• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Sirious Blitz

I was Vince from CT.

Asked about Peters...

Ross seemed to think Philly for the 21 and 28 is not out of the question.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Sirious Blitz

Originally posted by acehole
    I was Vince from CT.

Asked about Peters...

Ross seemed to think Philly for the 21 and 28 is not out of the question.
    As long as we keep our 11. I would consider Pettigrew at 21 and Ayers at 28.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
      Oher, Pettigrew, Ayers & a 2nd round LB would be a really good result I think. If we can't keep Peters here, that's a solid consolation prize.
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

u think the Bills are willing to spend that money....i could see them trading one of those 1st rounders for Scheffler just so we can get that deal done

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

sirius.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
            u think the Bills are willing to spend that money....i could see them trading one of those 1st rounders for Scheffler just so we can get that deal done
            What do you mean, "spend that money?" Like late first round picks will bankrupt the Bills? Seriously, it's not like picks 21 and 28 will both be getting 7 million per year. Consideringt he 11th pick in the draft typically gets a little over 4 million per year, I'd say we're looking at a total of 16 million per year max if we draft 3 firsts and a 2nd, for those four draft picks.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Raptor
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by The Spaz

No way Ayers makes it out of the top 20

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

It actually wouldn't cost that much tbh. Probably about as much as one year's salary if we gave in to Peter's demands. McKelvin (last years #11) gets around $5 mil per. Think very similar numbers for this year. The #21 and #28 will not get that much. TBH I don't know what they get, but I would assume $4 mil per and $3 mil per, would be at the top end of the market. That equals about $12 mil per in total. For the 3 picks.
                The 'silly money', only really exists in the top 5 or so picks, things calm down very quickly after that.

Comment

• streetkings01
                  • Jul 2006

Lynch was the 12th pick in the 2007 draft and his base salary is.....

7/27/2007: Signed a six-year, $18.935 million contract. The deal contains $10.285 million guaranteed, including a $3 million signing bonus. 2009: $630,000, 2010: $885,000, 2011: $1.14 million, 2012: $1.14 million (Voidable Year), 2013: Free Agent

His base salary this season is only $630K......those picks would do no damage to us at financially.
                  Last edited by streetkings01; 04-09-2009, 11:41 AM.
                  You can call me streetkings

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                    Oher, Pettigrew, Ayers & a 2nd round LB would be a really good result I think. If we can't keep Peters here, that's a solid consolation prize.
                    I could live with that.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                      • Dec 2002

What so many fail to realize is that Peters is still under contract.

Despite these grueling attempts at obtaining top dollar for what some might call subpar performances, he is still legally binded to the Buffalo Bills and the contract that he agreed upon a couple of short years ago.

Peters debt issues are no secret having been publicly revealed by the media last season when all of us wacthed a similar scenerio pay itself out. And just like last year, while Peters sits out the training camps and preseason, he just can't afford to sit out the regular season. If he could, he would have last season.

Subsequently, after Peters agreed to end his "sit out" last season, the Bills "promised" to renegotiate his money and terms this off season. Well the Bills held up to their part of the bargain.

If Peters and his agent continue to push for more, well I say " who cares"!? The Bills do not leagally have to pay him one more cent.

I have to believe that Peters and his agent are balking here. Poorly attempting to force a trade or even better getting the money from a stingy Buffalo FO.

But the facts remain here...if the Bills do not get a legitimate trade offer for their Pro Bowl starting LT, or if Peters refuses to sign a very honorable offer made by the Bills, then what else can Peters do but simply play out the season?

And let's say by some off chance Peters does hold out the regular season next year, what could he possibly have benefited from doing so? When it is all said and done he will still find himself under contract a little further in debt.

After the way the Dockery incident unfolded itself, and estimating the current talent of the offensive line, the Bills will make no further moves in contract negotiations with Peters other than to move the same numbers around like a hard pressed car salesman.

Buffalo will let Peters float out to sea on a highly bouyant trading block but letting him go will not happen unless they see the right price.

Why not shoot high? What do they possibly have to loose?
                      Last edited by ChristopherWalken; 04-09-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Post of the month.

Originally posted by ChristopherWalken
                        What so many fail to realize is that Peters is still under contract.

Despite these grueling attempts at obtaining top dollar for what some might call subpar performances, he is still legally binded to the Buffalo Bills and the contract that he agreed upon a couple of short years ago.

Peters debt issues are no secret having been publicly revealed by the media last season when all of us wacthed a similar scenerio pay itself out. And just like last year, while Peters sits out the training camps and preseason, he just can't afford to sit out the regular season. If he could, he would have last season.

Subsequently, after Peters agreed to end his "sit out" last season, the Bills "promised" to renegotiate his money and terms this off season. Well the Bills held up to their part of the bargain.

If Peters and his agent continue to push for more, well I say " who cares"!? The Bills do not leagally have to pay him one more cent.

I have to believe that Peters and his agent are balking here. Poorly attempting to force a trade or even better getting the money from a stingy Buffalo FO.

But the facts remain here...if the Bills do not get a legitimate trade offer for their Pro Bowl starting LT, or if Peters refuses to sign a very honorable offer made by the Bills, then what else can Peters do but simply play out the season?

And let's say by some off chance Peters does hold out the regular season next year, what could he possibly have benefited from doing so? When it is all said and done he will still find himself under contract a little further in debt.

After the way the Dockery incident unfolded itself, and estimating the current talent of the offensive line, the Bills will make no further moves in contract negotiations with Peters other than to move the same numbers around like a hard pressed car salesman.

Buffalo will let Peters float out to sea on a highly bouyant trading block but letting him go will not happen unless they see the right price.

Why not shoot high? What do they possibly have to loose?
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          sirius.
                          Thanks and as usual your insight is breath taking.
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Oaf
                            Do you read what you write?
                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by acehole
                            Thanks and as usual your insight is breath taking.
                            breathtaking.

Haha,

This isn't the spelling bee.

You mean what I know.

Comment

• kid mickey
                              • Apr 2009

I am pretty sure that if traded Peters and got picks 21 and 28 you could still pay every pick you get out of this draft for less than what Peters is asking. Which makes getting those picks for Peters a really good idea. I really think it will come down to draft day. If I guy like Michael Oher is there at 11 I don't think the Bills will have any qualms about pulling the trigger and getting him. Then trading Peters to Philly for picks. Oher has got to be there first though. It would be pretty insane if the Bills pulled something like this. Getting Michael Oher, then getting Pettigrew at 21 and a guy like Connor Barwin at 28 if they got that pick. Then you could get a guy like Laurinaitis with your second round pick if he is around. You might have to put Poz outside or maybe Laurinaitis could do that. I am not really sure. Then you still have five picks left I would preferably use that third rounder on the best available guard. Use the rest of the picks for depth and/or possible steals at positions you could use reinforcements in.
                              Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

Working...
                              X