PDA

View Full Version : Wrighster cut

T-Long
04-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Jaguars’ Wrighster: I’m Getting Cut
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 7:50 a.m.

Jacksonville Jaguars tight end George Wrighster epitomizes the glass-is-half-full philosophy, so much so that he sounds practically giddy at his impending release today.

In an entry on his blog titled, “24 hours and counting,” Wrighster reveals that Jaguars General Manager Gene Smith informed him that he will be cut from the roster today. Instead of being downcast, Wrighster is practically celebrating and has even posted a poll on his blog asking fans which team he should play for next.

So far, the Arizona Cardinals lead by one vote over the New York Giants and the Buffalo Bills.

“It’s official!!!” Wrighster writes. “I was informed today by GM Gene Smith that I will be released by the Jaguars tomorrow. I’m excited to see what the future holds and where I will end up this season. Teams have already expressed interest since being informed that this will happen.

“Ill be taking some trips to teams as early as this weekend, so I’d assume my situation will be resolved in the next week or two. I have never been a free agent so it’s pretty exciting!!! I just again want to thank my friends, family, and fans who have supported me throughout my career. The past was bright, but the future will be incandescent!”

According to NFL.com, the 6′3, 265-pound former Oregon tight end has caught 94 career passes for 850 yards and nine touchdowns in six NFL seasons. He caught just two passes last season in an injury-plagued year where he was limited to five games.

LINK (www.profootballtalk.com)

ddaryl
04-03-2009, 08:25 AM
I would have to say he is exactly what we don't need...

the guy has almost no production in his career

HHURRICANE
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I would have to say he is exactly what we don't need...

the guy has almost no production in his career

Robert Royal with a worse attitude.

more cowbell
04-03-2009, 04:53 PM
hes better than robert royal

but then again there isnt many tight ends who arent

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 04:58 PM
What away to leave the fans. This is worse than the guy who signed with the Nationals in MLB who said "its like when you are sitting around while everyone is dancing untill 3am and a 700 lb girl looks like J-Lo"

eee1776
04-04-2009, 12:34 PM
On his page he put a survey owhere4 fans can vote on what team he should sign with. Of you go to the link or Cris Browns Blogyou can vote on what team you would like to see him sign with.

Don't Panic
04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Pass... the cure for mediocrity definitely isn't more mediocrity.

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2009, 01:12 PM
The guys sucks no thank you.