View Full Version : Best mock ive ever seen from a outside site

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Walter

1st- Everette Brown DE
2nd- Jared Cook TE
3rd- Marcus Freeman LB
4th- Kraig Urbik G
5th- Antone Smith RB- This is the only one that I question mainly because of FSU with Wright in the 5th from there a few years ago but still hopefully this guy is better.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

3 other problems. Crabtree-Seattle, Michael Johnson-Oak, BJ Raji-Jack

venis2k1
04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Not Too bad. I like it.

Nighthawk
04-03-2009, 05:52 PM
That would be a pretty successful draft if it fell that way.

BillsWin
04-03-2009, 06:12 PM
You had me at Brown and Cook. Two impact players worth the pick.

Mike
04-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I dont know if the Bills are bright enough to take Brown. They might opt out for Maybin and his 3 sacks last year....

DraftBoy
04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Its not bad at all, I'm not a fan of Brown and I prefer a TE like Nelson or Ingram over Cook but you can't complain too much about getting those guys.

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 08:48 PM
I dont know if the Bills are bright enough to take Brown. They might opt out for Maybin and his 3 sacks last year....

Yeah, opt for Maybins 3 sacks. Oh wait, he had 12. Well that sucks to, right. :sailor:

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Its not bad at all, I'm not a fan of Brown and I prefer a TE like Nelson or Ingram over Cook but you can't complain too much about getting those guys.

I have Cook as my number 1 TE in front of Pettigrew in everything but blocking. Id say Brown is clearly the best pass rusher in the draft (but its my opinion)

yordad
04-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I would be alright with that draft. That mock had a couple curve balls, but the writer knows his stuff for the most part. He definitely pegged our needs.

BTW, Mitchell59, Antone Smith could really provide us with a 1-2--3 punch, a real change of pace. The guy has wheels like the Bills have never seen at RB. The guy ran a 4.25 40 yard dash at his proday.

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I would be alright with that draft. That mock had a couple curve balls, but the writer knows his stuff for the most part. He definitely pegged our needs.

BTW, Mitchell59, Antone Smith could really provide us with a 1-2--3 punch, a real change of pace. The guy has wheels like the Bills have never seen at RB. The guy ran a 4.25 40 yard dash at his proday.

Wow, didnt know that. So we have a power, balanced, and speed backs. I like this idea if we trade Parrish and get this guy returning kicks.

yordad
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow, didnt know that. So we have a power, balanced, and speed backs. I like this idea if we trade Parrish and get this guy returning kicks.I goggled him, and am now getting conflicting info, but it makes the dude even more intriguing. This one says 4.33 (http://walterfootball.com/draft2009RB.php), instead of 4.25 (http://www.jacksonville.com/bob_thomas/2009-03-17/story/former_mandarin_standout_impresses_as_fsu_athletes_work_out_for_nfl_scou), but it is the 31 reps at only 190 pounds that make ya say whoa. His measurables are comparable to Chris Johnson's.

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
I goggled him, and am now getting conflicting info, but it makes the dude even more intriguing. This one says 4.33 (http://walterfootball.com/draft2009RB.php), instead of 4.25 (http://www.jacksonville.com/bob_thomas/2009-03-17/story/former_mandarin_standout_impresses_as_fsu_athletes_work_out_for_nfl_scou), but it is the 31 reps at only 190 pounds that make ya say whoa. His measurables are comparable to Chris Johnson's.

4.29 speed RB who benches like a DL. Speed was a average of both times.

TigerJ
04-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Walter always seems to have a pretty good handle on team needs, at least from the perspective of Bills fans. He also usuallay avoids any extreme variance from the generall public perception of the relative value of players. The result is fans usually seem to like his mocks. That said, I don't think he has any better record than anyone else at predicting the actual flow of the draft. There are always surprises, which are then panned by fans and pundits like Walter Cherpinsky and Mel Kiper as mistakes. I usually like his mocks, and this is no exception.

I actually like Antone Smith. He's so different than Lynch or Jackson that he would give the Bills the option of a real change of pace at RB; the little guy who can hide behind big linemen with enough speed to take it all the way if he gets out into the open.

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Walter always seems to have a pretty good handle on team needs, at least from the perspective of Bills fans. He also usuallay avoids any extreme variance from the generall public perception of the relative value of players. The result is fans usually seem to like his mocks. That said, I don't think he has any better record than anyone else at predicting the actual flow of the draft. There are always surprises, which are then panned by fans and pundits like Walter Cherpinsky and Mel Kiper as mistakes. I usually like his mocks, and this is no exception.

I actually like Antone Smith. He's so different than Lynch or Jackson that he would give the Bills the option of a real change of pace at RB; the little guy who can hide behind big linemen with enough speed to take it all the way if he gets out into the open.

From what ive heard of Yordad is hes a poor mans CJ.

SquishDaFish
04-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Not another Antoine Smith at RB LOL

X-Era
04-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Walter

1st- Everette Brown DE
2nd- Jared Cook TE
3rd- Marcus Freeman LB
4th- Kraig Urbik G
5th- Antone Smith RB- This is the only one that I question mainly because of FSU with Wright in the 5th from there a few years ago but still hopefully this guy is better.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

3 other problems. Crabtree-Seattle, Michael Johnson-Oak, BJ Raji-Jack

I love our first two picks... but Im not a fan of Freeman. I dont know if McKenzie will drop to the 3rd, but I like him much better.

The Jokeman
04-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Did Antoine Winfield and get married and take his wife's name Smith? As can't recall any Antoine Smith's here but do remember an Antowain Smith.

Back to the mock, it's not that bad. As addresses our needs and gives us player that seem to fit the type we like ie smaller sized OLB and bigger OG etc. Also I like Everette Brown a whole lot more then Maybin which is a big time plus.

X-Era
04-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Did Antoine Winfield and get married and take his wife's name Smith? As can't recall any Antoine Smith's here but do remember an Antowain Smith.

Back to the mock, it's not that bad. As addresses our needs and gives us player that seem to fit the type we like ie smaller sized OLB and bigger OG etc. Also I like Everette Brown a whole lot more then Maybin which is a big time plus.

I met a guy with a wooden leg named Smith...

DraftBoy
04-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I have Cook as my number 1 TE in front of Pettigrew in everything but blocking. Id say Brown is clearly the best pass rusher in the draft (but its my opinion)

I have Cook at #5 right now, as I said in another thread, the next block Cook throws will be his first one. I can't see the Bills taking a player like that at this point given their approach towards previous TE's.

Brown is a great pass rusher, the best one? Im not sure he very well could be though. But he needs to work on stuff like footwork and inside moves. If he plays 3-4 OLB (where I project him at) he could very successful from Day 1.

TigerJ
04-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Actually the spelling of this guy's name is correct in Mitchell's initial post. There is no "i" in this Smith's name. It is "Antone."

The Jokeman
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Actually the spelling of this guy's name is correct in Mitchell's initial post. There is no "i" in this Smith's name. It is "Antone."
I was replying to Beastmode's post which was and again I quote:

Block "O"
04-04-2009, 09:51 PM
I love our first two picks... but Im not a fan of Freeman. I dont know if McKenzie will drop to the 3rd, but I like him much better.

Mckenzie is good if you like big slow guys.

Bravo82
04-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Everette Brown is a good pick if you like first round busts....

Mitchell55
04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Everette Brown is a good pick if you like first round busts....

LOL, yeah, right. Label a player as a bust without playing a snap.