PDA

View Full Version : So 4 percent of Body fat is low, may be too low

ghz in pittsburgh
04-04-2009, 07:10 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/11588197

I remember Moulds at one time had negative body fat - I swear it's true I just don't know how that's possible. Maybe according to Allaire, he's taking stuff.

Now is taking Body Building stuff illegal for NFL?

yordad
04-04-2009, 07:11 AM
I had 3.8 at one time. The nurse said it was the lowest she ever seen. And she said it wasn't ideal. Quite a while ago though.

ALL D
04-04-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm around 97.3% bodyfat. Wish I had you problem yordad...:up:

The Spaz
04-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I have read that 8% is ideal.

yordad
04-04-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm around 97.3% bodyfat. Wish I had you problem yordad...:up:I wish I still had that problem too. My six pack was blinging.

trapezeus
04-04-2009, 09:39 AM
bruce had ridiculously low body fat. my dad is a doctor and told me a long time ago that single digit body fat isnt really great as an athlete because they tend to have less "cushioning"at the base of their feet and leads to knee problems later in life. especially in DE since they are significantly heavier than WR.

Jeff1220
04-04-2009, 10:23 AM
A guy I knew in college was around 4% and got a bad infection from something that broke the skin in his leg (he said it was a tack - yeah right). Anyway, the doctor told him that a huge reason why he contracted the infection had to do with his body fat %. Apparently the low % lowered his resistance to infections.
I usually hover between 8-12% myself, depending on the type of training I'm doing. When I got mine done electronically (not the most accurate test) a few weeks ago, it was at 9%.

don137
04-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Yea, I heard 12% is ideal. Less than 12% their could be negative impacts but every body is different so it could vary. 16-23% is normal healthy range for a guy.

ParanoidAndroid
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/11588197

I remember Moulds at one time had negative body fat - I swear it's true I just don't know how that's possible. Maybe according to Allaire, he's taking stuff.

Now is taking Body Building stuff illegal for NFL?

Negative body fat is not possible. A good body fat percentage for athletes is right around 7%. Much less is unhealthy and much more is inefficient.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 2865500" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Jeff1220</TD><TD class=alt2>A guy I knew in college was around 4% and got a bad infection from something that broke the skin in his leg (he said it was a tack - yeah right). Anyway, the doctor told him that a huge reason why he contracted the infection had to do with his body fat %. Apparently the low % lowered his resistance to infections.
I usually hover between 8-12% myself, depending on the type of training I'm doing. When I got mine done electronically (not the most accurate test) a few weeks ago, it was at 9%.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Fat can act as a toxin filter. It absorbs toxins better than other substances in your body. That is partly the reason that eating animal fat can be bad for you especially if those animals lived in toxic environments. It may also be the reason that player's infection was worse than it should have been....bacteria release toxins and that is what makes you sick.