one of the greatest. I want to point out again here I think Edwards has the same mental makeup, whether he can take off from there remains to be seen. Orton is an example of someone yet to take off.

I wanted to mention my big concern on Edwards - that Cleveland Monday Night Game last year. A guy with his ability should not make so many stupid mistakes. I can only hope that it was the lingering effect of the concussion. We shall see this year.

Pinkerton Security
04-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Yes you edwards fans have a "Sense" and feelings about things.
It would be better if reality was your guide. He has yet to do anything.
Anywhere.

Edwards to Brady? Montanna?

I have grown fond of the people I disagree with but you are all high.

are you a bitter JP fan?

acehole
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
are you a bitter JP fan?

No. Are you high?

Pinkerton Security
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
No. Are you high?

No. Where did I ever compare Edwards to anyone at all?

I was just wondering why you are anti-Edwards.

bflobarry
04-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Acehole and his ilk are anti-Edwards b/c they're miserable people who get their jollies trashing the team that they are "fans"of. He says Edwards has "never won anything, anywhere". He's talking about our 22 year old QB who has all of 2 YEARS under his belt. The kid that's 12-11 on a pretty bad, poorly coached team. So let's slaughter the kid, shall we? With fans like Ace, we'll go far indeed!

acehole
04-03-2009, 03:10 PM

"I always compare Edwards to Brady, mainly on their football makeup when they start their career."

acehole
04-03-2009, 03:19 PM
No...not even close.

Did you read his post...he is so shocked Edward would play bad. My point is let him prove he is great before we are shocked he isnt. Incase you have not been paying attention to the debate over the last few years "a pretty bad, poorly coached team" is not an excuse for bad qb play. Dont question my fanhood boy...you dont know me. I have to like every player to be a fan? I dont dislike Edwards allthough I believe he isnt the kind of qb buffalo needs. This fan has been waiting for the hype to match the play on the field..that is all.7-9 and 23rd rated passer not withstanding.

Acehole and his ilk are anti-Edwards b/c they're miserable people who get their jollies trashing the team that they are "fans"of. He says Edwards has "never won anything, anywhere". He's talking about our 22 year old QB who has all of 2 YEARS under his belt. The kid that's 12-11 on a pretty bad, poorly coached team. So let's slaughter the kid, shall we? With fans like Ace, we'll go far indeed!

gil
04-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I've seen the "Edwards is smart" thing brought up quite a bit - is it because he went to Stanford?

I am seriously curious, did he score real high on the wonderlic or something?

Because I'm not sure I've seen what I would at least interpret as Manning/Brady levels of knowledge or whatever it is they have out there.

Don't get me wrong, I like him as a QB and am hopeful for the future with him, I just don't know his level of smarts.

justasportsfan
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I've seen the "Edwards is smart" thing brought up quite a bit - is it because he went to Stanford?

because Dick said so.

bflobarry
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
No...not even close.

Did you read his post...he is so shocked Edward would play bad. My point is let him prove he is great before we are shocked he isnt. Incase you have not been paying attention to the debate over the last few years "a pretty bad, poorly coached team" is not an excuse for bad qb play. Dont question my fanhood boy...you dont know me. I have to like every player to be a fan? I dont dislike Edwards allthough I believe he isnt the kind of qb buffalo needs. This fan has been waiting for the hype to match the play on the field..that is all.7-9 and 23rd rated passer not withstanding.
I will question your fanhood, boy, based on the steady diet of negative drivel that you regularly post. Go back and read it.

yordad
04-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Acehole and his ilk are anti-Edwards b/c they're miserable people who get their jollies trashing the team that they are "fans"of. He says Edwards has "never won anything, anywhere". He's talking about our 22 year old QB who has all of 2 YEARS under his belt. The kid that's 12-11 on a pretty bad, poorly coached team. So let's slaughter the kid, shall we? With fans like Ace, we'll go far indeed!Can I judge him based on the ability I have seen so far, or not? Do I just have to assume he is good based on the fact he is young? Or do I have to assume he will be good based on the fact he is poorly coached? He is 25 btw.

acehole
04-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Negative drivel > positive delution
If it is based in truth.

What you think about how I think of the Bills and it qb is as irrelevant as what you think Mcdaniel wants. In fact he described Ortn as "tough" as one of his positive atributes.... I doubt he would want Edwards based on that alone.

Reality pionts to another conclusion you should too.

We will save the pom poms for guys like you
who seem to know nothing of football.

I will question your fanhood, boy, based on the steady diet of negative drivel that you regularly post. Go back and read it.

acehole
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Can I judge him based on the ability I have seen so far, or not? Do I just have to assume he is good based on the fact he is young? Or do I have to assume he will be good based on the fact he is poorly coached? He is 25 btw.

zactly...ignore reality and look at my hope.

He is what I said he was last year.

"A promising young prospect" Nothing more, nothing less.

I also said his injury history is a concern and I was called a JP fan.

He can call me what he want, question my fanhood...doent mean I was not correct and your feelings are fact.

Thanks dad you are my ilk.