X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

With the Stroud signing, I think Peters is gone

With the signing of Marcus Stroud it's safe to assume the Bills have given up on Peters. The writing is on the wall... Peters will be traded. Look for Jackson to be signed long term soon.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Peters is gone!

Originally posted by draz54
    With the signing of Marcus Stroud it's safe to assume the Bills have given up on Peters. The writing is on the wall... Peters will be traded. Look for Jackson to be signed long term soon.
    I think your right (Im still waiting to see this for myself).

I will understand why we are making the move, but I wont agree with it, and I think we will be worse on our offensive line which is not a spot you want to **** with.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

I've been calling for Peters to be traded since the season was over. It's a no brainier if the Bills want to get better.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

slightly misleading thread title...
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
            • Feb 2005

Slightly

Comment

• rcd333
              • Mar 2007

can we add a "pretty much" somewhere in the title?

Comment

• sting32
                • Oct 2008

destroy and rebuild(offensive line)!!! He's good but giving up those 12 sacks didn't help his contract situation. The pro bowl/all star games in pro sports is a joke sometimes. Shaq got voted in every year until recently. There's a young hungry player out there waiting for a opportunity, hopefully we find him.
                http://www.webgamestats.com/nfa.aspx

http://www.eteamz.com/MonroeCountySting/

http://www.nyafl.org/forums/cmps_index.php

Comment

• Kenny
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sting32
                  destroy and rebuild(offensive line)!!! He's good but giving up those 12 sacks didn't help his contract situation. The pro bowl/all star games in pro sports is a joke sometimes. Shaq got voted in every year until recently. There's a young hungry player out there waiting for a opportunity, hopefully we find him.
                  Im probably going to get flamed for saying this, but Im really disappointed with the Bills.
                  This crap should have been taken care of before last season, before the holdout. It would have been a win-win situation.

We could of had Peters longterm, and with him in camp and training last year, he would probnably have returned to 'true' pro-bowl form (like in 2007).

Instead, we're rebuilding... AGAIN. We got rid of the most talented player on this team, and the game's 2nd most important position. ANd for what? A crapshoot replacement in the draft?

Im sick and tired of this ****.

Comment

• Wittman21
                    • Feb 2009

I agree that we should have taken care of this last year, but who knows with him, he may get paid all this money and still play like doo doo. Something is up with him

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kenny
                      Im probably going to get flamed for saying this, but Im really disappointed with the Bills.
                      This crap should have been taken care of before last season, before the holdout. It would have been a win-win situation.
                      It was. The Bills told Peters last year was not the time to demand a new contract. Peters cried about it and held out.

The Bills have done everything right so far with Jason Peters. It's Peters who's being unreasonable.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

not really, the contract came accross the ticker on the NFL network and it is a 2 year 16 million dollar extension with 12 million of it guaranteed. so really it is a handsome raise but there is 4 million in incentives and h already was making 3.5 million in base salary alone so it is a handsome raise but this year and next it is really probably only 4 million a year more. they could still do peters and jackson if they so choose. i have a feeling they want to take a linebacker at 11 and a pass rusher in the first round as well only later. dont be surprised if we do trade peters we draft a second round LT like the kid from arizona. there isnt as big a drop off at the LT we will get at 11 and him. we are not in a spot to get a TOP LT. we will get a good one but not one that is close to the caliber of peters (he will be one that can start but is 2 to 3 years away from a pro bowl or all pro team). oher is not a mauling run blocker, and we run the ball alot, and euegene monroe, andre smith, and the kid from baylor will all be gone before 11.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

we're letting one of the best tackles in the NFL go, period. we are not better because of this, even if he was a distraction. we better get a good bounty.

Comment

• jpdex12
                            • Jan 2005

The thing is that if we were going to trade Peters we should have done it early enough so that we could have signed Orlando Pace as a fill-in at LT and also draft a LT to be groomed into the position.

Another F up by the front office.
                            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• thenry20
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              I've been calling for Peters to be traded since the season was over. It's a no brainier if the Bills want to get better.
                              April Fool's?

WTF. Getting rid of your best linemen makes you better? That's like cutting Shobel and proclaiming our pass rush improved!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X