PDA

View Full Version : Closer than I thought

trapezeus
04-06-2009, 08:34 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/631229.html

For as inconsistent as the sabres have been and how many games they've just not showed up to, they are still surprisingly close to the 8 spot.

It seems like since miller's injury the team just loses a bunch and then puts a couple wins together. I can't believe they still legitimately have a shot at the 8 spot. after getting swept by the thrashers, i just assumed that it was really hard for them to get in.

Regardless of what happens, we all know they have no shot at doing anything in the playoffs. And now that i've said then, sabres to the win the cup.

OpIv37
04-06-2009, 09:38 AM
One of two things will happen.

The most likely is that Detroit will end it tonight.

The second most likely is that Buffalo wins the next three, NY and FL each lose once, so we have a win and in on Saturday against Boston. Then the Bruins ****ing kill us so Boston has one more thing to hold over our heads. And the Sabres will have successfully raised our hopes before crushing us, as is typical of Buffalo sports.

SabreEleven
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Or how about the Sabres fail to show up on Saturday when Boston rests players and we lose to their 2nd string just like the Bills lost to the Steelers 2nd string a couple years back.

OpIv37
04-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Or how about the Sabres fail to show up on Saturday when Boston rests players and we lose to their 2nd string just like the Bills lost to the Steelers 2nd string a couple years back.

I was at that game.... the only thing more disgusting than the number of people rooting for the Steelers was the way the team played against a bunch of second string nobodies.

JD
04-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I was at that game.... the only thing more disgusting than the number of people rooting for the Steelers was the way the team played against a bunch of second string nobodies.

I'll never forget being at that game, me and my friend just sat there in disbelief after the game ended.. wondering if that really just happened.

Thomas will be on the bench I'm sure, so :horror:

OpIv37
04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I'll never forget being at that game, me and my friend just sat there in disbelief after the game ended.. wondering if that really just happened.

Thomas will be on the bench I'm sure, so :horror:

We have to get through the next 3 first...

JD
04-06-2009, 10:24 AM
We have to get through the next 3 first...
I'm confident we'll get through them, just to build us up for the let down :(