PDA

View Full Version : John Murphy is clueless!

Nighthawk
04-06-2009, 05:28 PM
He just said that Bills fans have watched Keith Ellison develop into a dependable starter. REALLY???? I understand that he is the voice of the Bills, but comments like that make him look unknowledgable about football.

Mahdi
04-06-2009, 05:40 PM
He just said that Bills fans have watched Keith Ellison develop into a dependable starter. REALLY???? I understand that he is the voice of the Bills, but comments like that make him look unknowledgable about football.
He is dependable....just not an impact player.

Lexwhat
04-06-2009, 05:45 PM
That comment makes Murphy sound like Chris Brown...

sdbillsfan2
04-06-2009, 05:54 PM
That comment makes Murphy sound like Chris Brown...

Really ??? I was thinking more like Charlie Brown.
Heck dependable is a vague term. I can depend on some people to annoy the h*ll out of me ( like some Cowgirl fans) but that does not make them good .

X-Era
04-06-2009, 06:00 PM

I don't hold it against him to be honest... commentators are like the janitors of sports journalism for the most part... Love to listen to them, but I'm not exactly listening closely to hear the intelligent insight.

Its weird, they are obviously very intelligent and many have a very deep memory of the history of the sports they cover... but then they screw up the names of current players.

I think its great to take them for what they are, gifted entertainers, but certainly not scholars.

X-Era
04-06-2009, 06:03 PM
He is dependable....just not an impact player.

If by dependable you mean he can assist on making a tackle, and don a full uniform... I agree.

I need a bit more from my starting OLB... sorry. And I also want more from my backup OLB who lately has had to start.

sting32
04-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Ellison is dependable. He is a back up who's come in when we needed him. Granted he's not top in the league but he doesn't make the Bills a horrible team. He's small but fast and quick to the ball. Who knows who we pick up in the draft. Point is Ellison isn't bad. I'd like an upgrade but doesn't look like one is gonna happen this year. I'd like to see open competition and if he wins it's his job.

BAM
04-06-2009, 06:21 PM
He was probably just hammered off Guiness or Jameson. He's Irish afterall.

X-Era
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
He was probably just hammered off Guiness or Jameson. He's Irish afterall.

Jameson?

As a beer connoisseur (dumb drunk), I can honestly say that I have never heard that one.

Whats the details? Is it like Guinness? dark stout?

BAM
04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
It's an Irish whiskey. My favorite in fact. It's delicious.

Commissioner
04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Dependably mediocre...

Jaybird
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
He is very dependable.... we can depend on him not to make a play at the point of attack!

seanbillsfan
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
It was favorite too until i tried tullamore dew. Best irish whiskey of all time

SABURZFAN
04-06-2009, 11:28 PM

he has played his balls off but i would feel much better that he were a backup.

clumping platelets
04-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Actually, I agree with him......Ellison is a dependable starter but that doesn't mean that he has a lock on the position.

jamze132
04-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Whether or not Ellison is dependable as a starter, we need an upgrade at that position.

Night Train
04-07-2009, 07:43 AM
He makes 6 figures doing 3 minutes of sports news and calling the Bills games.

I wish I was that clueless.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2009, 08:06 AM
I think we would all like a big time, All Pro impact player at every position. But no team has that. We have fewer than most, however, so we become overly critical of every position. If, for instance, we had an impact DE, MLB and FS, we would accept Ellison as a nice role player.

Patti120
04-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Throw in a little baileys and you can have yourself an Irish car bomb!

Jan Reimers
04-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Throw in a little baileys and you can have yourself an Irish car bomb!
You need a half pint of Guinness, too. The Jamesons and Baileys go into a shot glass which is dropped into the Guinness and chugged quickly, so the Baileys doesn't curdle.

Not that I've ever had one. . .

Oaf
04-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Smokescreen guys.. Bills will draft an LB a little too high for his value and claim that although Ellison has been a pro bowl starter, linebacker x "was on top of their board" and forced their hand.