PDA

View Full Version : Free agents still available

TypicalBill
05-14-2003, 02:31 PM
one pro personnel director said, "Even with 32 teams in the league, the list is pretty good, and teams can still upgrade depth and, in some cases, starters." Another personnel man said, "It's not the time to relax -- there are very good bargains out there."

QB (13): Shane Matthews, Joe Germaine, Kent Graham, Jeff George

RB (14): Lamar Smith

FB (9): Larry Centers

WR (37): Antonio Freeman, Germane Crowell, Raghib Ismail, Terance Mathis, Darnay Scott, Darren Chiaverini, Isaac Byrd, Reggie Barlow

TE (13): Justin Swift, Mike Lucky

OT (23): Solomon Page, Blake Brockermeyer, Lomas Brown, James "Big Cat" Williams, Floyd Wedderburn

OG (12): Brendan Stai, Matt Willig, Kipp Vickers, Gennaro DiNapoli (will probably re-sign with Titans)

C (10): Jeff Christy, Ben Lynch

DE (26): Kavika Pittman, John Thierry, Tom Burke, Chidi Ahanotu

DT (23): Henry Ford, Gilbert Brown, Chester McGlockton, Sean Gilbert, Bernard Whittington

LB (29): Levon Kirkland, Mike Caldwell, John Holecek

S (24): Blaine Bishop, Kwamie Lassiter, Lethon Flowers, Rashard Cook, Anthony Dorsett, Chad Cota, Billy Jenkins, Sam Shade, Jason Belser

CB (26): Jason Sehorn, Eric Davis, Terry Fair, Darrien Gordon

P (2): Tom Rouen

K (1): Todd Peterson, Gary Anderson

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6370948)

which players would fit this team?

LtBillsFan66
05-14-2003, 02:36 PM
No one stands out in my book. Maybe a safety to compete in camp? I can't wait to see who's available after June 1.

HenryRules
05-14-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Raghib Ismail is retiring.

Earthquake Enyart
05-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Looks like a junk pile to me.

BillsNYC
05-14-2003, 02:50 PM
holocek! he was great...love to have him back....

TypicalBill
05-14-2003, 02:55 PM
interesting prospects IMO are:

- Jeff Christy: if we dont resign conaty, atleast we'd know we have an experienced backup that was a starter for every team he played for and missed just 4 games in 8 years since his rookie season.

- Kwamie Lassiter: an experienced FS that can cover..had a down year last season with 2 ints but had 9 the year before.. how good can he play when he had no supporting cast?

Patrick76777
05-14-2003, 03:02 PM
I like a few of the safeties

cordog
05-14-2003, 03:31 PM
Wouldnt be suprised to see Blaine Bishop come in here. He was rumored to come here before last season, plus he has worked w/ Williams and Gray in TN.

Patrick76777
05-14-2003, 03:36 PM
I would also like to see a WR come in here before the start of the season.

Michael82
05-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Where did Qadry Ismail end up going? Anyone know? :scratch:

Demon
05-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

which players would fit this team?

None. I say wait til the cuts come on June 1st and then decide what to do. Besides maybe Crowell i wouldn't really touch any of them because some of these guys are over the hill but will be asking for decent money and not just play for cheap to riase their stock. With Moulds being a deep threat, Reed being quick and likes to go thru the middle, a decent additon would be JJ Stokes in my opinion who will get cut on june 1st. He hasn't had a fair chances and didn't look eye to eye with Mariuchi (spelling).

The WR's on this list i wouldn't put ahead of Josh Reed, even Ismeal. If we are looking to sign a 3rd WR we might as well give Bobby Shaw a chance, hes young and played great under Gilbride in Pittsburgh.

The_Philster
05-14-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Where did Qadry Ismail end up going? Anyone know? :scratch:

I think he's still in Indy

justasportsfan
05-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Demon

None. I say wait til the cuts come on June 1st and then decide what to do.

Anyone have a list of possible FA's after June 1?

WCoastFin
05-14-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Looks like a junk pile to me.

Looks like if they formed a team they'd kick the Bills ass to me.

SABURZFAN
05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

Looks like if they formed a team they'd kick the Bills ass to me.

throw r.lucas in there and they'd kick the hell out of the FISH.he never threw to anybody wearing teal and orange.:eek:

Lone Stranger
05-16-2003, 12:54 AM
Seems that they could field a pretty good expansion team from that lineup.