PDA

View Full Version : Around the AFC East: Broncos didn't call back Jets

madness
04-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Around the AFC East: Broncos didn't call back Jets
April 3, 2009 9:04 AM
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

New York Jets
New York Daily News reporter Rich Cimini writes the Broncos never returned the call from Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum regarding quarterback Jay Cutler.
New York Times reporter Judy Battista writes the Bears paid "an enormous price" for Cutler.
Daily News columnist Gary Myers thinks the Jets wouldn't have offered a similar package for Cutler.
Newsday's Erik Boland takes a gander at the Jets' quarterback situation now that Cutler's out of the picture.

Buffalo Bills
Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter Joe Maxse, who lives on the street I grew up on, writes the Bills are curious about Cleveland State basketball player J'Nathan Bullock.

Miami Dolphins
In a blog notebook, Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero reveals the Bills and Jets have shown interest in Jason Taylor.
Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington catches up with quarterback Chad Pennington at an event for his 1st and 10 Foundation.

New England Patriots
Boston Globe reporter Christopher L. Gasper checks in with guard Steohen Neal, one of six still around from all three Super Bowl titles.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast

Great news for us but... ouch. :jetsuck:

madness
04-03-2009, 08:32 AM
...and for those of you that don't know.

Kill time at 3 p.m. with AFC East chat
April 3, 2009 8:30 AM
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Since the weekly AFC East chats have been sporadic over the past couple months, I wanted to let all the corporate loafers out there know that you can snuff the last couple of hours of your work week by dropping by SportsNation today at 3 p.m. ET.

Every AFC East team has a topic or two from this week to discuss.

The New York Jets didn't land Jay Cutler, returning focus to their three-man quarterback competition, which could grow to four if they draft another.
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft reiterated his attraction to signing pass rusher Jason Taylor.
Buffalo Bills receiver Terrell Owens is a perpetually popular subject.
Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland will hold a news conference at 10 a.m. to discuss the draft. So we'll have that to talk about, too.
Or we can concentrate on all the usual frivolities that derail my chats. I have a feeling you'll go for that again, and you won't get any complaints from me.