X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • circlethewagons
    • Dec 2005

Stroud gets a new deal

In all, Stroud is now under contract for four years at a total take of $28 million. He’ll receive $12 million guaranteed, and $16 million in the first two years.
    Stroud previously was due to earn a base salary of $3.5 million in 2009 and $4 million in 2010.
    At a time when the Buffalo Bills are reluctant to fork over big money for running back Fred Jackson, they've dug deep to do a new deal with veteran defensive tackle Marcus Stroud.

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Stroud gets a new deal

didn't see that one coming... but the Bills are willing to pay players. Hopefully Jackson gets his deal, and hopefully Peters is taking notice and realizing he needs to back down from his insane asking price

how old will Stroud be at the end of this contract... that would be my only concern...

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

russ brandon needs to die.

no matter that our younger RB and OT need new deals....30 year old DT sweeeeet

5 mil a year raise?? come onnnnnnnnn
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• jimbohastle51
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2005

well deserved, he is easily the most talented vetran on our defense and the only guy who is not replaceable on our defense either. people always say its hard to find a top CB, but what is even harder is to find a DT that can stop the run and rush the passer while being a leader in the locker room. he is a pro in every sense of the word.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Work hard, keep quiet, get paid: Kelsay, Stroud, Evans

Peters really is a moron.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

say good day to jason Peters for sure now..

I dont mind STroud getting a raise (though I didnt think he had a great season in 2008)-- but you pay Jason Peters or even Fred Jackson before this..

I wonder if Brandon knows what he's doing sometimes, for real.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

So we used the money saved on Peters to sign Stroud, TO, and soon to be Jackson, I like it.

Investing all your money in one player, who's not a QB, is just plain foolish.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

This is a very good move, I like it!
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                  didn't see that one coming... but the Bills are willing to pay players. Hopefully Jackson gets his deal, and hopefully Peters is taking notice and realizing he needs to back down from his insane asking price

how old will Stroud be at the end of this contract... that would be my only concern...
                  around 34-35 but what matters is he is an elite DT and has at least 3 years of prime left. everyone also forgets he had GREAT numbers last year for having ZERO PASS RUSH around him. he had 45 tackles 2.5 sacks and 1 ff and if he had shoebel all year coming off the end and a DE on the other side that could at least apply pressure you could tell watching he would have easily had another 4 sacks. he was double teamed ALL season because of our pour DLine play.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

I don't have a problem with it per se, but sometimes this FO has me scratching my head with how they spend their money. I mean, if we're going to be frugal then so be it... but how do you explain bumping a guy in his 30's this much when you won't pay (or trade) your Pro Bowl LT market value (which would have been lower this time last year), make Derrick Dockery the richest Bill in history and give guys like Peerless Price, Chris Kelsay, Robert Denney and Robert Royal money no one else would have dreamed of getting them? Not to mention not filling our outstanding need(s) in FA as we speak. This is not a shot at Stroud, more a question of how the FO makes its decisions.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Carpetbagger
                      but how do you explain bumping a guy in his 30's this much when you won't pay (or trade) your Pro Bowl LT market value .

I'm sorry but I am so sick and ****ing tired of people saying we won't pay Peters fair value. There is a contract on the table for him to sign and it is in the neighborhood of 8.5 million per season... that would pay Peters approx. the average of the top 5 OL in the NFL as of 2008...

HOW IS THAT NOT MARKET MUTHER ****ING VALUE ???? ...

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Without Stroud we probably would have been dead last in Defense last year. I am coo wit dis!
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          say good day to jason Peters for sure now..

I dont mind STroud getting a raise (though I didnt think he had a great season in 2008)-- but you pay Jason Peters or even Fred Jackson before this..

I wonder if Brandon knows what he's doing sometimes, for real.

As I mentioned above. Peters has a very generous offer on the table of approx 8.5 million... This is all Peters and has nothing to do with the Bills IMO. Peters just wants to be over paid to play for the Bills. 8.5 million is just not enough for Peters obviously and the Bills obviously are not going to reward him with an over bloated contract after he held the team hostage last year.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Message to Peters. "You're not all that and a bundle of sticks. You need to keep your mouth shut, play football and do what is in the best interest for the team. Then you'll get a nice fat deal. You jackass."
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                              • Feb 2005

i guess they learned fomr there mistake with Pat Williams, no how about drafting him some help
                              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Working...
                              X