PDA

View Full Version : Duke Robinson a must in the second round?

BillsWin
04-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I know everyone wants a tight end here, but the Bills won't go anywhere if Edwards cant stay upright. Robinson is the best OG in the draft, and he stays healthy, and would make our line somewhat solid. It depends on our Center.

I say we can get a DE in the 1st and hold off tight end until the third.

yordad
04-04-2009, 01:27 PM
As is, our hands are kind of tied. We need interior lineman, and if one can be a walk on starter, its a must.

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I would much rather shore up Guard over TE.

A good TE is a luxery. Most teams don't have one. With the addition of Owens TE went down on my needs list.

DE
OG
OLB
TE

In that order.

Mitchell55
04-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Max Unger

Needs

DE
C/G
DE
LB
DT
TE

Bert102176
04-04-2009, 02:24 PM
No we need to grab Alex Mack in the 2nd

Mitchell55
04-04-2009, 02:25 PM
No we need to grab Alex Mack in the 2nd

Pittsburgh will have a say in that at 32.

SABURZFAN
04-04-2009, 02:52 PM
the OL has no depth whatsoever. the LG position is an eyesore. i wouldn't have a problem seeing him mow down people, in a Bills uni, for a decade. some people may argue that the Bills 2nd Rounder is too high to draft him but i think he would start in the Opener.

jamze132
04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
If we draft 3 D-lineman and 4 O-lineman, I wouldn't be upset since the FO has chosen to allocate about 4% of our scouting assets to the lines for the past 10 years.

BillsWin
04-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I think its a must, Id like Unger, but Ive covered OU and OSU games so I can tell you about players like Duke or Jon Cooper, or Brandon Pettigrew. I can tell you right now, Robinson is the player we want starting opening day at left gaurd if we have the balls to get him.

Why do you think the Sooners were able to run on the Gators in the BCS game when no one else had? Robinson is a beast. Sad to see him go and I'm an OSU fan.

patmoran2006
04-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Maybe I shouldn't, but I put value into what Mark Gaughn thinks and writes. And he seems pretty damn convinced the Bills are locked in with Chambers as the LG.

I hope to hell he's not right. And to stick to this specific topic, I would take a guard (or even center) in round two before a TE.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I want Robinson, Ubrick, Levitre, Johnson or Canfield on this team at LG. Anyone of those guys would be upgrades over Dockery. I know the staff loves Chambers and could see him at LG, I'm not buying it. Krugler was at OU's proday and LSU's. Which seems to me we were scouting Duke and Herman. I heard that we loved Herman at the combine. Personally I think we should not take a TE until the fourth but that's me.

Mitchell55
04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Id actually say OG is the biggest need.

DE- we still have Schobel and Kelsay is ok, but not starting talent
TE- Fine is fine
DT- Williams is a good player
OLB- Ellison isnt horrible
OG- No one at all.

Hamilton Billsfan
04-04-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd much rather have Herm Johnson and he should be available in the 4th round

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Id actually say OG is the biggest need.

DE- we still have Schobel and Kelsay is ok, but not starting talent
TE- Fine is fine
DT- Williams is a good player
OLB- Ellison isnt horrible
OG- No one at all.
I am with you except for OLB. Ellison is horrible as a starter. He brings nothing.

Buddo
04-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Maybe I shouldn't, but I put value into what Mark Gaughn thinks and writes. And he seems pretty damn convinced the Bills are locked in with Chambers as the LG.

I hope to hell he's not right. And to stick to this specific topic, I would take a guard (or even center) in round two before a TE.

The other alternative, even if he is right, is to take Unger, as you then have a backup (at least) for Guard and Center.
Unfortunately, I think much will still depend, on how the Peters saga unfolds eventually.

The Juice Is Loose
04-05-2009, 10:22 AM
ah i'm too paranoid and we just drafted someone named duke a few years back and he was a flop pretty much

Saratoga Slim
04-05-2009, 10:51 AM

A good TE is a luxery. Most teams don't have one. With the addition of Owens TE went down on my needs list.

DE
OG
OLB
TE

In that order.

I agree 100% at this time.

If we end up trading Peters, that becomes the #1 need, but we'll get a 1st in return (as well as hopefully other compensation), and thus we should still be able to concentrate on the above.

Night Train
04-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Front 7 on D and OL.

Skill players come after that. With Owens, Evans, Reed and the RB's catching a ton of balls, TE is NOT a priority.

Oaf
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM

DE
OG
OLB
TE

In that order.
Agreed but. Chambers @ LG/3rd round LG/vet fill-in > Ellison starting (which will happen if we don't draft an LB early)
so for me, DE and LB are the same (but DE has more value at 11) and then comes LG.

DraftBoy
04-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Nobody is a must, and nothing is a lock. This team has way too many holes to be so tunnel visioned. Say we go Malcolm Jenkins in Round 1 and then you have Michael Johnson, Robert Ayers, and Duke Robinson all there in Round 2. Who are you going to take?

clumping platelets
04-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Michael Johnson

SABURZFAN
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Nobody is a must, and nothing is a lock. This team has way too many holes to be so tunnel visioned. Say we go Malcolm Jenkins in Round 1 and then you have Michael Johnson, Robert Ayers, and Duke Robinson all there in Round 2. Who are you going to take?

the Duker. he would start for the Bills from Day One and be a fixture for a decade. not sold on Ayers or Johnson.

DraftBoy
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
the Duker. he would start for the Bills from Day One and be a fixture for a decade. not sold on Ayers or Johnson.

Says who??

Robinson is falling on draft boards across the league, had a bad end to the season and hasnt been impressive in offseason workouts thus far. Yet he's going to be our opening Day OG? I dont see it right now, and as much as I hate the idea that Chambers is going to be our LG come Monday night in New England, it makes too much sense for this organization.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Says who??

Robinson is falling on draft boards across the league, had a bad end to the season and hasnt been impressive in offseason workouts thus far. Yet he's going to be our opening Day OG? I dont see it right now, and as much as I hate the idea that Chambers is going to be our LG come Monday night in New England, it makes too much sense for this organization.

ME!!!!!!!!!

i don't give a rats ass what you read. i don't see Chambers being the solution at OG.

DraftBoy
04-06-2009, 07:25 AM
ME!!!!!!!!!

i don't give a rats ass what you read. i don't see Chambers being the solution at OG.

Either do I but we both know that with our FO anything is possible.

ddaryl
04-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I believe OL is by far our most needed positin.

We lack depth and starters, and we have a major malcontent at LT.

The Bills could draft the best T on the boad at #11 and the best G in the 2nd rd and I would be happy.

jdbillsfan
04-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I'd take Ayers if he was there in the 2nd and I would be pissed it we drafted Jenkins in the 1st.