PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Play in Store for Bills #11?

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2009, 09:36 AM
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/wwhi040209.htm

I don't think so but it could be interesting, particularly if both Stafford and Sanchez are selected in the top 10. That'll put a little pressure on those teams vying for a 1st round QB - and there are a few behind the Bills.

yordad
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I made a similar post yesterday. I also added that the Bills could dupe the Broncos into swaping 1st, and making them give up their newly aquired 3rd, just by pretending there was other teams interested.

DraftBoy
04-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I made a similar post yesterday. I also added that the Bills could dupe the Broncos into swaping 1st, and making them give up their newly aquired 3rd, just by pretending there was other teams interested.

How would we dupe them? We play two vaslty different versions of defense and our offenses aren't very similar either. Who would we want who they would also want?

clumping platelets
04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd take Scheffler in a swap of 1st's :D

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
How would we dupe them? We play two vaslty different versions of defense and our offenses aren't very similar either. Who would we want who they would also want?
I think he meant duping them that another team may want a player they covet

yordad
04-03-2009, 11:05 AM
How would we dupe them? We play two vaslty different versions of defense and our offenses aren't very similar either. Who would we want who they would also want?If one of the QBs drops to us, we don't have to have another team interested in him. We can call the Broncos and pretend we have trade offers, and see what they have to offer. We could get their newly aquired 3rd for a swap, or like someone else mentioned, we could get their TE.

It wouldn't be the first time this was done.

justasportsfan
04-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I don't think McDaniels needs a Sanchez if he can take a Cassel and make him an above average qb. He could go with Freeman or PAt White without having to give up a first pick. In the meantime I am almost sure he can make Orton a better qb than he was at chicago to hold the fort down for a year.

ghz in pittsburgh
04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't think McDaniels needs a Sanchez if he can take a Cassel and make him an above average qb. He could go with Freeman or PAt White without having to give up a first pick. In the meantime I am almost sure he can make Orton a better qb than he was at chicago to hold the fort down for a year.
In all likelyhood, Denver will draft D players.

I heard this morning that Denver has not gone out to study any QBs in the draft so far. That could change soon. IF McDaniels' study makes him high on someone in particular, then things could change considerably.

I agree Orton is likely the starter this year, and he may even turns out great. But I think he'll draft someone just in case. Hey even the great Tom Brady sat for a year. And Denver has enough high draft picks that they can certainly play around with ease.

DraftBoy
04-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I agree with both the guys above, Denver is going to concentrate on D in this draft.

Ed
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't understand why that article states that Cleveland is a landing spot for a passer. They have Quinn and Anderson. Even if they traded one of those guys, why would they use a top 10 pick on a qb?

justasportsfan
04-03-2009, 12:15 PM

I heard this morning that Denver has not gone out to study any QBs in the draft so far. That could change soon. IF McDaniels' study makes him high on someone in particular, then things could change considerably.

I agree Orton is likely the starter this year, and he may even turns out great. But I think he'll draft someone just in case. Hey even the great Tom Brady sat for a year. And Denver has enough high draft picks that they can certainly play around with ease.
I agree. He's gonna need to fix that D there is competition for 3-4 players . He's gonna need all those picks which is why I don't think he is likely going to grab a qb in the 1st rd when they is raw potential in later rds that McDaniels has proven to develop successfully..

madness
04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Denver can't afford not to go D in this draft and the teams in obvious need of a QB are already low on picks. There may be other opportunities available come draft day but I don't see this scenario happening.

Ed
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't think the Broncos will rule out taking a qb, but I don't think they'll consider trading up to grab one. Maybe if one of the top guys fall to them, but they've got too many holes on D and they're not going to give away Cutler for draft picks, just to turn around and give up draft picks for a rookie qb.

psubills62
04-03-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't understand why that article states that Cleveland is a landing spot for a passer. They have Quinn and Anderson. Even if they traded one of those guys, why would they use a top 10 pick on a qb?

Probably because Mangini is lukewarm on both of them. While I'm not a fan of the QB's this year at all, quality beats quantity. One great QB > Two mediocre QB's.

patmoran2006
04-03-2009, 01:16 PM
As of right now, I'd think Denver would take two front seven players with picks 12 and 18

tampabay25690
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I'd take Scheffler in a swap of 1st's :D

I agree with u here on that 1..
Proven TE and draft an OLB

jamze132
04-04-2009, 12:38 AM
You make it sound like McDaniels can just take anyone and turn them into a good QB. I highly doubt that 32 year old kid had much to do with Cassel's success.

TigerJ
04-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Trading their first round pick and getting one later in the first round is by far the most attractive option for Buffalo in this draft unless there are some real surpises in the top ten. The increased potential for that to happen as a result of the Cutler trade is the second best thing to happenn this offseason after the Owens trade.

Owen DeBoard
04-04-2009, 06:34 PM
You make it sound like McDaniels can just take anyone and turn them into a good QB. I highly doubt that 32 year old kid had much to do with Cassel's success.
Yeah I would say Cassels success was having that nice o-line in front of him and Moss and Welker to throw the ball to. Joey Harrington could put up those numbers with that o-line and wrs.

jamze132
04-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Yeah I would say Cassels success was having that nice o-line in front of him and Moss and Welker to throw the ball to. Joey Harrington could put up those numbers with that o-line and wrs.
Well, maybe not Harrington...

Throne Logic
04-05-2009, 01:54 AM

Don't forget that neither Cassel or Brady were anywhere near the top of the draft board. McDaniels could be simply waiting to see what's available in say, Round 6. . .

Throne Logic
04-05-2009, 01:55 AM
A interesting trade partner might turn out to be the Jets. They've got something of a hole at the QB spot.