PDA

View Full Version : Wheres DraftBoy? (McCoy) related

X-Era
04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Why is that if a player decides to go back to school for their senior year the commentators blow the guy like no ones business.

I mean Im listening to Football Live and this guy is acting like Colt McCoy is the greatest college player ever. NO, hes the same player he was at the end of last year, he didn't get any better yet.

I mean a player doesnt get better just because they draft took the other very good players... the player stays the same until they, themselves, get better.

Why does the hype go through the roof on returning players?

DraftBoy
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Why is that if a player decides to go back to school for their senior year the commentators blow the guy like no ones business.

I mean Im listening to Football Live and this guy is acting like Colt McCoy is the greatest college player ever. NO, hes the same player he was at the end of last year, he didn't get any better yet.

I mean a player doesnt get better just because they draft took the other very good players... the player stays the same until they, themselves, get better.

Why does the hype go through the roof on returning players?

Well with a guy like McCoy you see him work towards getting better all spring and he worked with some QB coach during the off season whose name escapes me right now. Everybody wants to be the first though on a guy who will be the next top guy. McCoy has NFL potential but he's not a sure thing, he needs to work on his ability to stay in the pocket and stay under control. I like McCoy for the most part.

That all being said while ESPN and others early on will be all over him, coming back is a doubled edged sword. While early on its all glory due to your awesome jr year, since your sr year can't be much better you play begins to get over analyzed and holes are poked in you that may not actually exist.