PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills trade Peters for their 2 first rounders...

Mahdi
04-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Let's play the what-if game and everyone post their 3 first rounders and their second round selection assuming Peters is traded to Philly for 21 and 28.

Lets assume...

1. Stafford

2. J.Smith

3. Curry

4. Sanchez

5. Orakpo

6. Monroe

7. Crabtree

8. Raji

9. E. Brown

10. Maclin

My 4 picks....

11. A. Smith, OT Alabama

21. Brandon Pettigrew, TE Ok. State

28. Lawrence Sidbury, DE Richmond

42. Sean Smith, CB Utah

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Let's play the what-if game and everyone post their 3 first rounders and their second round selection assuming Peters is traded to Philly for 21 and 28.

Lets assume...

1. Stafford

2. J.Smith

3. Curry

4. Sanchez

5. Orakpo

6. Monroe

7. Crabtree

8. Raji

9. E. Brown

10. Maclin

My 4 picks....

11. A. Smith, OT Alabama

28. Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond

42. Sean Smith, CB Utah

that would be pretty nasty, though i dont want a CB when we have corner and youboty to complement our starters already

Mahdi
04-08-2009, 09:24 AM
that would be pretty nasty, though i dont want a CB when we have corner and youboty to complement our starters already
Youboty is FA or RFA next year... corner is a nickel CB at best....

Sean Smith is 6'4 and runs a 4.46 with great hips. That doesn't come around to often and McGee is also FA next year.

DRELOVESBills
04-08-2009, 09:32 AM
i like those picks as well so does that mean we go oline in the 3rd

DRELOVESBills
04-08-2009, 09:33 AM
actually i like the corner you picked but how about we consider a LB

Kenny
04-08-2009, 09:43 AM
what's the trade value of our #11 and one of Philly's 1st? Package both for one of the top 2 LT's (2 or 3rd pick overall?) and use a late first for a DE or LB?

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 09:46 AM
11. Jenkins
21. Oher
28. Sintim
42. Ayers

The Spaz
04-08-2009, 10:01 AM
11. Jenkins
21. Oher
28. Sintim
42. Ayers

That would be great. I think all of them will last that long except Ayers he may not be woth that high of pick but someone will take that chance IMO.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 10:02 AM
11. Malcolm Jenkins, FS, Ohio State Plays safety for the Bills, can move to CB the following year if McGee,Youboty leave.

21. Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

28. Brian Cushing, OLB, USC

42. Duke Robinson, OG, Oklahoma or Max Unger, C, Oregon Who ever is picked will determine which position Geoff Hangartner who can play C or G.

75. Chase Coffman TE Missouri

110. Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan St

Mahdi
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
actually i like the corner you picked but how about we consider a LB
LB in the 3rd or 4th.

There will be plenty of suitable LBs that fit our scheme available on the second day.

Mahdi
04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
11. Jenkins
21. Oher
28. Sintim
42. Ayers
Oher at 21 is not likely... Ayers at 42 would be a flippin steal but I highly doubt he is available.

Jenkins is going to be special I think. I can live with Sintim at 28, but I think his value is in the second round.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 10:31 AM
11. A. Smith, OT Alabama

28. Lawrence Sidbury, DE Richmond

42. Sean Smith, CB Utah

Would our OL look like this?

Smith-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Walker .......if so how much does Smith get paid in comparison to Walker?

or

Walker-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Smith ....look for Walker to want a raise next year IF he succeeds. If this happens, isn't 2010 an uncapped year? How much will LT's make?

Whats our depth at OL?

OpIv37
04-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Smith-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Walker .......if so how much does Smith get paid in comparison to Walker?

or

Walker-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Smith ....look for Walker to want a raise next year IF he succeeds.

Whats our depth at OL?

No worries on depth- we have Demetrius Bell.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 10:34 AM
No worries on depth- we have Demetrius Bell.

Don't know what you're worried about .He can play all positions.

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Oher at 21 is not likely... Ayers at 42 would be a flippin steal but I highly doubt he is available.

Jenkins is going to be special I think. I can live with Sintim at 28, but I think his value is in the second round.

Oher is falling and has been as is Smith, I think one of the two is availble. I dont know why you think Ayers is such a steal at 42, its a little bit of a reach, id prefer to deal down and take Sidbury who I think you are taking way too high. I like what Sintim brings but I almost wanted to take Sean Smith there and go with McRath (who I like a lot) in Round 4.

OpIv37
04-08-2009, 10:35 AM

I heard he can even sub in at DE if Schobel gets injured again.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I heard he can even sub in at DE if Schobel gets injured again.
He's a better qb for when Trent gets injured.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Why must people come in a ruin a perfectly good thread?

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 10:40 AM

or

Walker-Chambers-Hangartner-Butler-Smith ....look for Walker to want a raise next year IF he succeeds. If this happens, isn't 2010 an uncapped year? How much will LT's make?

Whats our depth at OL?

Thats only the first four picks, still four more to come. Have no fear.

Jan Reimers
04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
. . . simultaneously.

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 10:41 AM
. . . simultaneously.

...With one hand tied behind his back.

Mahdi
04-08-2009, 10:43 AM

or

Whats our depth at OL?
Well in the third I would go with Antoine Caldwell or Johnathan Luigs to play LG.

So

A.Smith - Caldwell/Luigs - Hangartner - Butler - Walker

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Well in the third I would go with Antoine Caldwell or Johnathan Luigs to play LG.

So

A.Smith - Caldwell/Luigs - Hangartner - Butler - Walker

Why would you move a college OC to OG, instead of Han who has played NFL level OG and has been relatively successful at it?

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
you shouldn't talk. YOu used to drag in JP's name all the time even though no one was talking about him.

Ed
04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
It's too hard to say what players are going to be available and when, but if we trade Peters, I think getting OT's Ohers or Smith is a must, but I'd be tempted to see if either falls to 21. If that's the case, I actually wouldn't be unhappy with taking Jenkins at 11.

I also like the idea of being able to get Pettigrew and Ayers with the later picks. And then one of the top OG/C in the second round.

My dream scenario, which I don't think is too unrealistic would probably be this though:

11. DT Raji
21. OT Oher/Smith
28. TE Pettigrew
42. OG Duke Robinson

If Raji fell, I don't think DE would be as much of a need anymore, but I'd be willing to sub out Pettigrew or Robinson for Ayers or an OLB. I just don't really have a LB that I'm that big on besides Curry.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Thats only the first four picks, still four more to come. Have no fear.

Ugh. Where was Butler drafted and how many years has it taken him to fight for the starting spot? Not sure if anyone drafted in the later rounds are gonna be better than Bell.

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Ugh. Where was Butler drafted and how many years has it taken him to fight for the starting spot? Not sure if anyone drafted in the later rounds are gonna be better than Bell.

Yes we all already know that. Are you just now realizing we won't be very competitive next season or something?

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Yes we all already know that. Are you just now realizing we won't be very competitive next season or something?
This is why I'm hoping we pay Peters. I don't think Peters is worth that much but I'm desperate for wins unlike other fans that think it's okay to lose to the fins and Pats all the time with rookies and CHambers protecting Trent.

I'd rather be adding talent instead of adding holes. I'd rather be building instead of rebuilding.

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 10:58 AM
This is why I'm hoping we pay Peters. I don't think Peters is worth that much but I'm desperate for wins unlike other fans that think it's okay to lose to the fins and Pats all the time with rookies and CHambers protecting Trent.

I'd rather be adding talent instead of adding holes. I'd rather be building instead of rebuilding.

Resigning Peters doesnt make us competitive next year though...or even add wins imo. Not next season maybe in two when the rest of the team around him catches up but not next year.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Resigning Peters doesnt make us competitive next year though...or even add wins imo. Not next season maybe in two when the rest of the team around him catches up but not next year.
I'd rather take my chances with him than rookies vs. the AFCE teams who run 3-4.

I'm almost sure Trent feels the same way.

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I'd rather take my chances with him than rookies vs. the AFCE teams who run 3-4.

I'm almost sure Trent feels the same way.

Not really my concern how Trent feels, I dont think he'll be here in 5 years anyways.

madness
04-08-2009, 11:07 AM

track record.

casdhf
04-08-2009, 11:10 AM
What are the chances of us actually getting both of these picks anyways?

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 11:12 AM

0.0%

Doesnt make any sense for Philly to deal 21 and 28 for Peters, when they could move 21 and a pick later in the draft with a pick next year to get into the top 15 and get a rookie OT and still have 28.

Ed
04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Probably not good. If Peters had actually played at a probowl level last year maybe there would be a chance.

ddaryl
04-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Philly would be more then willing to part with multipleother picks, but like mentioned above probably not both #1's.

Philly has way to many picks this year. 12 of them, and their is no way they will carry 12 rookies on the team so Philly definitely wants to offload picks.

Personally if Philly is our traiding partner I say #21 one of thier 2nds, 3rd and maybe a 4th or 5th. Then the Bills should use what they could have to move up when they need to.

or if we could, accept thier #28 and a 2nd rounder this year, and a 2nd rounder in 2010.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-08-2009, 11:23 AM
BROWN, PETTIGREW, OHER, AYERS :)

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 11:30 AM
you shouldn't talk. YOu used to drag in JP's name all the time even though no one was talking about him.

:bs: Almost all of my discussions about JP were in threads about JP or in threads that the QB played a significant role in.

Stay on topic.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Really, you mean like last year where Peters helped the Bills win 0 games against the AFC East? Peters had a huge hand in the 2nd Jet loss.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 11:50 AM
:bs: Almost all of my discussions about JP were in threads about JP or in threads that the QB played a significant role in.

Stay on topic.

:roflmao:

Really, you mean like last year where Peters helped the Bills win 0 games against the AFC East? Peters had a huge hand in the 2nd Jet loss.

The coaches didn't help us win any games last year vs. the AFCE yet you want them retained.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 12:08 PM
The coaches didn't help us win any games last year vs. the AFCE yet you want them retained. When have I said this?

Fact is this year most likely will be this coaching staffs last year.

Would you rather have Dick & Co. go 6-10 or a new coaching staff go 6-10?

Mahdi
04-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Why would you move a college OC to OG, instead of Han who has played NFL level OG and has been relatively successful at it?
Because he and the Bills have already stated they like him at OC. They brought him over for that specific reason. OC in college routinely move to G. It's not a big deal.

And the fact that they are interested in guys like Goff, Bentley and Simmons to play G for us is another sign that 1) they want Han G at OC and 2) they are looking for a road-grater type at LG.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 12:19 PM
When have I said this?

Fact is this year most likely will be this coaching staffs last year.

Would you rather have Dick & Co. go 6-10 or a new coaching staff go 6-10?
well you did say they weren't the problem and that we need continuity. Isn't that like saying they should stay?

I'd would've rather gone 6-10 with a new coaching staff. At least 6-10 with the new would be in their first year.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM
well you did say they weren't the problem and that we need continuity. Isn't that like saying they should stay? I do recall saying Fire Dick many times.

I'd would've rather gone 6-10 with a new coaching staff. At least 6-10 with the new would be in their first year. Not me. If a new coaching staff went 6-10 we'd be talking crap about them just like we did, Gregg Williams, Mularkey, and Juaron.

To me it makes no difference who's doing the coaching next year, the sky is falling no matter what.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
well you did say they weren't the problem and that we need continuity. Isn't that like saying they should stay?

I don't recall saying that either. What I do recall is saying the players are more to blame for the way things have been.

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I do recall saying Fire Dick many times..
so you did sway your vote in the end?

Not me. If a new coaching staff went 6-10 we'd be talking crap about them just like we did, Gregg Williams, Mularkey, and Juaron.

To me it makes no difference who's doing the coaching next year, the sky is falling no matter what.

6-10 in their first year is better than 6-10 in a coaches 4th year.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
so you did sway your vote in the end?

No. It doesn't matter to me if Dick is the coach or if they brought in a new coach.

With the talent that is on the field I think either coach would be doomed.

Talented players can make any coach look good, examples Levy, Torre, Swizter, Jackson, Riley, Belicheck, etc...

Canadian'eh!
04-08-2009, 12:29 PM
It's too hard to say what players are going to be available and when, but if we trade Peters, I think getting OT's Ohers or Smith is a must, but I'd be tempted to see if either falls to 21. If that's the case, I actually wouldn't be unhappy with taking Jenkins at 11.

I also like the idea of being able to get Pettigrew and Ayers with the later picks. And then one of the top OG/C in the second round.

My dream scenario, which I don't think is too unrealistic would probably be this though:

11. DT Raji
21. OT Oher/Smith
28. TE Pettigrew
42. OG Duke Robinson

If Raji fell, I don't think DE would be as much of a need anymore, but I'd be willing to sub out Pettigrew or Robinson for Ayers or an OLB. I just don't really have a LB that I'm that big on besides Curry.

So with 3 1sts and a 2nd you don't address DE OR OLB? yikes.

Canadian'eh!
04-08-2009, 12:44 PM
The problem is you have no idea who falls where. If Crabtree were there at 11, then obviously that changes things.

But assuming he won't be, then i'd be looking at a few guys at each spot.

Assuming (Crabtree, Monroe, J. Smith, and Curry are gone), in order I go:

11:
Everett Brown DE
BJ Raji DT
Orakpo DE

21:
A. Smith OT
Oher OT
Maybin OLB/DE (if you didn't get Orakpo or Everett at 11)
Pettigrew TE

28:
Pettigrew TE
Larry English DE/OLB
Ayers DE/OLB (if no prev DE)
Eben Britton (if no OT before)

42:
Which position wasn't selected of OT, DE, OLB, TE and maybe OG.
If it's TE i love Nelson here. at OLB Sintim if here's there would be good. Or Max Unger.

So though it's surely a reach I'd go with an ideal:

11: Everett Brown DE
21: Andre Smith OT
28: Brandon Pettigrew TE
42: Clint Simtim OLB/Max Unger OG/OC

kid mickey
04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
If that were to happen. I would go this route instead.

Michael Oher
Brian Cushing
Connor Barwin
Chase Coffman

Not gonna happen though

justasportsfan
04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Talented players can make any coach look good, examples Levy, Torre, Swizter, Jackson, Riley, Belicheck, etc...
It goes both ways. YOu also need a coach that can put things together. Redskins. A coach can also develop talent. Brady and Cassel. You're the only one who insist coaches are hardly a factor.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
A coach can also develop talent. Brady and Cassel. You're the only one who insist coaches are hardly a factor. What was Belicheck problem in Cleveland then?

Ed
04-08-2009, 01:40 PM
So with 3 1sts and a 2nd you don't address DE OR OLB? yikes.
Well I think our DL could benefit a lot more by adding Raji, so if we were able to land him then I think DE is less of a priority. Especially considering the holes we'd have at both OT and OG if we trade Peters. I also said I'd be fine with swapping out Pettigrew or Robinson for a DE or OLB.

It really all comes down to value though and who's available.

Ed
04-08-2009, 01:42 PM
What was Belicheck problem in Cleveland then?
Lack of experience? Most people learn and get better at their jobs over time. Maybe they just didn't have any talent either.

Canadian'eh!
04-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Well I think our DL could benefit a lot more by adding Raji, so if we were able to land him then I think DE is less of a priority. Especially considering the holes we'd have at both OT and OG if we trade Peters. I also said I'd be fine with swapping out Pettigrew or Robinson for a DE or OLB.

It really all comes down to value though and who's available.

Agreed.

IF Monroe, Smith, Curry, Crabtree and Brown are allg one by 11 (a very real possibility) then I agree Raji might be the best bet there, even though he's not on our biggest needs list.

And again... it might shake out that A. Smith has best value at 21 and Pettgrew is a steal at 28.

So really I guess my only beef with those picks in that scenario is Duke RObinson. And if he is that much better than anyone else at 42, then OG is still a need. Though I do like Larry English, Sidbury, Kruger and Max Unger better (but they could all be long gone.)

Philagape
04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
11. Oher
21. Ayers
28. Mack
42. Sintim