PDA

View Full Version : With the Stroud signing, I think Peters is gone

Yasgur's Farm
04-07-2009, 06:32 PM
With the signing of Marcus Stroud it's safe to assume the Bills have given up on Peters. The writing is on the wall... Peters will be traded. Look for Jackson to be signed long term soon.

X-Era
04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
With the signing of Marcus Stroud it's safe to assume the Bills have given up on Peters. The writing is on the wall... Peters will be traded. Look for Jackson to be signed long term soon.

I think your right (Im still waiting to see this for myself).

I will understand why we are making the move, but I wont agree with it, and I think we will be worse on our offensive line which is not a spot you want to **** with.

acehole
04-07-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2867869&postcount=35

TacklingDummy
04-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I've been calling for Peters to be traded since the season was over. It's a no brainier if the Bills want to get better.

Romes
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
slightly misleading thread title...

Yasgur's Farm
04-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Slightly

rcd333
04-07-2009, 07:09 PM
can we add a "pretty much" somewhere in the title?

sting32
04-07-2009, 07:17 PM
destroy and rebuild(offensive line)!!! He's good but giving up those 12 sacks didn't help his contract situation. The pro bowl/all star games in pro sports is a joke sometimes. Shaq got voted in every year until recently. There's a young hungry player out there waiting for a opportunity, hopefully we find him.

Kenny
04-07-2009, 07:25 PM
destroy and rebuild(offensive line)!!! He's good but giving up those 12 sacks didn't help his contract situation. The pro bowl/all star games in pro sports is a joke sometimes. Shaq got voted in every year until recently. There's a young hungry player out there waiting for a opportunity, hopefully we find him.

Im probably going to get flamed for saying this, but Im really disappointed with the Bills.
This crap should have been taken care of before last season, before the holdout. It would have been a win-win situation.

We could of had Peters longterm, and with him in camp and training last year, he would probnably have returned to 'true' pro-bowl form (like in 2007).

Instead, we're rebuilding... AGAIN. We got rid of the most talented player on this team, and the game's 2nd most important position. ANd for what? A crapshoot replacement in the draft?

Im sick and tired of this ****.

Wittman21
04-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I agree that we should have taken care of this last year, but who knows with him, he may get paid all this money and still play like doo doo. Something is up with him

TacklingDummy
04-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Im probably going to get flamed for saying this, but Im really disappointed with the Bills.
This crap should have been taken care of before last season, before the holdout. It would have been a win-win situation.

It was. The Bills told Peters last year was not the time to demand a new contract. Peters cried about it and held out.

The Bills have done everything right so far with Jason Peters. It's Peters who's being unreasonable.

jimbohastle51
04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
not really, the contract came accross the ticker on the NFL network and it is a 2 year 16 million dollar extension with 12 million of it guaranteed. so really it is a handsome raise but there is 4 million in incentives and h already was making 3.5 million in base salary alone so it is a handsome raise but this year and next it is really probably only 4 million a year more. they could still do peters and jackson if they so choose. i have a feeling they want to take a linebacker at 11 and a pass rusher in the first round as well only later. dont be surprised if we do trade peters we draft a second round LT like the kid from arizona. there isnt as big a drop off at the LT we will get at 11 and him. we are not in a spot to get a TOP LT. we will get a good one but not one that is close to the caliber of peters (he will be one that can start but is 2 to 3 years away from a pro bowl or all pro team). oher is not a mauling run blocker, and we run the ball alot, and euegene monroe, andre smith, and the kid from baylor will all be gone before 11.

Pinkerton Security
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
we're letting one of the best tackles in the NFL go, period. we are not better because of this, even if he was a distraction. we better get a good bounty.

jpdex12
04-07-2009, 08:44 PM
The thing is that if we were going to trade Peters we should have done it early enough so that we could have signed Orlando Pace as a fill-in at LT and also draft a LT to be groomed into the position.

Another F up by the front office.

thenry20
04-08-2009, 04:51 AM
I've been calling for Peters to be traded since the season was over. It's a no brainier if the Bills want to get better.

April Fool's?

WTF. Getting rid of your best linemen makes you better? That's like cutting Shobel and proclaiming our pass rush improved!!!

jamze132
04-08-2009, 05:29 AM
This does not send the message to Peters that he will be traded. If anything it lets his dumbass know that if you come to all the workouts and don't whine and cry about your already multi-million dollar contract, good things will happen.

I'm not saying he won't be traded, but I don't think the Stroud extension has anything to do with Peters.

Canadian'eh!
04-08-2009, 06:27 AM

a little off topic Draz, but i love your draft board in your sig. Though I think i'd put Andre Smith over Oher. Oher has a lot of inconsistent play in his resume.

but overall it's excellent

streetkings01
04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
we're letting one of the best tackles in the NFL go, period. we are not better because of this, even if he was a distraction. we better get a good bounty.He's not even the best LT in the division! He is very good in pass protection but horrible in run blocking......the team plays in horrible weather from Nov to Jan.....we need a run blocker more than a pass blocker.

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2009, 08:42 AM
He's not even the best LT in the division! He is very good in pass protection but horrible in run blocking......the team plays in horrible weather from Nov to Jan.....we need a run blocker more than a pass blocker.
he is nowhere near horrible in pass blocking, he is average. and just because he isnt the best LT in the division doesnt mean he isnt one of the top tackles in the NFL, Matt Light is one of the best linemen in the NFL, period. So that would be like saying Brandon Jacobs isnt any good because he is in the same division as Brian Westbrook.

I also dont understand why just bc we signed Stroud to an extension, that now Peters is doomed to be gone. Its not like we dont have plenty of cap space. I just dont see the connection between the 2. Peters may well be gone, but I dont think Stroud's extension has much effect on that.

ddaryl
04-08-2009, 08:49 AM
I also dont understand why just bc we signed Stroud to an extension, that now Peters is doomed to be gone. Its not like we dont have plenty of cap space. I just dont see the connection between the 2. Peters may well be gone, but I dont think Stroud's extension has much effect on that.

I agree.

all though things don't look to great, I really do not believe Stroud has much overall effect on wehter we keep Peters or not.

If anything it should demonstrate to peters that we are building a team capable of winning.

I still really hope the Peters situation works out and he signs with us... Otherwise we are taking a step backwards

WeAreArthurMoates
04-08-2009, 08:51 AM
He's not even the best LT in the division! He is very good in pass protection but horrible in run blocking......the team plays in horrible weather from Nov to Jan.....we need a run blocker more than a pass blocker.

I absolutly agree and that was my one complaint about Peters for the last couple of years. For a guy with his size and athleticism he should be dominating the run game but he's extremely inconsistant. While he's shown he can be dominant in the 2nd level, his intial push, especially on short yardage situations is something left to be desired.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-08-2009, 08:54 AM
I still really hope the Peters situation works out and he signs with us... Otherwise we are taking a step backwards<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I hope so to but I just don't think he wants to be here. That's why he's holding a King's ransom. While we may take a step backwards it may not be as large as you think. He was dreadful last year vs. 3-4 teams and we really couldn't get much worse. I realize he was great in 07 but going off last years squad we could get an improvement. Cause god knows if we don't pay him he will hold out again and play at the same level he did last year.

kid mickey
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
17 days until the draft and Peters isn't signed. I think trade discussions are under way and I am worried about what this team is gonna do. I really want the Bills to solidify the pass rush with Everette Brown. I really don't like the idea of trading Peters because that creates another hole. We would be talking LT, LG, DE, SLB, TE, SS. I really don't think we can find starters at all those positions in the draft. I think we could get maybe 3 of them. LT, LG, and OLB, but what about TE, DE, and SS. If Peters gets traded we better get a first and at least a third. If we did my mock would go like this...
Everette Brown DE
Brandon Pettigrew TE
Jamon Meredith OT
Marcus Freeman OLB
Kraig Urbik LG
Rashad Johnson SS
Vance Walker DT
Dallas Reynolds C
Dan Gronkowski TE

DynaPaul
04-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I agree that we should have taken care of this last year, but who knows with him, he may get paid all this money and still play like doo doo. Something is up with him

You could be on to something. He might turn out to be the next Jonas Jennings.

jmb1099
04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
They sent the same message with Evans last year. Show up, do your due diligence, and things can be worked out. Peters needs to get a clue.