PDA

View Full Version : socal stadium approved

trapezeus
04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/08/so.cal.stadium.ap/index.html

So i guess this got past the protest stage. It's hard to tell if the area is doing this just in the event a new team is granted or a team is moved they have cleared a hurdle, or if there is an active agreement and this is just a step. either way, i don't like it.

yordad
04-08-2009, 06:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/04/08/so.cal.stadium.ap/index.html

So i guess this got past the protest stage. It's hard to tell if the area is doing this just in the event a new team is granted or a team is moved they have cleared a hurdle, or if there is an active agreement and this is just a step. either way, i don't like it.Do they just figure "If you build it, they will come"?

DraftBoy
04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Not a bad mentality to have. The NFL loves shiny new toys to play with.

T-Long
04-08-2009, 07:06 PM
Will you guys stop worrying about the damn team moving. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Has anyone noticed who are COMMISSIONER is?!?!? He is from the NY area!!! That is why we have the current deal with Toronto. No matter how much locals don't like the idea, if it keeps the team in Western NY then it is well worth it. If the Bills ever DO move, it will be to Toronto. I don't know about you all, but it would be much better than them moving to California. But, it won't happen...at least not in most of our lifetimes.

PromoTheRobot
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
First off, all that article says is that an adjacent town that was blackmailing City of Industry just got bought off. That's all. Still a long way to go before they break ground. Certainly don't expect any money from the state.

I think this project is a bigger threat to the Chargers than the Bills. Chargers want a new stadium but they ain't getting one. Hey, here's an idea! How about the Chargers play some of their games in L.A.? If it's good enough for Toronto...

PTR

Michael82
04-09-2009, 01:50 AM
Welcome to the new home of the Los Angeles Chargers!

theanswer74
04-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Will you guys stop worrying about the damn team moving. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Has anyone noticed who are COMMISSIONER is?!?!? He is from the NY area!!! That is why we have the current deal with Toronto. No matter how much locals don't like the idea, if it keeps the team in Western NY then it is well worth it. If the Bills ever DO move, it will be to Toronto. I don't know about you all, but it would be much better than them moving to California. But, it won't happen...at least not in most of our lifetimes.

Yes, I heard something saying that the Toronto deal is something that is not allowed, but the owners were trying to help out the Bills.

trapezeus
04-09-2009, 10:29 AM

I think you have your head in the sand if you think the team won't move. Goodell isn't where he is because he wants to save the team. he's there on behalf of the owners. and they want teams to sell at the highest prices available. Being from the Buffalo area does absolutely nothing. In fact in his comments about this, he's as vague as our current owner.

I didn't post the link to say, "there they go." But they are now one step further. I agree with another poster, i can't imagine california of all states to be giving out financing.

superbills
04-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the new home of the Los Angeles Chargers!

What is it with you and that tiny font? Not even Hubble could read that :shelby: