I have to say it, Vanek is our worst player outside of scoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchell55
    only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
    • Feb 2008

I have to say it, Vanek is our worst player outside of scoring

Ive never seen a player as slow, cant pass, cant play D, and doesnt hustle as much as him. Hes not good on breakaways and makes tons of mistakes. Other than the times he scores, I forget hes on the ice. I know not many people will agree but still. He needs to at least hustle after the puck.
  • rbochan
    Zamboni Driver
    • Jun 2008

Re: I have to say it, Vanek is our worst player outside of scoring

Zero passion.
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Please tell me you just didnt notice this.. 80% garbage goals where the puck just comes to his stick in a scrum. He has always been lazy. Miro Jr.
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• hydro
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
        Please tell me you just didnt notice this.. 80% garbage goals where the puck just comes to his stick in a scrum. He has always been lazy. Miro Jr.
        Terrible post. If you knew anything about hockey you would know his job is about the hardest of anyones on the ice. Try standing in front of the net (in the NHL), have a puck coming from the point at 90~ mph and have to make sure not to get killed while deflecting it at the right moment and get it in the 10% of the net that isn't taken up by the goalie.

Ask anyone who has played the game, meathead has made this point numerous times, he does his job in his end very well.
        BERNIAC!

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

There is no arguing that this guy doesn't play hard all the time. It's been the knock on him his entire career.

Comment

• SabreEleven
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
            Ive never seen a player as slow, cant pass, cant play D, and doesnt hustle as much as him. Hes not good on breakaways and makes tons of mistakes. Other than the times he scores, I forget hes on the ice. I know not many people will agree but still. He needs to at least hustle after the puck.
            Do you have to start a thread for every thought or everytime you fart?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              Do you have to start a thread for every thought or everytime you fart?
              I think the two are one in the same.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

Vanek lacks his Lafontaine in my opinion, Roy is not the type of center that is a playmaker, Connoly should be on his line to feed him the puck 10times a game like other teams do on the scoring line, RUff in my opinion has to be critisized about his line combos i think they have actually hurt us for yrs
                Why would a pville at RW connoly at C and Vanek at LW be a bad thing?
                both players lack a set up man and Connoly is suppossed to be our set up man
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  Terrible post. If you knew anything about hockey you would know his job is about the hardest of anyones on the ice. Try standing in front of the net (in the NHL), have a puck coming from the point at 90~ mph and have to make sure not to get killed while deflecting it at the right moment and get it in the 10% of the net that isn't taken up by the goalie.

Ask anyone who has played the game, meathead has made this point numerous times, he does his job in his end very well.
                  You pay me that much money, I'll stand in front of a 90mph shot. It doesn't take skill to stand in front of the net, it takes balls. It's all about getting the screen and feasting off the rebound. How often is he deflecting shots? Maybe 2% of the time?

His work ethic is pathetic and he is a lazy passionless player.
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                    • Jan 2003

One of the stupidest threads I have seen in a long while.

Vanek is NOT a playmaker. I think everyone knows this, but he is one of the best in the NHL at tipping pucks. The beating the man takes in front of the net is something.

Unbelievable, people whine when we don't score goals and then they whine that our best goal scorer isn't great defensively.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                      Can you go back on the Main board and stay there?

Comment

• Mitchell55
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                        One of the stupidest threads I have seen in a long while.

Vanek is NOT a playmaker. I think everyone knows this, but he is one of the best in the NHL at tipping pucks. The beating the man takes in front of the net is something.

Unbelievable, people whine when we don't score goals and then they whine that our best goal scorer isn't great defensively.

Outside of scoring smart one. Whens the last time you see him forcheck, make a nice pass, deke someone? The point is hes not a great player. Hes a good scorer, but everything else he does is bad. Hes one of the reasons we always lose. He makes so many mistakes and doesnt even hustle to make sure the other team doesnt score on the mistake.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          • Feb 2008

Can you go back on the Main board and stay there?

Can you be informative for once in your life?

Comment

• SabreEleven
                            • Aug 2002

Coming from you, that is a compliment.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              • Feb 2008

Coming from you, that is a compliment.

you told a funny

Comment

Working...
                              X