PDA

View Full Version : A few trends around here

X-Era
04-05-2009, 08:17 AM
1) I think were getting borderline nasty towards some of our young members because they are excitable and want to make lots of posts. I dont think thats right. We accept all kinds of fans here including fans from other teams, even rival teams, but we chastise a Bills fan simply because hes young and likes to make lots of posts? Im sure we all can think of a poster or two thats annoying, I know I have my list, but where do you draw the line? At this point, some people are getting picked on and hammered just because they are young... whats next? old? race? religion? People are allowed to post here freely, thats part of what makes it a great board. And you may find it annoying to have to suffer through looking at a new post every day, or hour... ohh the horror. But if we dont like it dont read. Id like to see us be more tolerant of posters even if we find them annoying.

2) Last time I checked this isnt an English class. We have some posters that are trying to become professors of English apparently. This just in, your (<- yes spelled wrong and I like it that way) not getting paid to teach here, were not coming here to learn, and no one is being graded. We have posters that come here that speak broken or bad English and its funny, but then we get posts correcting people who aren't hyphenating or conjugating correctly. I say lets give up that fight. For me, I use the spell check and will go back and edit if I screw up a word, but not always. If I feel lazy that day I wont... and believe it or not, that's OK! Its a flippin message board.

Seriously, can we observe a bit more tolerance and find a way to be more patient? Even if its annoying? Its the variety that makes the board the best on the net... lets not let bad attitudes or impatience stunt the activity.

PS, I hope this stays on the main board for a bit to get the most reads

SABURZFAN
04-05-2009, 08:25 AM
some people have their nose so far up the higher up's asses that they probably won't be able to read this.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 08:41 AM
some people have their nose so far up the higher up's asses that they probably won't be able to read this.

I thanked you because you seem to agree with my statements. As far as ass kissing, I honestly dont know who or how much so I cant comment on that.

shelby
04-05-2009, 08:55 AM
i think you raise some valid points about tolerance.

The grammar smack is just that....i do it myself....it amuses me. No offense is intended.

You're. i'm just sayin'.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2009, 09:23 AM
i think you raise some valid points about tolerance.

The grammar smack is just that....i do it myself....it amuses me. No offense is intended.

You're. i'm just sayin'.

the grammar smack is just ribbing but when a young kid is passionate about his football team, he shouldn't get cut down for his ideas. for all we know, he could be right. though i agree he somewhat overdoes it a bit, it seems to be a breath of fresh air compared to the other crap going on for the last 3 years. tis the season where everybody and their father has mock drafts and ideas about what their team needs to do. there sure as hell nothing else going on.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 09:28 AM
the grammar smack is just ribbing but when a young kid is passionate about his football team, he shouldn't get cut down for his ideas. for all we know, he could be right. though i agree he somewhat overdoes it a bit, it seems to be a breath of fresh air compared to the other crap going on for the last 3 years. tis the season where everybody and their father has mock drafts and ideas about what their team needs to do. there sure as hell nothing else going on.

:clap:

Exactly!

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised at how far it goes at times. How nasty some people get and aren't called out on it.

I agree that hes a breath of fresh air and I like the exuberance... many of us, including me, have become negative as of late (not without good reason). So, its nice to have someone bring some enthusiasm back into the picture.

I just don't think we should be chasing anyone off.

shelby
04-05-2009, 09:39 AM
i agree with both of you. Well said.

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2009, 09:51 AM
gotta say i'm prob one of the younger members and no1 is being nasty to me but i still see what yur saying

The Juice Is Loose
04-05-2009, 10:03 AM
if i wanted to be corrected on my grammar i'd go to my grandmother's house

The Juice Is Loose
04-05-2009, 10:04 AM
i think the bashing of opinions is over the line. there is a difference between a debate and and just being mean.

i honestly haven't really posted anything mean other than in retaliation, and look at my rep, horrible. i have had some good posts here.

jamze132
04-05-2009, 05:15 PM
gotta say i'm prob one of the younger members and no1 is being nasty to me but i still see what yur saying
I am pretty sure there is a certain poster who Edwards is referring to. I don't think you start a thread every time you exhale.

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I am pretty sure there is a certain poster who Edwards is referring to. I don't think you start a thread every time you exhale.
ahahaha ik who he's referring to

SquishDaFish
04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I dont hate anyone. And dont care about peoples spelling. There is one person not that I cant stand him it just gets sickening seeing every thought he has to be posted in a new thread. Maybe make one thread called Mich59s thread :idunno:

I dont hate the kid and sometimes when he does have a good one people still rip on him now thats not right.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I dont hate anyone. And dont care about peoples spelling. There is one person not that I cant stand him it just gets sickening seeing every thought he has to be posted in a new thread. Maybe make one thread called Mich59s thread :idunno:

I dont hate the kid and sometimes when he does have a good one people still rip on him now thats not right.
And my point is that its your option not to read.

Theres probably not a single person here that isnt annoyed from time to time at someone or some thing on the board...

I was annoyed at a mock that I saw recently. I thought about whether to respond or not. But why? Why slam some posters thoughts? It isnt worth it. And truth be know, many people responded and liked the thought.

You know when we need to worry about whether a poster is bringing any value or not? When they are posting lots of posts and no one is responding.

Yet the person I'm referring to continues to get lots of responses and not all negative... Translation- his opinion is worth something and is relevant. And because of that fact, I think its our job to show patience.

Truth be know, I don't agree with a lot of what that person posts, but he brings variety and I appreciate it. And as I said before, its nice to have the different perspective... all Bills fans aren't one age or of one opinion.

The diversity of the board makes it great.

BillsWin
04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Ive always liked you EdwardsEra and I agree with you fully. But, my sarcastic remarks against the number of posts young people make *ahem* Mitchell59 *ahem* are all in good fun and no hurt intended. :) In fact I like his posts. They keep me on my toes. Which "last mock" will be the LAST mock? Which player is the new hot commodity!? haha. all in good fun. I do enjoy this board.

SquishDaFish
04-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I agree BillsWin. I dont mind some of his threads. But he just needs to stop posting every little thought and he would be one awesome poster.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2009, 06:19 PM
There is one person not that I cant stand him it just gets sickening seeing every thought he has to be posted in a new thread.

:snicker2:

realdealryan
04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
. Maybe make one thread called Mich59s thread :idunno:

It's called a blog. He should start one. It would be a constructive outlet for all of these thoughts.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 06:27 PM
It's called a blog. He should start one. It would be a constructive outlet for all of these thoughts.

vs. this message board which is intended to be an outlet for your thoughts?

I get the gripe, I really do. But many people here start a zillion threads. Its a fact of life when your hanging out on a message board. Again, we have the option to ignore it.

But the personal attacks are just uncalled for.

SquishDaFish
04-05-2009, 06:42 PM
I agree personal attacks need to stop. No doubt I agree with you. But it gets really annoying coming here to see the thoughts of all the fans and I see 10 threads all from same person and 8 of them are senseless thoughts that popped in his head

X-Era
04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I agree personal attacks need to stop. No doubt I agree with you. But it gets really annoying coming here to see the thoughts of all the fans and I see 10 threads all from same person and 8 of them are senseless thoughts that popped in his head

Thats an opinion man. I can see why some think its annoying. I only make the point that plenty here do stuff that can be annoying.

SquishDaFish
04-05-2009, 06:56 PM
I agree EE

LtFinFan66
04-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I agree personal attacks need to stop. No doubt I agree with you. But it gets really annoying coming here to see the thoughts of all the fans and I see 10 threads all from same person and 8 of them are senseless thoughts that popped in his headif they are indeed personal attacks....report them: plain and simple

realdealryan
04-05-2009, 07:18 PM
vs. this message board which is intended to be an outlet for your thoughts?

I get the gripe, I really do. But many people here start a zillion threads. Its a fact of life when your hanging out on a message board. Again, we have the option to ignore it.

But the personal attacks are just uncalled for.

I guess I view a blog as more of an up-to-the-moment stream of thought, whereas a discussion board is more topical and involves more than one person. There is a gray area, though, and I think MLynchMitch is in it. Nice kid, though.

jamze132
04-05-2009, 11:16 PM
ahahaha ik who he's referring to
too...

jamze132
04-05-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm going to start a thread about how much I want everyone to like me, but I'm going to put it into the TZ.

realdealryan
04-05-2009, 11:21 PM
ahahaha ik who he's referring to no

too...
nope

to whom he's referring

ahahah lol

TacklingDummy
04-05-2009, 11:58 PM

How hard is it to not click open a thread he makes?

It takes more energy to respond.

SquishDaFish
04-06-2009, 05:09 AM

Its not the point of clicking them. ITs the point that half the time the 1st page is almost all him. And like I said some of his threads not many but some are good. So of course Im going to click

elltrain22
04-06-2009, 06:14 AM
I have never understood all the resentment towards Mitchell59. He may not be on the same page w/ some as far as realism, and players, but the kid is a FAN. He is enthusiastic, and you can tell, he LOVES this team!! IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ that, even if once in a while he has a farfetched opinion.

chernobylwraiths
04-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Thats an opinion man. I can see why some think its annoying. I only make the point that plenty here do stuff that can be annoying.

Other posters in the past have done this and it is called borderline spam. In the past, it has been dealt with. I'm sure if it gets to a point, the mods/admins again will deal with it.

We all want to see other's point of view, even when they are wrong. Especially Op, so that we can rub it in. Unfortunately, he hasn't been wrong much lately.

Oh, I will hammer anyone that uses your/you're incorrectly two. :;

jamze132
04-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Other posters in the past have done this and it is called borderline spam. In the past, it has been dealt with. I'm sure if it gets to a point, the mods/admins again will deal with it.

We all want to see other's point of view, even when they are wrong. Especially Op, so that we can rub it in. Unfortunately, he hasn't been wrong much lately.

Oh, I will hammer anyone that uses your/you're incorrectly two. :;
What about the incorrect usage of to, too, or two? You just made that booboo.

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2009, 11:56 AM
What about the incorrect usage of to, too, or two? You just made that booboo.

Ummmmm.....

Yeah. The smilie would indicate to those of use with nominal intelligence that it just might have been intentional.

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2009, 11:59 AM

:up:

TD hit the nail the head. You can also put him on ignore. It is simple.

Mitchell is a good kid with great enthusiasm for the team we all love, despite their shortcomings.

I would rather read his stuff than the crap from the posters that use passive agression to degrade other posters.

ddaryl
04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I tink peeple who complian aboot the engrish language on a Bills forim ar a form of entirtanemint

BAM
04-06-2009, 12:13 PM
You're right to a point but some people also need to thicken their skin as well.

FlyingDutchman
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
i think the bashing of opinions is over the line. there is a difference between a debate and and just being mean.

i honestly haven't really posted anything mean other than in retaliation, and look at my rep, horrible. i have had some good posts here.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2842529 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead id=currentPost style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><!-- status icon and date -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 03-07-2009, 09:21 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right><!-- controls -->Fork (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newthread.php?fork=1&do=newthread&p=2842529) Reply (w/Quote) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2842529) Quick Reply (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2842529) <!-- / controls --> #10 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2842529&postcount=10) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175><!-- vbPlaza start --><!-- vbPlaza end -->The Juice Is Loose (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=27371)
#27371 <!-- v3 Arcade --><!-- /v3 Arcade --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2842529", true); </SCRIPT>
<!-- vbPlaza start -->Registered User
<!-- vbPlaza end -->
<!-- show awards --><!-- /show awards -->
</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2842529><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Re: I'm Pretty Sure I Was The First One To Call It <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/bzstyle2/buttons/post_thanks.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=2842529) <!-- End Post Thank You Hack -->
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->whoop tee doo how am i supposed to know about the f'n deal

i'm just happy they signed him. and just so you guys know all you negative ace-clowns are the reason this region sucks. its nothing but douche bags. so all the cool people, hot chicks and rich people leave.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FlyingDutchman
04-06-2009, 12:16 PM
that might have not gotten you off on the best foot with everyone here. There was a few others but I remembered this one. You have gotten a lot better lately though. Ive been trying not to take people so seriously on here and it has toned things down a lot

madness
04-06-2009, 01:29 PM
if they are indeed personal attacks....report them: plain and simple

It's not that simple. Posters skirt the TOS like a politician skirting the Constitution. I've seen new posters get bashed repeatedly in a single thread but no one "actually did anything wrong."

It's almost as annoying as the Grammar Nazi's.

The last buffalo fan
04-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm too old for this crap! :ill:

chernobylwraiths
04-06-2009, 02:04 PM
It's not that simple. Posters skirt the TOS like a politician skirting the Constitution. I've seen new posters get bashed repeatedly in a single thread but no one "actually did anything wrong."

It's almost as annoying as the Grammar Nazi's.

I don't believe grammar needs to be capitalized here. :D

psubills62
04-06-2009, 02:12 PM
1. I don't think making a bunch of new posts is a huge problem, except when most of the first page is filled with those threads. If five different threads on various trade possibilities for Peters are taking away from people being able to see other good threads, then it is a problem. In that case, the mods can just merge the threads, but it's not usually just a matter of "well, don't click on it then."

Generally, though, I agree that people who are excited about the team shouldn't just be shot down even if they do spam the boards more than most posters.

2. Concerning grammar, I probably have an unpopular opinion, but I'm just going to state it for the record.

I'll qualify my opinion by saying that I am not, in any way, an expert on grammar. I probably use too many commas. I start a lot of sentences with prepositions (that rule is bogus, though). I grew up with very good spelling ability, though I'm not the best typist and I still make mistakes. I also use ellipses too often.

That being said, I generally have more respect for people who express their written opinion in a grammatically correct way, and I respect people more when they spell words correctly. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I was raised. And no, I'm not a senior citizen; I'm 23 years old.

Someone who takes the time to formulate their opinion in a way that other people can easily understand it is much more likely to receive my respect. I understand that this is a message board, but which post would you be more likely to consider worthwhile:

1. dood, it wuz totully losermans fault
2. Losman was at fault for that play.

The merits of the argument aside, I would be much more open to listening to the 2nd opinion, personally. I would imagine that that poster is more likely to back up his/her argument with logical points. Maybe I'm a bad person for thinking that, but I certainly don't think that I am.

Again, I'm not an expert in the subject of written English, but if you can't use simple fundamental grammar (e.g. capitalization, use of periods, etc.) in your posts, then you'll probably have to work harder to convince me your opinion is worth reading.

Night Train
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Maybe he works for Madden and is using all of you as test cases.

Mudflap1
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
1. I don't think making a bunch of new posts is a huge problem, except when most of the first page is filled with those threads. If five different threads on various trade possibilities for Peters are taking away from people being able to see other good threads, then it is a problem. In that case, the mods can just merge the threads, but it's not usually just a matter of "well, don't click on it then."

Generally, though, I agree that people who are excited about the team shouldn't just be shot down even if they do spam the boards more than most posters.

2. Concerning grammar, I probably have an unpopular opinion, but I'm just going to state it for the record.

I'll qualify my opinion by saying that I am not, in any way, an expert on grammar. I probably use too many commas. I start a lot of sentences with prepositions (that rule is bogus, though). I grew up with very good spelling ability, though I'm not the best typist and I still make mistakes. I also use ellipses too often.

That being said, I generally have more respect for people who express their written opinion in a grammatically correct way, and I respect people more when they spell words correctly. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I was raised. And no, I'm not a senior citizen; I'm 23 years old.

Someone who takes the time to formulate their opinion in a way that other people can easily understand it is much more likely to receive my respect. I understand that this is a message board, but which post would you be more likely to consider worthwhile:

The merits of the argument aside, I would be much more open to listening to the 2nd opinion, personally. I would imagine that that poster is more likely to back up his/her argument with logical points. Maybe I'm a bad person for thinking that, but I certainly don't think that I am.

Again, I'm not an expert in the subject of written English, but if you can't use simple fundamental grammar (e.g. capitalization, use of periods, etc.) in your posts, then you'll probably have to work harder to convince me your opinion is worth reading.

Good post! I'm going to agree with you here.

Philagape
04-06-2009, 03:36 PM

That you're even talking about those things puts you in a pretty high percentile, English-wise. :up:

DrGraves
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
You shouldn't be allowed to post if you are just proposing crazy "madden like" trades... and aweful mock drafts.

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
You shouldn't be allowed to post if you are just proposing crazy "madden like" trades... and aweful mock drafts.

Don't read them.

Buckets
04-06-2009, 04:15 PM

Can we start a "lets pretend" zone?

DrGraves
04-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Don't read them.

My eyes and brain shouldn't have to be burdened by having to sort good threads from bad... lol

Nighthawk
04-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't read them.

Very true and that's my feeling too. However, if that is the case then those types of posters should also expect to be criticized also. It goes both ways.

X-Era
04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Very true and that's my feeling too. However, if that is the case then those types of posters should also expect to be criticized also. It goes both ways.

Id agree except that the criticism ought to be tempered overall, but especially when were talking about someone so young.

Id trade negativity for over-exuberance any day of the week.

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Criticism, when constructive and critical of the post, is one thing. The holier than thou over the person is another.

But, yes, one should expect differing opinions and thoughts.

jamze132
04-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Ummmmm.....

Yeah. The smilie would indicate to those of use with nominal intelligence that it just might have been intentional.
Intelligence Nazi!

Buffalogic
04-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Haha I come here to read bills topics and I'll read a thread title that interests me and I'll click on it to open it. Then I'll be (not)surprised to see it's another Mit59 useless spam thread and have to click back to the main forum lol. That gets kind of old.

Then you people saying just don't read it, lol. I come here to casually read about other bills fans opinions, but now I have to scour the forum like a human hawk so I don't get a junk thread?? All when I just want to read a couple of bills related posts? Funny. And the title of the thread is so much larger than the posters name, I don't see, or care who starts a thread, I care about the topic.

It's been cute for a while, but come on.

jamze132
04-07-2009, 05:26 AM
Haha I come here to read bills topics and I'll read a thread title that interests me and I'll click on it to open it. Then I'll be (not)surprised to see it's another Mit59 useless spam thread and have to click back to the main forum lol. That gets kind of old.

Then you people saying just don't read it, lol. I come here to casually read about other bills fans opinions, but now I have to scour the forum like a human hawk so I don't get a junk thread?? All when I just want to read a couple of bills related posts? Funny. And the title of the thread is so much larger than the posters name, I don't see, or care who starts a thread, I care about the topic.

Message boards a like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get.

X-Era
04-07-2009, 06:01 AM

NO, theres no reason we should blast anyone for posting.

Dont you think I got sick of the endless Losman sucks threads, or the Flutie RJ debate, or now the trade Peters threads? Hell yeah I did. But its no reason to blast the posters. They have the right just like you or I.

Besides, who decides? Maybe someone starts to find your posts annoying and starts blasting all of your thoughts.

psubills62
04-07-2009, 08:23 AM
That you're even talking about those things puts you in a pretty high percentile, English-wise. :up:

Haha, I would certainly hope not, but I guess I wouldn't be too surprised.

kgun12
04-07-2009, 10:23 AM

I agree with this post. It is nice to see a young person with this atittude. We have always prided ourselves on this board for at least trying to use coreect spelling and grammer. Lowering our standard so we don't offend folks is silly! It offend most of us here to read the text like crap some are posting with. God forbid we uphold our standads. There comes a point where enough is enough. Keep things they way they have always been here, I think this is one of the things at has made our site better than the rest.

Buffalogic
04-07-2009, 02:42 PM
NO, theres no reason we should blast anyone for posting.

Dont you think I got sick of the endless Losman sucks threads, or the Flutie RJ debate, or now the trade Peters threads? Hell yeah I did. But its no reason to blast the posters. They have the right just like you or I.

Besides, who decides? Maybe someone starts to find your posts annoying and starts blasting all of your thoughts. No what? Nobody is asking you anything...

I really don't care what topics you get sick of, we're talking about Mit59 his useless spam threads, not your Losman love. People will find me annoying because Mit59 and my posting styles are oh so similar, right? :rolleyes: lol Get a grip EE.

shelby
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
i'd like to keep this thread open because it's generating a valuable discussion about tolerance in general. Let's not make things personal, gentlemen.

i've always said that no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read any thread on this message board.

Be nice. Abide by the TOS. And use your ability to read threads selectively. Problem solved.

Mercy
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I agree with this post. It is nice to see a young person with this atittude. We have always prided ourselves on this board for at least trying to use coreect spelling and grammer. Lowering our standard so we don't offend folks is silly! It offend most of us here to read the text like crap some are posting with. God forbid we uphold our standads. There comes a point where enough is enough. Keep things they way they have always been here, I think this is one of the things at has made our site better than the rest.Grammar? Spelling and grammar count? Does neatness count?

Mercy
04-07-2009, 03:05 PM
i'd like to keep this thread open because it's generating a valuable discussion about tolerance in general. Let's not make things personal, gentlemen.

i've always said that no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read any thread on this message board.

Be nice. Abide by the TOS. And use your ability to read threads selectively. Problem solved.I agree. I personally don't understand the crybabies who get a bug up their ass about some poster or other. If they bother you, ignore them.

Buffalogic
04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Ya and the point is you can't ignore the their threads on the main forum. Those posts are like big pits with leaves over the top of them disguising what is inside. They should either expand the affect of the ignore feature or create a kids' table.

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Ya and the point is you can't ignore the their threads on the main forum. They should either expand the affect of the ignore feature or create a kids' table.

There are a few easy steps you can take:

1. Add the offending party to your ignore list.

2. If you see a thread started by the offending party , do not read it.

3. When you see a post by the offending party do not read it.

Buffalogic
04-07-2009, 03:17 PM
So that goes back to my original point. Now I can't just come here and read about the bills, I have to look around the board searching for horrible threads haha. That's such a silly stance. The thread title is way bigger than the posters name. Who cares who created the thread? I don't. But now I have to spend my time looking so I don't fall into the spam trap, or the other trap, or the other one...

Mercy
04-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Why don't you look for good ones?

Luisito23
04-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Add the offending party to your ignore list.

Sorry ....... is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

:nana:

B-DON
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Ummm is Mitchell the kid here or is it the "grown" posters who are complaining about threads? I cant tell

Buffalogic
04-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I click on a thread that says 'Mock Draft' and open to find it's full of a bunch of ridiculous scenarios and trades that end up giving the bills six number one draft choices this year. Well, back to my main forum....Hence the trap.

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2009, 04:11 PM
:nana:

:banned:

HHURRICANE
04-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I post stuff for entertainment and dialogue. If people don't like a thread, or aren't enetertained that I wouldn't get the hits.

If you don't like it than post a thread that's better or more interesting.

It's really that simple.

Buffalogic
04-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Not everybody is competing for 'hits' lol. If you want to post drivel to get attention be my guest, because any kind of attention is still attention right? lol.

Nighthawk
04-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Honestly, there is no right thing to do regarding this subject. I agree that people should just ignore the threads they don't like and I agree that there are some on this board that post junk just to post something. The only way for this to be effectively taken care of is for people to have more patience and for the people who start these "junk" threads to try harder to bring a little bit more to the table. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong...I see both sides.

X-Era
04-07-2009, 05:55 PM
Ya and the point is you can't ignore the their threads on the main forum. Those posts are like big pits with leaves over the top of them disguising what is inside. They should either expand the affect of the ignore feature or create a kids' table.
So let me get this straight... when you fall into this "trap":

You are forced to:

1) Left click on the thread title of the post
2) Read the first entry of that post

So, you use your eyes which your using anyways, and one finger?

I mean, I feel horrible for you... you must "waste" something like 60 seconds and expend like 0.00025 calories on that task.

"Disguising"? Really? Yes, its an evil plan hatched by a 15 year old, to force posters to suffer through reading his posts. I mean come on man. Maybe when the title includes words like "mock draft" it fools you, but I think I'm able to get the gist of what the content is. Maybe you could read below the title and see who started the thread? Maybe you could choose not to read this posters threads? You still do read them, my guess is because you like some of the content.

Are we really serious here? I mean if someone is causing you physical injury, or affecting your wallet, or disrespecting you directly, I could see an argument. But you simply want the main page to look the way YOU want it look? And clicking on a thread that doesn't have the right content is an unacceptable thing in you book?

How sorry we all should be that we aren't managing the board to suit the exceptionally strict manner in which some would like it kept.

Seriously, we are taking ourselves WAY too seriously.

We don't need censors, we don't need editors, we need mutual respect and patience for each other... Sorry, but that post has NONE of that in my mind.

X-Era
04-07-2009, 06:07 PM
So that goes back to my original point. Now I can't just come here and read about the bills, I have to look around the board searching for horrible threads haha. That's such a silly stance. The thread title is way bigger than the posters name. Who cares who created the thread? I don't. But now I have to spend my time looking so I don't fall into the spam trap, or the other trap, or the other one...
:rolleyes:

:drama:

It sounds like a free, fan message board on the internet may not be right for you.

X-Era
04-07-2009, 06:09 PM
I post stuff for entertainment and dialogue. If people don't like a thread, or aren't enetertained that I wouldn't get the hits.

If you don't like it than post a thread that's better or more interesting.

It's really that simple.

Thank you!

I wont lie, Im not a fan of some of your threads but they still add content, they still add a valuable opinion, and more often than not, your not the only person who feels that way.

That means I should be patient and realize that you bring value to the board... so does the person in question... its just that simple to me.

kelly2reed4six
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm all for the posts....why the hell not?! There is pretty much nothing else exciting to talk about right now until the draft, so why not get creative sometimes.....i'm pretty sure it's not going to hurt anyone.

kgun12
04-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Grammar? Spelling and grammar count? Does neatness count?

You are correct! Yes neatness counts. See you are getting the hang of it. Isn't it fun holding people to higher standards?

Mercy
04-07-2009, 09:34 PM
I prefer holding them to lower standards, actually. I'm easy that way. Maybe that's why my blood pressure tends to be on the low side.

kgun12
04-07-2009, 09:37 PM
I prefer holding them to lower standards, actually. I'm easy that way. Maybe that's why my blood pressure tends to be on the low side.

I know that. I guess you didn't get my sarcasm.

Mercy
04-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I know that.How would you know that?
I guess you didn't get my sarcasm.I thought it was witty banter.

HHURRICANE
04-11-2009, 10:49 AM

Thank you!

I wont lie, Im not a fan of some of your threads but they still add content, they still add a valuable opinion, and more often than not, your not the only person who feels that way.

That means I should be patient and realize that you bring value to the board... so does the person in question... its just that simple to me.

The funny part is that the guys that are the most critical about "junk" threads never post a thread.

It's alot easier to criticize than actually put an original thought out there.

I also love how people refer to "attention". If my life is centered around attention on this board than I don't have a life.

I met some of the zoners the last time I was in Buffalo and I think they can attest to the fact that I have a few more things going on in my life.

This board needs posters and contributors.