PDA

View Full Version : Draftboy- Hakeem Nicks, McCoy RB Pitt, Graham Harrell

User Manuel
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Just looking for your thoughts on these guys and how they would or wouldn't fit in Buffalo?

DraftBoy
04-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Nicks-Big physical WR with good quickness. Catches the ball with his hands which allows him to make acrobatic plays in the air. Good size and leaping ability allow for him to go up and get it. Not afraid to go over the middle. Needs to work on blocking, route running and escaping the jam. Really could use to put on a little more muscle and will not be a deep threat. A little cocky as well.

McCoy-Natural runner with good size speed combo, does not waste steps. Can get to full speed quickly. Inside and Outside runner who can deliver a blow to an unsuspecting defender. Has a nose for the goalline and was only a two year starter. Not the strongest back and will not break a lot of tackles, also does not have that top gear to run away from players. He has some character and durability issues though neither are major red flags.

Graham Harrell-Average Arm, Average Size. Good accuracy, and good quick read player. Played in a gimmick offense out of the shotgun so his learning curve is steep. Not great footwork and not a great progression player. Has good intelligence and can read blitz packages well. The tools are there but nothing is overly impressive.

I believe Nicks fits us as WR the best, McCoy would be a great #2 back for us if we dumped Jackson (#1 if we moved Lynch), and Harrell is a developmental prospect who honestly I see little to no upside on. Projection wise;
Nicks-Lower 1st Round
McCoy-Top Half 2nd Round
Harrell-5th-7th Round

DrGraves
04-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Graham Harrell has a cannon arm. I would love to pick him up as a project type guy in a later round. Someone to put some fire under Trent for the coming years..

DraftBoy
04-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Graham Harrell has a cannon arm. I would love to pick him up as a project type guy in a later round. Someone to put some fire under Trent for the coming years..

Not really, his arm is not in the same class of Freeman or Stafford. Its adequate but nothing special. He can make all the NFL throws but he won't be able to beat tight coverages by squeezing the ball in.

DrGraves
04-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm sure you'd know better than I as far as the technical stuff goes but boy oh boy watching him play this past season there were many many times that I thought to myself 'damn I want this guy on my team. hes a player'

BillsWin
04-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I'd really like Nicks. I'm kind of biased though on him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z21IeyH49xg&feature=related

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 07:30 AM
He's a good prospect but has limited upside compared to guys like Maclin, Birtt, and Crabtree. His speed is an issue for him, he's very Keyshaun Johnson like with less attitude.