PDA

View Full Version : Tim Graham says that Peters should net the Bills a 1st and 3rd...

Michael82
04-05-2009, 12:17 PM
If that is the case, I would do the deal immediately. Rumor has it that it's not just a money issue. Jason Peters wants to get out of Buffalo for some reason and there are quite a few teams that are interested....

Matt (Syracuse): Tim, what do you do with Peters if you're the Bills. Would you make him the highest paid LT in the league, or do you trade him and open up another hole on the line?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: They have to trade him. Or hire Henry Kissinger.

BILLS FANS: TRUE OR FALSE: THE BUFFALO BILLS AND JASON PETERS WILL EVENTUALLY COME TO AGREEMENT ON TERMS OF A LONG TERM CONTRACT TO REMAIN IN BUFFALO?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: False

W-S, NC: Tim, if the Bills should trade Peters, which team do you think would be most interested and what's fair compensation?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: Philly is mentioned most often because of their need and the fact they have the picks. A first-rounder and a third-rounder could get it done.

John(Buffalo): So basically you see the Buffalo Bills trading LT Jason Peters? Will we get a 1st rd pick for him atleast?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: I do see Peters bringing back a first-rounder. I wasn't convinced a few weeks ago, but the more people I speak with about it, the more that seems probable.

Robert (Latrobe, PA): So who will be stepping in for Peters after his probable trade?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: Excellent question. We're still trying to find out who'll be replacing Derrick Dockery. But this situation is evolving to a point where the Bills might have no choice. This isn't a decision that hinges on who the replacement will be.

char (NJ): if chad johnson was forced to stay in cincy...can't the bills use that as an example and force peters to stay?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: I have the strong impression Peters doesn't care about other examples. He's doing his thing.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25771

realdealryan
04-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I read that yesterday.

Maybe we draft a nice replacement.
Maybe we'll lose him when we don't pay him. Again.
Maybe we're making a bad line worse.
Maybe it doesn't matter because he'll hold out again and doesn't care.
Maybe when we thought we made o-line improvements, we still sucked.

Just get rid of him. I'm sick of this crap.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Peters is getting traded at the same time the team is moving out of Buffalo. These story regurtate over and over and over again.

There is so much BS specualtion going on right now. Getting the 21st pick in the first round for Peters and a 3rd seems like a crappy deal.

If the Bills are forced to trade Peters you can hold the FO 100% responsible.

nateodoms'bff
04-05-2009, 12:54 PM
The truth of the matter is that Marv Levy built a bad offensive line.

Cutting Dockery, and having Chambers start is a lateral move, and is great for the check book. No one can say that Chambers is worse than Dockery, so even minor improvement is improvement.

Peters is whole other can of beans. He's REALLY GOOD. REALLY GOOD. But he is not worth 11 million + to the Bills. That's the truth. Could the Bills draft a LT that gives up 11 sacks a season? Absolutely. Will he cost 11 million a season? Nope.

So there's the answer. The next question is, what do they do with the extra picks...

Michael82
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM

I agree. I'm so sick of his crap too. If he won't even come close to $10 million, Peters can go **** himself and I would trade him to the highest bidder at the draft. I hope it's Detroit, so he can rot there. :up:

Saratoga Slim
04-05-2009, 01:11 PM

That's a very limited view of the situation. If Peters won't compromise anything on his demand for 11.5M a year, you can hold him 100% responsible.

He's a great player, but the combination of his so-so play last year and his general attitude toward the team simply do not warrant writing him a blank check. Does he deserve more than he's getting? Yup. Is he such a critical element of this team that we need to pay whatever he asks to get him back? Nope.

Michael82
04-05-2009, 01:17 PM
That's a very limited view of the situation. If Peters won't compromise anything on his demand for 11.5M a year, you can hold him 100% responsible.

He's a great player, but the combination of his so-so play last year and his general attitude toward the team simply do not warrant writing him a blank check. Does he deserve more than he's getting? Yup. Is he such a critical element of this team that we need to pay whatever he asks to get him back? Nope.
Great post! :bf1:

feldspar
04-05-2009, 01:37 PM

BS.

The Bills are willing to pay him top 5 money, but he wants to be paid as the top LT in the entire league, which he isn't. The negotiations seem to be one-sided as well. Peters isn't negotiating, he is making a demand, it seems to me.

The top paid LT in the league is making $1.5 million more than the second highest paid LT. This wouldn't be the case had the Dolphins not drafted a LT as the #1 pick last year, which drove the market up considerably. Peters gave up 11.5 sacks last year. 31 other LTs did better, and Peters only played 13 games. I'd love to keep him, but he is being unreasonable.

There are the intangibles as well. The guy's holdout hurt the team last year. He seem uncommunitive. I'm really starting to dislike him. He should just take the $9 million and STFU. If it's all about the money and nothing else, I don't want him on my team anyway. We did a lot to make his fat ass in the first place, and who is to say what his motivation will be after he we pay him our right nut?

clumping platelets
04-05-2009, 01:38 PM
I want a 1st, player, and pick in 2010

Ebenezer
04-05-2009, 05:57 PM
if Peters wants gone then trade him.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2009, 06:01 PM

The Bills created his unreasonable demand when they decided to stick to their guns and pay him as the 3rd lineman even though he was number 1.

Would he have accepted 8 million a year last year? Yes.

The Bills overpaid for Dockery and it is now biting them in the ass. Sorry 100% their fault.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 06:03 PM

So fine, then you wonty complain at all next year if we have no 1000+ yard receiver or RB and end up with a worse record than 7-9?

I'm just saying that its easy to make a statement like that about just being sick of it, but its hard to stomach what the aftermath may look like.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 06:05 PM
The truth of the matter is that Marv Levy built a bad offensive line.

Cutting Dockery, and having Chambers start is a lateral move, and is great for the check book. No one can say that Chambers is worse than Dockery, so even minor improvement is improvement.

Peters is whole other can of beans. He's REALLY GOOD. REALLY GOOD. But he is not worth 11 million + to the Bills. That's the truth. Could the Bills draft a LT that gives up 11 sacks a season? Absolutely. Will he cost 11 million a season? Nope.

So there's the answer. The next question is, what do they do with the extra picks...
Ok great... what are you thinking we should do with the money we pocket from these moves? Better yet, what are the Bills likely to do?.......... The answer is about nothing.

And then, this non-playoff, perpetually mediocre team is even worse than last year.

Go ahead and draft a OT, but keep Peters as well. Hes under contract. If he doesnt show up, your no worse off than if we didnt have Peters, if he does we have the option to play whomever we want and can develop the youngster to make it an easier move to trade him if we like.

Patti120
04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I agree with most comments here from both sides but is Peters just such a douche or is there something else going on here? Many have suggested that there is something inherently wrong with the team and its culture and maybe he feels like the team is going no where? If that's the case what message does that send to other players around the league?

I think he's just being a douche and needs to go because of that but if he would get his **** together and if the bills and him could come to an agreement it would definitely make things much less complicated. I don't want to see us draft another Mike Williams, etc.

realdealryan
04-05-2009, 06:21 PM
So fine, then you wonty complain at all next year if we have no 1000+ yard receiver or RB and end up with a worse record than 7-9?

I'm just saying that its easy to make a statement like that about just being sick of it, but its hard to stomach what the aftermath may look like.

Sure I'll complain. But if he won't sign, what are we missing out on?

I'm not saying "trade him" because I'm sick of headlines, I'm saying it because he likely won't be in uniform for us again anyway.

I'd rather get a pick this year than watch the FO deal with another holdout. Chambers is going to compete for LG, Walker moves to LT, new guy at RT........

X-Era
04-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Sure I'll complain. But if he won't sign, what are we missing out on?

I'm not saying "trade him" because I'm sick of headlines, I'm saying it because he likely won't be in uniform for us again anyway.

I'd rather get a pick this year than watch the FO deal with another holdout. Chambers is going to compete for LG, Walker moves to LT, new guy at RT........

Were missing out on at least depth. No way he holds out for the whole year... no way.

OK, we start Chambers and Walker at LT, and a rookie at RT. What happens if ANY of those 3 get injured? If that doesn't scare the **** out of you, I don't know what will.

realdealryan
04-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Were missing out on at least depth. No way he holds out for the whole year... no way.

OK, we start Chambers and Walker at LT, and a rookie at RT. What happens if ANY of those 3 get injured? If that doesn't scare the **** out of you, I don't know what will.

Absolutely scares me. I think we're getting to the same destination two different ways...I'd rather get two picks right now than get 3/4 of a season out of Peters at POSSIBLY big money. Which scenario is better for depth? Nobody knows. I just have a better feeling about using two extra picks on the o-line, especially since we didn't address OLB in FA.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Some people are going have to get use to the idea that Peters will not be in a Bills uniform this year.

X-Era
04-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Some people are going have to get use to the idea that Peters will not be in a Bills uniform this year.

I will officially get used to the idea when it becomes official.

Lexwhat
04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
So according to Tim Graham, a 1st and a 3rd??

Where's Pat Moran now?

yordad
04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I think we should be after two 1st, or a top 10 and a 3rd.

ddaryl
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM

bullshlt complete and utter bullshlt

There is an 8.5 million offer on the table. Peters has 2 years left on an existing deal. He deserves a raise, and the Bills offered a very generous one. if Peters cannot accpet this range then he is 100% responsible for any trade or holdout.

the offer on the table is very generous, and it sets Peters up for life.

Michael82
04-06-2009, 01:28 PM
bullshlt complete and utter bullshlt

There is an 8.5 million offer on the table. Peters has 2 years left on an existing deal. He deserves a raise, and the Bills offered a very generous one. if Peters cannot accpet this range then he is 10% responsible for any trade or holdout.

the offer on the table is very generous, and it sets Peters up for life.
Don't forget that he's not even trying to meet the Bills in the middle. Trust me, they can offer the piece of **** $10.5 million and he still wouldn't sign. I honestly don't think he likes it here and wants out unless they pay him $12 million.

ddaryl
04-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Don't forget that he's not even trying to meet the Bills in the middle. Trust me, they can offer the piece of **** $10.5 million and he still wouldn't sign. I honestly don't think he likes it here and wants out unless they pay him $12 million.

I would have a hard time arguing against that. Peters seems only interested in staying with the Bills if he is over paid to do so.

Which is why the Bills really should play hardball with him. The Bills need to hold out for a major trade that greatly benefits the Bills or force Peters hand. A simple 1st and 3rd isn't enough IMO regardless of what experts think. They should not trade him to just get rid of a malcontent. The trade has to be capable of making the Bills better and if no one wants to play that game then the Bills need to just make Peters play on his exisitng deal and earn his chance at being a FA.

FlyingDutchman
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
The Bills created his unreasonable demand when they decided to stick to their guns and pay him as the 3rd lineman even though he was number 1.

Would he have accepted 8 million a year last year? Yes.

The Bills overpaid for Dockery and it is now biting them in the ass. Sorry 100% their fault.

youre right in the fact that the Bills were idiots for paying Dockery what they did, but Peters is 100% at fault here hands down.

patmoran2006
04-06-2009, 04:55 PM
So according to Tim Graham, a 1st and a 3rd??

Where's Pat Moran now?
we'll see..
I hope we get a first a second and a third.. damn

actually, I really hope we dont trade him, because there is no rookie that is going to be an upgrade over him, and we sure as hell have a few glaring holes to fill.

Lefty2985
04-06-2009, 06:10 PM
i am sick of having to worry about losing him. look he had a horrible year last year but we do need him but he needs to give a little back. i like demetrius bell but i think he will be good at RT but i dont like langston walket at LT. i dunno anymore i am sick of the games sign him if he is resonable but play hard ball and let him sit on the contract he is under and be underpaid another year.

Lexwhat
04-06-2009, 10:29 PM
we'll see..
I hope we get a first a second and a third.. damn

actually, I really hope we dont trade him, because there is no rookie that is going to be an upgrade over him, and we sure as hell have a few glaring holes to fill.

I agree. Russ Brandon is a manipulative rat. I really thought he meant business after the T.O. deal -- but apparently not.

A line with Butler / Hangartner / Chambers simply isn't good enough to compete against the AFC elite. If we trade away Peters, he's going to be a dominant player on whatever team he plays for. And we'll be stuck with 2nd-rate players (with the exception of Langston Walker).

Then when the season starts, watch us constantly lose the battle in the trenches. I won't be surprised with yet another 7-9 season.

Now we won't even extend Fred Jackson. This team is sad.

Mad Max
04-06-2009, 11:25 PM
This guy is starting to piss me off. He would be bagging groceries if it weren't for the Buffalo Bills taking a chance on and investing great time and effort in him.