PDA

View Full Version : The Only D End I Really Want

The Juice Is Loose
04-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Robert Ayers.

Every year it seems like it's the guy that quietly climbs the board that ends up being the best pro.

Orakpo has bust written all over him, I'm sorry. Give me one UT player drafted high that lived up to their expectations, over the last 20 years.

Young, Huff, M Williams, Sweed, Simms, the list goes on and on. Dockery. Lets stay away from UT.

Ayers is big enough for our 4-3 but not too big.

The only other player I'd be excited about would be Raji. If he popped for marajuana he's just one of the 75% of the league that I truly believe smokes. He can play and being from BC, he's used to our climate.

IDK about you guys, and I know this draft has already been talked to death...but I'm bored and I'm trying to drum up some support to pick Ayers at 11!

FlyingDutchman
04-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Sweed is a bust already? He just finished his rookie year. Vince Young made the pro bowl. I wouldnt call him a bust. A mental case yes, but not a bust. just curious, what is it about Orakpo that has bust written all over him?

acehole
04-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I like him because of mayock. I thinks he is one of the best evaluaters out there.....

I am worried of the Erik Flowers syndrom.

I have him as my #1 pick in my mock that you bums dont give a crap I spent 20 min on...

Robert Ayers.

Every year it seems like it's the guy that quietly climbs the board that ends up being the best pro.

Orakpo has bust written all over him, I'm sorry. Give me one UT player drafted high that lived up to their expectations, over the last 20 years.

Young, Huff, M Williams, Sweed, Simms, the list goes on and on. Dockery. Lets stay away from UT.

The only other player I'd be excited about would be Raji. If he popped for marajuana he's just one of the 75% of the league that I truly believe smokes. He can play and being from BC, he's used to our climate.

IDK about you guys, and I know this draft has already been talked to death...but I'm bored and I'm trying to drum up some support to pick Ayers at 11!

Lefty2985
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
robert ayers has good size but 3 sacks this year. yes 1 1/2 in the senior bowl but we need sacks not run stopping de.. through out his college stats he doesnt have many sacks thats my only concern with him. i would not be against drafting him if orakpo is gone but if orakpo is there though you cant pass him up. and if you are gonna call UT players bust i am gonna guess you prob. shouldnt like everrett brown from FSU either correct?

The Juice Is Loose
04-05-2009, 12:07 PM
idk why i think orakpo is gonna be a bust...just theres always been a tendancy for the "freak athlete workout warriors" to be "freak athlete workout warriors on injured reserve"

Oaf
04-05-2009, 12:13 PM
And then there's Bruce?

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2009, 01:00 PM
idk why i think orakpo is gonna be a bust...just theres always been a tendancy for the "freak athlete workout warriors" to be "freak athlete workout warriors on injured reserve"
Orakpo is a hard worker though....the other ones are cocky SOBs Orakpo works hard

The Juice Is Loose
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
oh, he just makes me nervous. just a sick feeling.

when bruce got drafted, i was 4, so i didn't have an opinion on it.

that was 1985, this is 2009, i'm just remind of guys like gholston when i see the guy.

Mitchell55
04-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Orakpo= Justin Tuck
Ayers= Aaron Kampton
Everette= Jason Taylor

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Orakpo= Justin Tuck
Ayers= Aaron Kampton
Everette= Jason Taylor
i'd take any of them

Tatonka
04-05-2009, 05:52 PM
orakpo has bust written all over him but ayers started one year and had 3 sacks as a DE??

whatever.

DraftBoy
04-05-2009, 05:54 PM
orakpo has bust written all over him but ayers started one year and had 3 sacks as a DE??

whatever.

Its because Orakpo is from Texas, and sadly Im being serious.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Robert Ayers.

He worries me as well.

There is no way to know what you might get. Could he turn out to be Dwight Freeney or could he be the next Jerome McDougle or Michael Haynes.

Late bloomers really scare me at times. If he was a physical freak I might tend to be more for it thinking that he may just need development time. But he isn't a freak at anything really. I watched commentary on him the other day and it was noteworthy that when the commentator went back and watched more tape on him, he really started to stand out. He could just be a guy thats flown under the radar.

Thats the best case scenario. But Im leaning towards favoring either a small school guy like Sidbury or an underachiever like Johnson who has everything you want at that point.

Im quietly hoping for Brown to be honest. I see so much I like. Hes undersized, yes, but he makes all the plays you want.

If I had a choice between Rey Maualuga and Everrette Brown it would be hard.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Orakpo= Justin Tuck
Ayers= Aaron Kampton
Everette= Jason Taylor

Let's get two of the three and cut Kelsay and trade Schobel. That would be an awesome draft!!