PDA

View Full Version : BillsWin mock

BillsWin
04-04-2009, 09:01 PM
ROUND ONE:
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/11/20/1227231082_2945/539w.jpg
DEFENSIVE TACKLE: BJ RAJI
Boston College

Unmistakably the best defensive tackle in the draft. He will probably slip out of the top ten due to drug issues. Who are the Bills to pass up on this guy? He is a better player than anyone else we would get at this position. Orakpo will be long gone, Pettigrew is a reach, but so is almost any other player the Bills would take here. If Raji drops you take him. Raji and Stroud on the interior would be impossible to run on, and would cause their own pass rush havoc. Double teams will be more frequent as Raji and Stroud will gobble up single blockers all day long. If you want a good defense, you start in the trenches, Our defensive ends will have to wait.
ALTERNATIVE PICK: Brandon Pettigrew or Everrette Brown

ROUND TWO:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/54/546448.jpg
OFFENSIVE G: Duke Robinson
Oklahoma

First day starter. You plug him in and watch him go. One of the best run blockers I have seen at Oklahoma. Though I've only worked covering the Sooners for a year and a half now, I think I've seen enough game tape on the guy to know what he provides you. This guy is the man you'll want in the Bills' LG spot come the season. Strong, great reach, technique is unparallelled for the gaurds this draft. He is really one of the only options to go here. Without a shored up o-line, this offense will be at a stand still. The Bills' O-line coach being at OU's pro-day is even more of an incling that Robinson would be the Bills' pick. Or maybe a Jon Cooper later in the draft, but Im sticking with Robinson.
ALTERNATIVE PICK: Jared Cook or Connor Barwin

ROUND THREE:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/22/229570.jpg
OUTSIDE LB: Marcus Freeman
Ohio State University

You can just look at him and know he is a "football" player. The Bills are going to need an outside linebacker. They missed out on Cato June, who I thought was their best FA option other than Dansby or Crow. If the Bills aren't completely happy with handing the reins to Bowen, then they need to try someone like Freeman. He'll be a player for years to come in the NFL, is he the best? no. But he would be an excellent pick for the Bills.
ALTERNATIVE PICK: A Tight end or LB

ROUND FOUR:
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/572341.jpg
DEFENSIVE END: Phillip Hunt
Houston

I don't really think he will drop this far, but I am praying he does. Great DE pickup in the fourth. Good player, will transfer well to the pros. I like him as a Bill. The guy is a sack master at Houston and would be welcomed to a Bills team that is sack deprived. Brandon Long is another possibility.
ALTERNATIVE PICK: Long or a TE

I believe this draft would give us an excellent oppurtunity to win a good amount of football games in the 2009-2010 season.

The depth chart would be pretty much complete if we take some relativly able players in the next few rounds. This team sucks too much to become picky about some things. The Raji pick for example, he's a great pick at 11. They need to start doing things right.

AS FOR THE NO TIGHT END THING:
I feel that a tight end is worthless when you can't protect your quarterback, so an great OG is needed. Especially with a new center, who may need time to adjust to a 3-4 front facing him. So Duke had to be my pick in the second. That leaves big holes at OLB and DE. If the Bills are content with Bowen and Ellison competing then they can afford a TE there. If they aren't they will need an OLB higher than a TE. Fine may be just fine for now and the fifth round has some hidden gems in my opinion at TE.

Would this draft make you happy as Bills fans? If so, sweet. If not, oh well. I think I'll live.

Block "O"
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
LMAO thats not Gholston, anyways Marcus will gone in the 2nd round. Believe that. Oh and its Thheeeeee Ohio State University

http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2008_2009/Football/08-08-07-FB-0461.jpg

The Spaz
04-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I knew that was Gholston. When I first saw the picture i was like woah he likes like Gholston...lol

Lefty2985
04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
like it....

clumping platelets
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I like it :nod:

yordad
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Freeman in the 3rd would be sweet. I think he would immediately be better then Ellison, and fit the system nicely. Grab that FB Fiammetta in the 5th while your at it.

BillsWin
04-04-2009, 11:02 PM
I think Freeman will be there in the third but wouldnt be suprised if he went early.

BillsWin
04-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry bout the picture gentlemen. Wasn't paying attention.

BillsWin
04-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Still think its a good mock. bump

Yasgur's Farm
04-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Raji is a great pick... Robinson is a reach in round 2

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
I like Urbik more than Robinson right now as a true road grader OG who can be had in Round 3. Honestly I'd go with a DE like Ayers or Sibury in Round 2, take Urbik in Round 3 and then Gerald McRath in Round 4. Not a bad mock though and I do love the Raji pick.

BillsWin
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
The Raji pick would help the Bills alot.