PDA

View Full Version : Bored with the Bills Offseason?

homeslice5484
04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Anyone think we make anymore moves before the draft? I highly doubt it. The linebackers we looked at have since signed with the Texans. I dont really want that TE that was just released. Looks like all the holes left will be filled through the draft. What I do not understand is why we have not signed some veteran OL depth. Isnt that Simmons still out there? There has to be some better oline depth out there than what we have.

I like the mocks that have us taking a DE first, LB second, and that Nelson TE in the 3rd. The rest can be depth. We gotta stop having our backups, especially at LB being ST only players. Backup depth has been very weak in recent years.

On a side note:

Come to a Bandits game! Best atmosphere at a sporting event I have been at in a long time. AND they clinched a playoff birth again this year. Tickets are only 18.00 and the atmosphere is so nice.

I never thought I would like lacrosse...but its actually pretty cool. The bandits play this Friday and end the regular season next Saturday at home. All games are at the HSBC arena. Nothing like it, trust me! I never thought I would enjoy the games as much as I do.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

OpIv37
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't think "bored" is the right word as I don't look for the Bills to make a huge splash in FA. It's not their MO and it rarely works anyway.

I think "disillusioned" or "frustrated" is more like it. The Jets have gotten better, at least on D. The Pats have upgraded mildly, and with Brady coming back, a mild upgrade is more than they need. The Dolphins haven't gained much but they haven't lost anything either and they're on the way up. It's on the Bills to close the gap.

But they did NOTHING except add TO, which means little without an OL. We have gaping holes at LG, DE and OLB, and both Crowell and Cato June signed for next to nothing. We downgraded CB with the loss of Greer, who also signed a contract that's modest in terms of starting CB's. We haven't re-signed Peters. Supposedly the Bills have a fair amount of cap space, but they're sitting on it and doing next to nothing.

If we could have signed June or Crowell and resigned Peters, we'd be going into the draft looking for OG, DE, TE and OL depth- I wouldn't be thrilled with that but I could live with it. Instead, we're going into the draft looking for 3 and potentially 4 starters plus depth, and that's assuming we DON'T trade Peters. This FO is incompetent and the product we will be fielding will be at least as bad as last year, arguably worse.

homeslice5484
04-06-2009, 03:32 PM
yeah thats a better word for it. The jets D looks scary

Ed
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I think things are quiet right now because a lot of free agents are hesitant to sign with teams until they see how the draft plays out.

For example, that vet CB we signed last year, I can't remeber his name. Do you think he would have still signed with the Bills if he knew we were going to draft 3 CB's? Probably not.

Not many teams have done much lately regarding free agency. I think everyone is just getting ready for the draft.

Plus, it's not like you can make a T.O. type signing every week. I don't know how the Bills could have generated much more excitement then that with any other signings.

The offseason is long. It's always boring at certain times.

realdealryan
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm still bored. I'm holding out some hope that the draft will delight me. And I'm watching a 2003 playoff game between the Steelers and Titans. Bored is very appropriate.

SABURZFAN
04-06-2009, 11:41 PM
for the people that are *****ing because they're bored...........

go read Mitchell's threads. :up:

Night Train
04-07-2009, 05:34 AM
As draft day nears, a last minute trade could occur.

There will also be some quality vets cut after draft weekend, victims of salary and the injection of depth at their position.