chernobylwraiths
04-07-2009, 02:58 PM
:up:

User Manuel
04-07-2009, 03:01 PM
u r in!

OpIv37
04-07-2009, 03:13 PM
if we can chase him out of town with torches and pitchforks, I'm in.

Nighthawk
04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
I've been calling for this loser's head for years! It's time somebody paid for the f**k ups of this organization over the years!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-07-2009, 05:41 PM
to end all this nonsense once and for all. Darcy will be the GM of this team.

General Manager Darcy Regier will remain with the Buffalo Sabres for at least the next three years.

With his current contract expiring at the end of the 2008-09 season, Buffalo Sabres owner Tom Golisano announced today that the team resigned the GM to a two-year extension, keeping him here through the 2010-2011 campaign.
http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=382713&page=NewsPage&service=page

SabreEleven
04-07-2009, 07:46 PM
So in your world just because he has a contract he can't be fired? What color is the sky over there? How Cups have the Sabres won in there? Maybe I'll come for a visit.

tampabay25690
04-07-2009, 08:36 PM
WHY does he have to go?????
because he is told not to spend any $$$$

Philagape
04-07-2009, 09:35 PM
By definition, anyone who's ever been fired has been under contract. That's what being fired means.

I'm in. The man has done the opposite of what his job is.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-07-2009, 10:31 PM
OK then how do you explain this...

99 (The year we went to the Cup)
March 11,1999 Matt Barnaby to Pittsburgh for Stu Barnes
March 23,1999 Alexei Tezikov to Washington for Joe Juneau and a 2000 4th round draft pick (Tim Preston) (Sabres 4th round pick sent later as compensation)
March 23,1999 Mike Wilson to Florida for Rhett Warrener and a 1999 5th round draft pick (Ryan Miller)

March 10,2000 Michal Grosek to Chicago for Doug Gilmour and Jean-Pierre Dumont

March 10,2003 Chris Gratton and a 4th round pick in 2004 entry draft to Phoenix Coyotes for Daniel Briere and a 3rd round pick in 2004
July 03,2003 Sabres send Keith Ballard to Colorado for Steve Reinprecht. Sabres then trade Rhett Warrener and Steve Reinprecht to Calgary for Chris Drury and Steve Begin
http://www.sabresfans.com/history/Trade.asp

SabreEleven
04-07-2009, 10:58 PM
I'll take "What are Sabres trades that are over 6 years-old" for a thousand, Alex...

Do you feel you made your point again?

Michael82
04-08-2009, 01:59 AM
I do think that someone's head needs to roll, but it's not Darcy. I really believe that Quinn is telling him what to do and being tight with the money. I'd rather get rid of Lindy Ruff who can't even get his guys motivated anymore.

SabreEleven
04-08-2009, 02:04 AM
Quinn, IMO, is the guy that really needs to go. He is suppose to be some hockey genius and in reality, he is running this team into the ground.

Nighthawk
04-08-2009, 06:24 AM

March 23,1999 Alexei Tezikov to Washington for Joe Juneau and a 2000 4th round draft pick (Tim Preston) (Sabres 4th round pick sent later as compensation)
March 23,1999 Mike Wilson to Florida for Rhett Warrener and a 1999 5th round draft pick (Ryan Miller)

March 10,2003 Chris Gratton and a 4th round pick in 2004 entry draft to Phoenix Coyotes for Daniel Briere and a 3rd round pick in 2004
July 03,2003 Sabres send Keith Ballard to Colorado for Steve Reinprecht. Sabres then trade Rhett Warrener and Steve Reinprecht to Calgary for Chris Drury and Steve Begin

Since you're a little slow...how about this...5 of the last 7 years...NO PLAYOFFS! Now it's time for you to wake up from your little dream world LW!

chernobylwraiths
04-08-2009, 06:33 AM
how come there are only two of us!!!

SabreEleven
04-08-2009, 07:02 AM
how come there are only two of us!!!

Cause you and LW think a like.

rbochan
04-08-2009, 07:06 AM
No one can argue how ****ty and mediocre the large majority of this organization is... from the FO down to the guy who puts the pucks in the freezer. Keep Miller, Kaleta, and Gaustad. Dump EVERYONE else. Even the puck freezer dude.

SabreEleven
04-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Maybe they just need a new freezer. They should get rid of the old guy that sits in the penalty box. He sucks at opening the door. He is always too slow.

OpIv37
04-08-2009, 08:32 AM

So, all those moves resulted in 1 president's trophy, 0 conference championships, 0 Stanley Cups, and ONE player who's still on the team. Wow, I'm convinced- they should not only keep him but double his salary :rolleyes:

Philagape
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM

Except for Miller, where are all those guys now? It's especially funny bringing up Briere and Drury.
Well, no, it's not funny. Black Sunday is still very black.
Darcy destroys what he builds.

trapezeus
04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
i don't know if it's darcy that needs to go...we're blinded by ruff's early cup runs and have lost track that he has only gotten to the playoffs twice in the last 7 years. and that too, the teams he had underperformed their expectations. he's no longer the young coach who relates to his young players.

i like ruff and all, but he's made the 1980 sabres teams that lost in the first round every year look pretty good. At least those teams got to the playoffs.

Reiger has worked some magic in trade scenarios in the past, but he hasn't done that for 3 straight years. perhaps the bernier trade could have been one of them if we stuck with the guy a little. but this team is hell bent on having small players.

User Manuel
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
WHY does he have to go?????
because he is told not to spend any $$$$

This team is composed of small, quick, me-first players. Lindy coaches an attack, forecheck style of hockey. Unfortunately, too many of our players don't like to forecheck, hit, play defense.

If the players REFUSE to play the style the coach is using, then it is incumbent on the GM to move them along. If the players CANT play the style being coached, then it is the coaches responsibility along with the GM.

I am also totally onboard with Quinn being a problem as well.

User Manuel
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Welcome all new members!!!! Keep the fight up, recruit your friends!!!

Jan Reimers
04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
I think we suffer from a lack of talent, plain and simple. We need a couple of better blue liners - a physical guy and an offensive defenseman who can move the puck - plus a couple of more physical forwards and a good finisher.

I don't know if our lack of talent is Darcy's fault, or whether it comes directly from the cheapness of Golisano (through Quinn). I tend to blame ownership for letting guys like Drury, Breiere, Grier and Campbell walk, which has led to our current predicament.

OpIv37
04-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't know if our lack of talent is Darcy's fault, or whether it comes directly from the cheapness of Golisano (through Quinn). I tend to blame ownership for letting guys like Drury, Breiere, Grier and Campbell walk, which has led to our current predicament.

interesting point, but it's Darcy's job to a) convince Quinn and Golisano of the benefit of spending for certain players, and failing that, to b) make the most of what he does get from those two clowns. The parameters suck, but if Darcy can't get the job done within those parameters, he's not the right man for the job.

trapezeus
04-08-2009, 03:51 PM
is it ironic that golisano is a billionaire who has a company called paychex, yet he refuses to issue paychecks for players that can win games?

SabreEleven
04-08-2009, 04:16 PM
is it ironic that golisano is a billionaire who has a company called paychex, yet he refuses to issue paychecks for players that can win games?

That is just dripping with irony.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-08-2009, 05:48 PM

It's just not Golly, the Sabres have always been like this...even with the late Seymour H. Knox III and his borthers Nordy and Northrup who were from Buffalo, NY and loved the Sabres franchise, they didn't spend much money on their team either. The Sabres built through the draft just like they do now and got lucky with Gilbert Perreault as they got him with "A SPIN OF THE WHEEL" caption from the book (it was a carnival roulette wheel that had numbers on it and since Sabres and Canucks were the two expansion teams coming into the NHL the winner got to pick first in the draft). The wheel landed on #1 and Punch Imlach selected Gilbert Perreault and the rest was history. They traded for Rick Martin and Rene Robert and drafted Danny Gare, Jim Shoenfield. The only player that the Sabres kept through their history was Gilbert Perreault the others either left because the Sabres couldn't keep them (sound familiar) or traded them.
http://i6.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/11/64/0f83_1.JPG

SabreEleven
04-08-2009, 07:58 PM
It's just not Golly, the Sabres have always been like this...even with the late Seymour H. Knox III and his borthers Nordy and Northrup who were from Buffalo, NY and loved the Sabres franchise, they didn't spend much money on their team either. The Sabres built through the draft just like they do now and got lucky with Gilbert Perreault as they got him with "A SPIN OF THE WHEEL" caption from the book (it was a carnival roulette wheel that had numbers on it and since Sabres and Canucks were the two expansion teams coming into the NHL the winner got to pick first in the draft). The wheel landed on #1 and Punch Imlach selected Gilbert Perreault and the rest was history. They traded for Rick Martin and Rene Robert and drafted Danny Gare, Jim Shoenfield. The only player that the Sabres kept through their history was Gilbert Perreault the others either left because the Sabres couldn't keep them (sound familiar) or traded them.
http://i6.ebayimg.com/08/i/001/11/64/0f83_1.JPG

Why do you constanly give this board a history lesson on the Buffalo Sabres like this a "Red Book" message board? I'll bet about 70 percent of this board was watching the Sabres before you were even born. I know I was.

Nighthawk
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Why do you constanly give this board a history lesson on the Buffalo Sabres like this a "Red Book" message board? I'll bet about 70 percent of this board was watching the Sabres before you were even born. I know I was.

Man, you beat me to it! Seriously, LW...do you even have a thought in your head? Everything you post is from a newspaper, history book or magazine article!

chernobylwraiths
04-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I thought the number on the wheel that came up was 11?

chernobylwraiths
04-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I think we suffer from a lack of talent, plain and simple. We need a couple of better blue liners - a physical guy and an offensive defenseman who can move the puck - plus a couple of more physical forwards and a good finisher.

I think Golisano knows nothing about hockey and takes all his cues from Quinn. It was Quinn that screwed the October deal up with Drury. They had the numbers worked out and I was under the impression it was Quinn's decision not to offer the contract right away.

I'm not sure if Darcy is not given the opportunity to sign big name players or not, but he had numberous chances to sign players to keep them here and never did. We have Edmonton to thank for Vanek's contract. He finally got smart after losing a bunch of players to deal with players before their contract was up and during the season. Unfortunately, he also has put together this roster that is soft and passive. He has paid Hecht, Pomminville, Roy, Connolly, Lydman, and Tallinder and paid them well in some cases. They have repaid with soft and very poor play at times. I had hoped Rivet would have gotten the defense a little more aggressive, but it hasn't happened. Plus, the only other defeneseman that is aggressive in the system is Weber and he played in the minors for most of the season.

This team has Darcy's fingerprints all over them. Many here and everywhere else were quick to praise Darcy for the success of the Sabres after the lockout. I thought it was pure luck and I and some others seem to be "rewarded" with being right. Once the playoffs started and as the seasons have gone on, the same crap officiating is going on. Hardly any interference is being called again and the game is going back to the old ways again. Funny, I actually heard someone say how much better Darian Hatcher was playing earlier this season and how he has adjusted to playing the the "new NHL". This is the same crap NHL that suspends players one or two games for cheap shots to the head but suspends another guy for more games for calling his ex girlfriend sloppy seconds. This league needs better leadership, but this team needs it much more.

SabreEleven
04-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I thought the number on the wheel that came up was 11?

It was. What? Another mistake by LW? No!!!!!!!!!!

User Manuel
04-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I think I read somewhere that the wheel came up 3.14159265.

I think they then settled on 11 and Irv Weinstein and Rick Azar had to agree to go on the air and teach buffalo that it was "Pear-o" not Pear - Alt."

Typ0
04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I think Quinn, Regier & Ruff should all be sent packing myself. We lost Drury & Briere because we were a stepping stone for those players to get to where they really wanted to be...just like many others. Players appreciate the privledge of playing in the NHL and they really want to do that...but they dont' want to play in Buffalo. Time to turn everything over and actually build a culture conductive to success long-term.