PDA

View Full Version : Some notes from the last mini camp....LeBeau in charge!?

Michael82
05-14-2003, 04:55 PM
I just got the latest issue of Shout magazine and was looking thru it and they had an inside look at Bills Mini Camp. Well, the first thing that they noted was something that caught me by surprise....

"The first practice seemed to indicate that assistant head coach Dick LeBeau might take over more of defensive coordinator Jerry Gray's duties than anyone thought. During 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 drills, LeBeau stood on the field near the defensive huddle, talking to players before and atfer each each snap. Gray stood on the sideline with defensive assistant Chuck Lester and sent in calls to the defensive backs using hand signals. Typically, coordinators stand near the huddle as plays are being discussed before and after they happen. LeBeau looked more like a coordinator than Gray, who seemed to be involved exclusively with the secondary."

So, apparently...LeBeau is starting to take charge and Gray is getting pushed away? Hmmm. Could this be what TD had planned all along? Who really is going to be the official DC and who is just going to be an assistant? I think that LeBeau will have his hands all over the defense and it will work for the better. Then you will see him get pushed into the DC position without officially getting the title.

The next thing that caught my eye was this quote.....

"Sam Adams' signing might have fired up under tackle Ron Edwards. He showed more intensity in half an hour than during his two years with the Bills. In individual drills he whacked around tackling dummies with vicious hand swings. In a one-on-one drill against Pucillo, Edwards moved with force and was very animated. It appears that Edwards is on the right track......Ron Edwards, on two occasions during the 11-on-11, slipped by his blockers and created pressure up the middle. Starting Center Trey Teague wasn't in camp, but regardless, Edwards game seems to be undergoing a major transformation."

It sounds like training camp is going to be VERY fun to watch. Lots of battles for the backup positions and heck, even some starting positions. I can't wait!!! :gobills:

venis2k1
05-14-2003, 04:58 PM
:bf1:

ArcticWildMan
05-14-2003, 05:06 PM
He'll be handling most of GW's duties by the season's end, you watch ;)

Michael82
05-14-2003, 05:10 PM
ya, he probably will. :D Check out my second addition to the notes. That is pretty good to see. It's about time that Edwards steps up! :up:

SoCalBillsFan
05-14-2003, 05:10 PM
awesome! that's what I like to hear!

justasportsfan
05-14-2003, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't read much into it Mike. For all you know GW just wanted to see what Lebeau inputs are. He already knows Gray.

Fans already creating controversy. Go back to sleep will ya!! :snicker: :jk:

WCoastFin
05-14-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I just got the latest issue of Shout magazine and was looking thru it and they had an inside look at Bills Mini Camp. Well, the first thing that they noted was something that caught me by surprise....

So, apparently...LeBeau is starting to take charge and Gray is getting pushed away? Hmmm. Could this be what TD had planned all along? Who really is going to be the official DC and who is just going to be an assistant? I think that LeBeau will have his hands all over the defense and it will work for the better. Then you will see him get pushed into the DC position without officially getting the title.

The next thing that caught my eye was this quote.....

It sounds like training camp is going to be VERY fun to watch. Lots of battles for the backup positions and heck, even some starting positions. I can't wait!!! :gobills:

I cant wait till the 2 DC's start disagreeing on the calls!:bf1:

SABURZFAN
05-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

I cant wait till the 2 DC's start disagreeing on the calls!:bf1:

i can't wait until the tattoo resembles a minnow when your arm starts to shrink.:snicker:

justasportsfan
05-14-2003, 10:34 PM
If both coaches do great together, Fiedler will stick his broken thumb up his @$$ and ask to be taken out of the game and Griese will voluntarily check himself in AA just to avoid Spikes, Adams , Pat and co.

Wanny will then take it out on Zach by putting his hands over his crotch and tell Zach to get on his knees .....again.

Tatonka
05-14-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

i can't wait until the tattoo resembles a minnow when your arm starts to shrink.:snicker:

you really think it could be smaller??:brace:

WCoastFin
05-14-2003, 10:41 PM

I dont get what this has to do with the title of this thread?? :confused:

justasportsfan
05-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Lol! Tat and Saburz.

Earthquake Enyart
05-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Hey!! Eb met Grey!! Wonder what insight he has? :huh:

HenryRules
05-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Gray was a star CB and a good CB coach as well, maybe he just wants to focus his attention on our DB's considering how young they all are and some (i.e. Wire) are also learning their position.

TedMock
05-15-2003, 08:44 AM

Shrink?! I don't think that's possible. An arm can only get so small. :)

mush69
05-16-2003, 05:52 AM
I though it was a guppie with a helmet on in the first place.