PDA

View Full Version : Max's "goal" that was disallowed

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I was at a bar, so can somebody with reasonable intelligence explain to me why that play not a goal or, if he ran into the goaltender, a penalty?

How the hell was it not one or the other, except for the fact that NHL officials suck?

helmetguy
04-03-2009, 10:13 PM
...NHL officials suck?

There's your answer.

They never did give a reasonable explanation...or one at all, for that matter.

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
I have a thread for this now. But to answer it, well you answered it yourself. "NHL officials suck"

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I needed a thread about this specific call since it was worse than most NHL calls.

It HAD to be one or the other. It was not a no goal, no penalty situation. That is impossible.

Mitchell55
04-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I needed a thread about this specific call since it was worse than most NHL calls.

It HAD to be one or the other. It was not a no goal, no penalty situation. That is impossible.

You were in the bar right? Well than you probably didnt hear RJ say that it was not a penalty if it was not a goal. He said it before the refs said it.

clumping platelets
04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Max was driven into the goalie by the Caps player. Sabres player to the right shot the puck towards the crease and it went in. This was after Max had back away from the goalie but was still in the crease.

It should have been a goal

OpIv37
04-04-2009, 02:11 AM
even the Caps announcers were perplexed by that one. When the opposing teams announcers are defending the Sabres, it's pretty obvious that the refs ****ed up.

SkateZilla
04-04-2009, 03:02 AM
i think they re-instated the crease rule, because in the last 3 weeks I've seen goals disallowed for a player simply standing in the crease.

chernobylwraiths
04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Uh oh, Ltpenguinsfan is going to come on here taking about conspiracy crap. The refs don't have it out for us! :D