• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

A few trends around here

1) I think were getting borderline nasty towards some of our young members because they are excitable and want to make lots of posts. I dont think thats right. We accept all kinds of fans here including fans from other teams, even rival teams, but we chastise a Bills fan simply because hes young and likes to make lots of posts? Im sure we all can think of a poster or two thats annoying, I know I have my list, but where do you draw the line? At this point, some people are getting picked on and hammered just because they are young... whats next? old? race? religion? People are allowed to post here freely, thats part of what makes it a great board. And you may find it annoying to have to suffer through looking at a new post every day, or hour... ohh the horror. But if we dont like it dont read. Id like to see us be more tolerant of posters even if we find them annoying.

2) Last time I checked this isnt an English class. We have some posters that are trying to become professors of English apparently. This just in, your (<- yes spelled wrong and I like it that way) not getting paid to teach here, were not coming here to learn, and no one is being graded. We have posters that come here that speak broken or bad English and its funny, but then we get posts correcting people who aren't hyphenating or conjugating correctly. I say lets give up that fight. For me, I use the spell check and will go back and edit if I screw up a word, but not always. If I feel lazy that day I wont... and believe it or not, that's OK! Its a flippin message board.

Seriously, can we observe a bit more tolerance and find a way to be more patient? Even if its annoying? Its the variety that makes the board the best on the net... lets not let bad attitudes or impatience stunt the activity.

PS, I hope this stays on the main board for a bit to get the most reads
    Last edited by X-Era; 04-05-2009, 08:42 AM.

• SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: A few trends around here

some people have their nose so far up the higher up's asses that they probably won't be able to read this.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
      some people have their nose so far up the higher up's asses that they probably won't be able to read this.
      I thanked you because you seem to agree with my statements. As far as ass kissing, I honestly dont know who or how much so I cant comment on that.

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla admin
        • Jul 2002

i think you raise some valid points about tolerance.

The grammar smack is just that....i do it myself....it amuses me. No offense is intended.

You're. i'm just sayin'.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
          i think you raise some valid points about tolerance.

The grammar smack is just that....i do it myself....it amuses me. No offense is intended.

You're. i'm just sayin'.

the grammar smack is just ribbing but when a young kid is passionate about his football team, he shouldn't get cut down for his ideas. for all we know, he could be right. though i agree he somewhat overdoes it a bit, it seems to be a breath of fresh air compared to the other crap going on for the last 3 years. tis the season where everybody and their father has mock drafts and ideas about what their team needs to do. there sure as hell nothing else going on.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            the grammar smack is just ribbing but when a young kid is passionate about his football team, he shouldn't get cut down for his ideas. for all we know, he could be right. though i agree he somewhat overdoes it a bit, it seems to be a breath of fresh air compared to the other crap going on for the last 3 years. tis the season where everybody and their father has mock drafts and ideas about what their team needs to do. there sure as hell nothing else going on.

Exactly!

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised at how far it goes at times. How nasty some people get and aren't called out on it.

I agree that hes a breath of fresh air and I like the exuberance... many of us, including me, have become negative as of late (not without good reason). So, its nice to have someone bring some enthusiasm back into the picture.

I just don't think we should be chasing anyone off.

Comment

• shelby
              The Vanilla admin
              • Jul 2002

i agree with both of you. Well said.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

gotta say i'm prob one of the younger members and no1 is being nasty to me but i still see what yur saying

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2009

if i wanted to be corrected on my grammar i'd go to my grandmother's house

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2009

i think the bashing of opinions is over the line. there is a difference between a debate and and just being mean.

i honestly haven't really posted anything mean other than in retaliation, and look at my rep, horrible. i have had some good posts here.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      gotta say i'm prob one of the younger members and no1 is being nasty to me but i still see what yur saying
                      I am pretty sure there is a certain poster who Edwards is referring to. I don't think you start a thread every time you exhale.
                      Last edited by jamze132; 04-05-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                        !?!?!?!?!?
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jamze132
                        I am pretty sure there is a certain poster who Edwards is referring to. I don't think you start a thread every time you exhale.
                        ahahaha ik who he's referring to

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

I dont hate anyone. And dont care about peoples spelling. There is one person not that I cant stand him it just gets sickening seeing every thought he has to be posted in a new thread. Maybe make one thread called Mich59s thread

I dont hate the kid and sometimes when he does have a good one people still rip on him now thats not right.
                          Last edited by SquishDaFish; 04-05-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                            I dont hate anyone. And dont care about peoples spelling. There is one person not that I cant stand him it just gets sickening seeing every thought he has to be posted in a new thread. Maybe make one thread called Mich59s thread

I dont hate the kid and sometimes when he does have a good one people still rip on him now thats not right.
                            And my point is that its your option not to read.

Theres probably not a single person here that isnt annoyed from time to time at someone or some thing on the board...

I was annoyed at a mock that I saw recently. I thought about whether to respond or not. But why? Why slam some posters thoughts? It isnt worth it. And truth be know, many people responded and liked the thought.

You know when we need to worry about whether a poster is bringing any value or not? When they are posting lots of posts and no one is responding.

Yet the person I'm referring to continues to get lots of responses and not all negative... Translation- his opinion is worth something and is relevant. And because of that fact, I think its our job to show patience.

Truth be know, I don't agree with a lot of what that person posts, but he brings variety and I appreciate it. And as I said before, its nice to have the different perspective... all Bills fans aren't one age or of one opinion.

The diversity of the board makes it great.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                              man amongst boys
                              • Oct 2008

Ive always liked you EdwardsEra and I agree with you fully. But, my sarcastic remarks against the number of posts young people make *ahem* Mitchell59 *ahem* are all in good fun and no hurt intended. :) In fact I like his posts. They keep me on my toes. Which "last mock" will be the LAST mock? Which player is the new hot commodity!? haha. all in good fun. I do enjoy this board.
                              I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X